Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is almost like they drew the character for her to eventually play the role.
This may have been what you meant, but since she voiced the character originally that is probably true.

So glad they are doing this now that the release of "In the Heights " was pushed back - need Lin fix !

Broadway show opening pushed back to Sept 6

So glad they are doing this now that the release of "In the Heights " was pushed back - need Lin fix !

Broadway show opening pushed back to Sept 6
Broadway is now allowing for refunds/exchanges for shows through September 6, but there is now rumblings broadway may not reopen until January 2021.

Broadway is now allowing for refunds/exchanges for shows through September 6, but there is now rumblings broadway may not reopen until January 2021.

I think 2021 is very likely. How their seats are laid out, there’s no way they could enforce social distancing measures at any broadway theater. You’re within 6 feet of people 4 seats down and 3 rows in front or in back of you. The performers would need to take massive paycuts for the theaters to operate at a net positive if they had to remove a certain amount of seating availability

I think 2021 is very likely. How their seats are laid out, there’s no way they could enforce social distancing measures at any broadway theater. You’re within 6 feet of people 4 seats down and 3 rows in front or in back of you. The performers would need to take massive paycuts for the theaters to operate at a net positive if they had to remove a certain amount of seating availability

Agree. Talk about not being able to social distance - I was an usher in my younger days at a Broadway house

Most of them were built ages ago, when people (on average) were smaller, hence the cramped quarters

And it would be hard to play to 50% capacity - with running costs so high, shows wouldn't be able to survive

Agree. Talk about not being able to social distance - I was an usher in my younger days at a Broadway house

Most of them were built ages ago, when people (on average) were smaller, hence the cramped quarters

And it would be hard to play to 50% capacity - with running costs so high, shows wouldn't be able to survive

And renovating their theaters to space out seating would take a long time, cost a ton of money, and all but destroy the historical significance of the theater

^ This is a reason why Disney+ is better than Netflix/Hulu/HBO max/Peacock

Netflix might have countless originals coming out, they’ve also been around for 12 years and didn’t have their first original programming until 5 years after they started up. But no one does the behind the scenes type of programming like Disney. I’d much rather have stuff like The Imagineering Story (I still have only watched 3 episodes because I know when I finish it, I’m going to want more), One Day at Disney, The Mandalorian round table, Prop Culture etc. I’m willing to wait for the original shows they’re going to have when they have these in depth storytelling programming that no other studio can do

Netflix might have countless originals coming out, they’ve also been around for 12 years and didn’t have their first original programming until 5 years after they started up. But no one does the behind the scenes type of programming like Disney. I’d much rather have stuff like The Imagineering Story (I still have only watched 3 episodes because I know when I finish it, I’m going to want more), One Day at Disney, The Mandalorian round table, Prop Culture etc. I’m willing to wait for the original shows they’re going to have when they have these in depth storytelling programming that no other studio can do
They just have different content is all.

You're not going to see the same type of docuseries as you will on other streaming services. Nothing wrong with that. Behind the scenes is fun for sure but we're constantly intrigued by the docuseries we see elsewhere. Seriously did you know there is a terrorist group related to French wine (yes a terriorist group)? Or that Canada had issue with maple syrup theft from their reserves (that they even have a governmental control over maple syrup is interesting enough) or how bottled water is marketed, where the water comes from, etc or how coffee beans grown in various parts of the world and how they are grown affect the taste, etc. Those are just a tiny miniscule of things we watched so far on Netflix and Curiosity Stream.

Just different stuff ya know. But it's nice that Disney is getting these behind the scenes stuff available; it gives people the opportunity to peek inside on things they love and have enjoyed.

Yea I think they have been doing a great job of original content for their start here. They have a good selection of scripted shows, behind the scenes stuff, and reality tv programming. Another great aspect to them I think is the bonus features on a lot of the movies too. Other streaming services just give you the film but Disney is also giving the bonus features to it so it's like having the blu rays themselves

This. Of course I’m worried this will hold true for nearly ALL theaters across America or any country for that matter. We hold season tickets for our summer outdoor venue and our Fox Theater which is indoor. Summer outdoor theater is already cut to 5 shows starting mid July Down from 7 which should have started in a few weeks. I don’t know how these theaters are going to work this stuff out.
My sister in law is pretty high up in the ranks at one of our concert halls and she is very concerned about her concerts (classical music) fall season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter