Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it’s confusing lol. But I’m enjoying the book so far about a third of the way through.

Back in the old EU there were levels of cannon. The highest level was G-Cannon - the G is for George. Whatever he said goes of course and that included anything on film and eventually The Clone Wars series. If there was a conflict with a book, the movies superceded always. It's a little unfortunate that Disney is already making a mess of their own since they wanted to keep it tight, but I would defer to filmed material, then the primary animated series before books and comics. Like many, I am very willing to take Dave Filoni as George's true successor and give him wide lattitude with the franchise.

Back in the old EU there were levels of cannon. The highest level was G-Cannon - the G is for George. Whatever he said goes of course and that included anything on film and eventually The Clone Wars series. If there was a conflict with a book, the movies superceded always. It's a little unfortunate that Disney is already making a mess of their own since they wanted to keep it tight, but I would defer to filmed material, then the primary animated series before books and comics. Like many, I am very willing to take Dave Filoni as George's true successor and give him wide lattitude with the franchise.
Yeah the canon screw ups this early into the Disney owned arena is definitely concerning. The Legends canon was around for decades and only had a few errors in continuity spread over that entire period. Disney has owned the franchise for less than 8 years and we’re already seeing canon issues. And I agree with the above that these new books don’t hold a candle to the Legends books.

Yeah the canon screw ups this early into the Disney owned arena is definitely concerning. The Legends canon was around for decades and only had a few errors in continuity spread over that entire period. Disney has owned the franchise for less than 8 years and we’re already seeing canon issues. And I agree with the above that these new books don’t hold a candle to the Legends books.

I know keeping a large, sprawling continuity together is hard and I don't expect perfection, but consistency is the goal. That Ahsoka book isn't even that old. It's one thing when the prequels came in to shake things up, but they weren't even planned when the EU was laying groundwork. That said, I'm not one who is married to the EU as I didn't follow it that closely. I still don't really follow the books and comics so on-screen is always going to be my cannon anyway - at least there they are consistent.

I know keeping a large, sprawling continuity together is hard and I don't expect perfection, but consistency is the goal. That Ahsoka book isn't even that old. It's one thing when the prequels came in to shake things up, but they weren't even planned when the EU was laying groundwork. That said, I'm not one who is married to the EU as I didn't follow it that closely. I still don't really follow the books and comics so on-screen is always going to be my cannon anyway - at least there they are consistent.
The only person that should be deciding Ashoka cannon at this point is Filoni.

Has Disney ever mentioned anything about it? Purely guessing, but maybe some kind of licensing or rights for the streaming format is the hold up?

So far the only new books I really like a lot are the Thrawn books. But there is a lot I have not read yet.

So far the only new books I really like a lot are the Thrawn books. But there is a lot I have not read yet.
They’re on my to-read list. I’m actually going back through the Legends books currently. Working through Yuuzhan Vong series right now.

And as for the spoilers up above:
thats some awesome news there. that’s going to be a very cool story as to why this other character has Fetts armor [\SPOILER]

I've only read the first Thrawn book so far but really enjoyed it. Was a great companion book for the Rebels series I felt as it introduces his character but also gives an origin story for governor Pryce as well. Plan to read the others eventually.

As far as the continuity issues they are a bit annoying this early on but they are pretty minor. The Mandalore stuff in the novel had to be kept pretty simple to get it across quicker, plus Filoni having years to come up with new ideas can make it understandable to have changes when it gets made. I'd rather have these minor inconsistencies between the books and shows/films if it means seeing something more cinematic. Don't think the Mandalore episodes would have been as good with how it was in the book as there wasn't really much of a fight between them (though wish they kept some dialogue).

I know I'm not part of the demographic, but I'm looking forward to this!

Hey, it's a good show. I've not watched it that much, but when I have caught bits of it I can see it's pretty good (plus I watch plenty of other things way outside of my demographic). The Marvel episode was really funny, though I will admit that I generally prefer the Agent P segments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter