Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Of course I’m worried this will hold true for nearly ALL theaters across America or any country for that matter. We hold season tickets for our summer outdoor venue and our Fox Theater which is indoor. Summer outdoor theater is already cut to 5 shows starting mid July Down from 7 which should have started in a few weeks. I don’t know how these theaters are going to work this stuff out.

My sister in law is pretty high up in the ranks at one of our concert halls and she is very concerned about her concerts (classical music) fall season.
I don’t have high hopes for The Muny or The Fox this year.

This. Of course I’m worried this will hold true for nearly ALL theaters across America or any country for that matter. We hold season tickets for our summer outdoor venue and our Fox Theater which is indoor. Summer outdoor theater is already cut to 5 shows starting mid July Down from 7 which should have started in a few weeks. I don’t know how these theaters are going to work this stuff out.
The one community theater I did a couple shows at in upstate NY is apparently doing their summer shows via paid live stream.

The one community theater I did a couple shows at in upstate NY is apparently doing their summer shows via paid live stream.

I heard this idea brought up by a few people and thought it was a great idea. Even have the livestream limited to make it exclusive like typical broadway shows. Obviously not charge as much, but it’s a good idea and it keeps these performers working and getting paid, while bringing entertainment to theater fans

I heard this idea brought up by a few people and thought it was a great idea. Even have the livestream limited to make it exclusive like typical broadway shows. Obviously not charge as much, but it’s a good idea and it keeps these performers working and getting paid, while bringing entertainment to theater fans
It's a good idea except I'd be concerned with the safety of the actors and how close they would need to be together to practice and perform. Self-distancing the theater don't seem to play in the sandbox well together.

It's a good idea except I'd be concerned with the safety of the actors and how close they would need to be together to practice and perform. Self-distancing the theater don't seem to play in the sandbox well together.

I’m sure if this hypothetical idea came to pass, theyd all be tested before theyd be able to perform. They could release digital tickets a few hours before the show starts so that every performer has already been tested before having people commit to paying for the live performance.

Broadway Shows could be a huge part part of Disney+ streaming service.

This article has some interesting thoughts on how LIVE and recorded Broadway shows could be a huge draw to Disney+

It would be really cool if Disney+ has LIVE STREAM EVENTS of actual Broadway shows. Maybe the first Friday night of the month or definitely something around the Holidays. Something great for the fans and subscription numbers. It would also create new fans and intrest in attending shows in person. Win-win!

https://www.techradar.com/news/disn...cals-and-hamilton-could-be-just-the-beginning

Disney+ is absorbing the Linear (Cable) Disney Channel in some foreign markets

It looks like Disney+ is absorbing the Linear (Cable) Disney Channel in some foreign markets. It makes sense to consolidate viewers to the new platform. Today's consumers are so used to on-demand programing, especially kids shows. I understand why. The cable channels are still huge business to Disney in the US. Interesting to see what they do with Disney Channel and XD in the US.
https://insidethemagic.net/2020/05/disney-plus-shuts-down-disney-channel-kc1/

Disney+ is absorbing the Linear (Cable) Disney Channel in some foreign markets

It looks like Disney+ is absorbing the Linear (Cable) Disney Channel in some foreign markets. It makes sense to consolidate viewers to the new platform. Today's consumers are so used to on-demand programing, especially kids shows. I understand why. The cable channels are still huge business to Disney in the US. Interesting to see what they do with Disney Channel and XD in the US.
https://insidethemagic.net/2020/05/disney-plus-shuts-down-disney-channel-kc1/

I expect they will hang on to the flagship Disney Channel for quite a while, but it wouldn't surprise me to see XD and Jr. retired. They already show some of the Jr. programming in the mornings on DC anyway and most new shows seem to be premeiring on DC as opposed to XD. I think we could see some consolidation of things within a few years and a lot of programming moving to D+ and maybe some use of Disney Now for those who still have Disney Channel subscriptions through cable.

Even Disney has to be surprised by the popularity of Clone Wars.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...ngs-for-the-title-of-most-streamed-show.html/

I was just chatting about this yesterday - one of the things I hope comes out of this is that Disney sees the positive response to things that Dave Filoni is behind and lets him basically run with Star Wars from now on (sort of like Kevin Feige for Marvel)

I just rewatched Rise of Skywalker again and while I find it an enjoyable movie I didn't find it nearly as satisfying as those last 4 episodes of Clone Wars - and I think Dave Filoni is a big reason wy

I was just chatting about this yesterday - one of the things I hope comes out of this is that Disney sees the positive response to things that Dave Filoni is behind and lets him basically run with Star Wars from now on (sort of like Kevin Feige for Marvel)

I just rewatched Rise of Skywalker again and while I find it an enjoyable movie I didn't find it nearly as satisfying as those last 4 episodes of Clone Wars - and I think Dave Filoni is a big reason wy

I agree. It's not that I disliked the Sequel Trilogy at all (actually I really liked ROS) but really none of it has been as good as the final season of Clone Wars. Then again, Clone Wars & Rebels at the top of their games have been pretty much better than ANY other Star Wars. I am excitedly awaiting news on the Rebels follow-up show - I really hope they do it but I hope it's animated.

Well Clone Wars finale was satisfying but also definitely left me wanting more - would be exctied about a new animated Star Wars project for Disney+

That last scene was something! Vader seeing the helmet, holding the droped light saber that he, as Anakin, had been so excited to give to her not that long ago, and then his reflection in in the helment with Asohka's coloring on it walking away as if he now fully has turned his back on his former life, etc. ... then you have the Morai flying overhead and the role it plays in Rebels in the worlds between episode. So much in that short scene with no dialogue

Do wonder why she left the lightsaber - and only one of them
I just started listening to the Ashoka audio book. There is a flash back about what Ashoka does at the end of Clone Wars. Not sure if it’s actually cannon though. Because it’s a little different than what happens in Clone Wars. But it does explain why she did it.
In the book she trying to fake her death along with also faking the death of Rex. But she takes both lightsabers and plants upright in the ground. There also a flash back of the fight Maul it’s a little different also. So not really sure what to make of it all.

I just started listening to the Ashoka audio book. There is a flash back about what Ashoka does at the end of Clone Wars. Not sure if it’s actually cannon though. Because it’s a little different than what happens in Clone Wars. But it does explain why she did it.
In the book she trying to fake her death along with also faking the death of Rex. But she takes both lightsabers and plants upright in the ground. There also a flash back of the fight Maul it’s a little different also. So not really sure what to make of it all.

The Ahsoka book was published as part of the new canon, but Filoni didn’t follow it. But Clone Wars is canon too...so now we have a fictional problem. 🤣 Maybe it’s all true, from a certain point of view?

The Ahsoka book was published as part of the new canon, but Filoni didn’t follow it. But Clone Wars is canon too...so now we have a fictional problem. 🤣 Maybe it’s all true, from a certain point of view?
Yeah it’s confusing lol. But I’m enjoying the book so far about a third of the way through.

Meh Ahsoka book wasn't that interesting for me. But then again, I used to love all the Star Wars books and haven't though any of the newest ones were that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter