Disney PI question

ya, i applied to 4. I applied to vet records, conversavtion education presenter (both of which do not require a rec), and entomology and biotechnology (which do). Which did you apply for? Your the first person I know of applying to an animal programs PI!

Just got an initial interview for accounting and finance! Interviewed for my first DCP 2 weeks ago, is this first one for PI similar in nature?

Quick Question: How many PI's can 1 person apply for? The reason I'm asking this is because I am interested in applying for 6 Professional Internships. But I read on the Disney Professional Internships website that candidates are only allowed to apply for 3. Can I apply for more than 3 or does Disney enforce the limit?

i applied for 4, but they are related to each other. they say 3, but its a high recommendation of only 3 and not so much a limit. 6 seems like a little much, but if you do apply to more than 3, really make sure that the PI roles are related to one another

I second the post above. Make sure all your choices are related to YOU and your career goals. There are some careers where applying for more than 3 might be good and others where it wouldn't work at all. In my opinion if you are interested in a certain facet of the company, like marketing, but would also be interested in managing in the parks then you could very well choose 5-6.

The PI recruiters don't so much care that you want to work for Disney (obviously you do or you wouldn't be applying) as they want to know why you want to work in the specific roles you chose. I don't know if it's true or not, but I get the feeling they want to weed out the people who "just want a PI to work for Disney". If you just want to work for Disney you can go to the casting center or do a CP program.

When I had my interview my person told me she looks for people with relevant experience and can explain how those experiences will fit with the roles they chose because Disney is not a great place to get that initial experience.

Thanks for the comments boundfordinsey and mare07. All the PI's I plan on applying for are under the category of Information Technology since I plan on graduating with a Computer Science degree. I do want to work for Disney, but I want develop my career at Disney. :)

no problem and good luck to you!

anyone know if the screening process occurs roughly at the same time for all roles? I sent my app. in the second day that it opened and have yet to hear much with respect to a screening.

I only applied to the alumni-only PI's which asks the applicant to call and schedule a screening, but the non-alumni PI's work a little different. I would guess most of the people doing screenings right now applied for the alumni-only PI's and the recruiters will start doing the non-alumni screenings sometime this month, but that's just a guess. Unlike the CP it's not a first-come, first-served experience, so you have the same chance turning it in March 2 that you do February 1. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get a screening call soon!

ok thanks. never did the CP nor do I know the PI process very well. thanks for the info! Im guessing youre right because a lot are doing management PI's and I would assume that there are a lot of alumni positions for that

I just submitted my application for the Conservation Education Presenter PI for Fall 2011! :woohoo: Hopefully I will hear something soon!

ok thanks. never did the CP nor do I know the PI process very well. thanks for the info! Im guessing youre right because a lot are doing management PI's and I would assume that there are a lot of alumni positions for that

my DH is not alumni and did his interview today. He applied on Wed, got an email friday afternoon to schedule the interview, called yesterday morning to set it up and they called this morning to do the interview.

He applied through the regular WDW jobs site so he didn't see anything there about not applying for more than 3 positions. He applied for a LOT of them but the lady he spoke with this morning said it was fine because they are all related to his experience and his degree. He did pick his top 3 and told her why those were his top picks. His interview went on for around 40mins and she told him he'd hear something back by May at the latest.

I hope this time line helps! :goodvibes

my DH is not alumni and did his interview today. He applied on Wed, got an email friday afternoon to schedule the interview, called yesterday morning to set it up and they called this morning to do the interview.

He applied through the regular WDW jobs site so he didn't see anything there about not applying for more than 3 positions. He applied for a LOT of them but the lady he spoke with this morning said it was fine because they are all related to his experience and his degree. He did pick his top 3 and told her why those were his top picks. His interview went on for around 40mins and she told him he'd hear something back by May at the latest.

That's awesome!!! What positions did he apply for?

That's awesome!!! What positions did he apply for?

mostly management, marketing & sales positions. His top 3 are theme park operations management, lodging management (front desk) and then sales & travel public relations. He's very much a people person and would thrive on all the guest interaction, even if they are unhappy interactions. :laughing:

He's got more than a decade of management experience including being a general manager of a restaurant so he's definitely experienced as a manager. I just hope he's got what Disney is looking for. This is his dream opportunity. Poor guy is dying over having to wait so long to know anything.

mostly management, marketing & sales positions. His top 3 are theme park operations management, lodging management (front desk) and then sales & travel public relations. He's very much a people person and would thrive on all the guest interaction, even if they are unhappy interactions. :laughing:

He's got more than a decade of management experience including being a general manager of a restaurant so he's definitely experienced as a manager. I just hope he's got what Disney is looking for. This is his dream opportunity. Poor guy is dying over having to wait so long to know anything.

Best of luck to him...I bet he stands a great chance with all his management experience! So were these regular jobs or PIs he applied for? I hope his dreams come true...seems like ya'll are great people :)

Best of luck to him...I bet he stands a great chance with all his management experience! So were these regular jobs or PIs he applied for? I hope his dreams come true...seems like ya'll are great people :)

Thanks! I really hope he gets the internship!

These were all PI's. We're in school FT so he'd be taking the fall semester off to do the internship. The kids and I will stay here and hopefully he'll get back to back days off so he can come home to visit maybe once a month. It will be hard to be apart for so long but I'm so excited that he's going for his dream. The kids will all be in school come the fall so it's not like I'll have to juggle school and kids at home which makes it pretty much the perfect time for him to go for this opportunity.

:goodvibes

Thanks! I really hope he gets the internship!

These were all PI's. We're in school FT so he'd be taking the fall semester off to do the internship. The kids and I will stay here and hopefully he'll get back to back days off so he can come home to visit maybe once a month. It will be hard to be apart for so long but I'm so excited that he's going for his dream. The kids will all be in school come the fall so it's not like I'll have to juggle school and kids at home which makes it pretty much the perfect time for him to go for this opportunity.

:goodvibes

Sounds perfect! Truly Pixie Dust coming ya'lls way!! pixiedust: Jennie, my DD feels like him, waiting is the hardest part!!!

I just submitted my application for the Conservation Education Presenter PI for Fall 2011! :woohoo: Hopefully I will hear something soon!

good luck! i too posted for that position. did you post for any others?! i posted last week and have yet to hear anything and Im kind of getting a bit nervous

good luck to him! hope he gets it! i havent heard of anyone hearing anything yet from the Animal science programs (which is good and bad). If I dont hear anything by thursday I am going to email the program and ask them what's up (since i dont have a phone number).

good luck! i too posted for that position. did you post for any others?! i posted last week and have yet to hear anything and Im kind of getting a bit nervous

No. I applied for just this one PI this time around. If it doesn't work out this time I can always apply again. Plus I am only a Sophomore in college and didnt want to do CP and there are very few IP that I can do and this one! It also helps that I am going into Education and have a keen interest in the environment and wildlife!

yup just keep this in mind- paper can only say so much about you. If you get an interview, along with me hopefully haha, knock 'em out of the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter