Disney Pin Celebration 2010 - Trade City, U.S.A.

We got registered for all the events. This year's event is going to be dangerous for me because not only do I collect pins, but I'm an even bigger Vinylmation collector. I'm really excited about the Vinylmation Showcase, that will be the first major event I've been able to go to. I've been able to go to one signing in the past, but that's it so far.

Daber, what Figment event are you refering to? My dad is a huge Figment collector. That's one of the reasons we go to the pin event and I'd hate for him to miss out on something.

This will be my DH and my first pin celebration! I am so excited. I filled out my RSP and will be on pins and needles until I find out what I can get. I want everything I picked! What if someone doesn't want theirs, will they sell it to those at the event? How would I find out if there are any left?

Also, how do I find out if I got an Early Bird pin? I just registered and paid today. I tried to register Wednesday but I emailed a question and just got an answer today. GEESH! You would think I was 5 years old and waiting on Santa!!!:scared1:

This will be my DH and my first pin celebration! I am so excited. I filled out my RSP and will be on pins and needles until I find out what I can get. I want everything I picked! What if someone doesn't want theirs, will they sell it to those at the event? How would I find out if there are any left?

Also, how do I find out if I got an Early Bird pin? I just registered and paid today. I tried to register Wednesday but I emailed a question and just got an answer today. GEESH! You would think I was 5 years old and waiting on Santa!!!:scared1:

At the event there's the opportunity to fill out an additional RSP for merchandise that's still available. Upon check in at the event you'll receive a list of remaining merchandise, along with the additional RSP.

You should get a confirmation email regarding the early bird pin. I know my dad said he received one about ours.

Congratulations on your first pin celebration! My dh and dd went 2 years ago and loved it, then last year they moved it to June :mad:, and this year my ds is old enough so all 4 of us are going!

It says if you're eligible for the early bird pin you'll receive an email within 1 business day. We registered yesterday afternoon and received our email about an hour later, but if you registered after 5:00 it could be Monday before you hear from them.

See you all in August!

Daber, what Figment event are you refering to? My dad is a huge Figment collector. That's one of the reasons we go to the pin event and I'd hate for him to miss out on something.

Every year they also bring out a WDCC piece. Last year's was the Figment in a Space suit that you see at the end of the ride. They year before it was Figment Pigment that you see in the last big scene. Before that they had Figment breakfasts at the pin events where they would release the sculpt. This year's is Figment in Top Hat and Tails from the first Figment ride. The piece is $140 + shipping.
WDCC is releasing a new figment sculpture on 4/24/2010 at Epcot - Figment in Tuxedo: Top Hat and Tails. The sculpture can be pre-ordered with Walt Disney Event Services.

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservi...wdcc_figment_in_tuxedo_sculpture_release.html

Every year they also bring out a WDCC piece. Last year's was the Figment in a Space suit that you see at the end of the ride. They year before it was Figment Pigment that you see in the last big scene. Before that they had Figment breakfasts at the pin events where they would release the sculpt. This year's is Figment in Top Hat and Tails from the first Figment ride. The piece is $140 + shipping.

That's the one I was hoping it was.:thumbsup2 He preordered it, so that one's taken care of.

Congratulations on your first pin celebration! My dh and dd went 2 years ago and loved it, then last year they moved it to June :mad:, and this year my ds is old enough so all 4 of us are going!

It says if you're eligible for the early bird pin you'll receive an email within 1 business day. We registered yesterday afternoon and received our email about an hour later, but if you registered after 5:00 it could be Monday before you hear from them.

See you all in August!

Well, I guess we didn't get the early bird pin. I haven't heard anything and we registered Friday afternoon. It was 4:30 WDW time, so maybe they were closed and just haven't replied. But I don't have a good feeling. So sad!!:sad2:

Well, I guess we didn't get the early bird pin. I haven't heard anything and we registered Friday afternoon. It was 4:30 WDW time, so maybe they were closed and just haven't replied. But I don't have a good feeling. So sad!!:sad2:

YIPPEEE! Exactly 24 business hours later I got an email saying I am eligible for the Early Bird Pin!!! WHEW!! I am almost ashamed of myself for pouting!!!

YIPPEEE! Exactly 24 business hours later I got an email saying I am eligible for the Early Bird Pin!!! WHEW!! I am almost ashamed of myself for pouting!!!

There's nothing wrong with pouting. It's makes it an even bigger surprise when you think something isn't going to happen, but it does.

You all gave me courage. I registered tonight and am hoping hoping hoping for the pin also. I just hope I can go!! How does the pin registration work? Do you have to pay for the pins when you register, or at the pin event? How do they choose who gets which pins? It will be my first pin event and am not sure how it all works? Is there any benefit to registering for the pins I want right away, if it is all random? Thanks.

You all gave me courage. I registered tonight and am hoping hoping hoping for the pin also. I just hope I can go!! How does the pin registration work? Do you have to pay for the pins when you register, or at the pin event? How do they choose who gets which pins? It will be my first pin event and am not sure how it all works? Is there any benefit to registering for the pins I want right away, if it is all random? Thanks.

You know, I wondered the same thing about if it makes a difference how soon you fill out that pin list. It says RANDOM SELECTION letters will be mailed out on or around July 30th and credit cards will be charged on August 16th. Personally, I think it should be first come first served. Please don't bash me for that. It is only my opinion. I am sure they have their reasons for doing it differently.

I wonder what will happen to your registration package if you don't go to the pin event.

Still, I am so excited I care barely stand it. My pin vest came in today and I am ready to start filling it up.:yay:

My DH signed up for a WDWNT: The Weekend, that he found on the official Disney website. He paid $8 for an adult and $3 for a child. It said that it was for the pin event held on Aug 26-Aug 29, so he went ahead and paid thinking it was for the pin event. Now after reading this thread, and finding out the pin event is $115, does anyone know what he signed up for? Has anybody heard of this event? Any info will be appreciated.

I registered yesterday and am also hoping to get the early bird pin. Prior years it was everyone who registered up to a certain date, not up to a certain number of registrations.

OK, the RSP process (as best as it can be explained as it is shrouded in mystery and secrecy): It is random as the name says. They enter your RSP into the computer. Let's say there is an LE 10. If 10 people have it as their #1 choice, then all 10 get it and anyone who has it as their #2 or lower choice doesn't get one. If only 8 people have it as their # 1 choice, then all 8 get it and there are 2 left over for those who have it as their #2 choice. Where it gets random is if 150 people have it as their #1 choice (or more than 2 in the second scenario as their #2 choice). Then the computer randomly choses which 10 of the 150 get the LE 10 pin. And there are 140 very disappointed people. It all happens at the same time in a dark room in the bowels of WDW. So when you file your RSP has no bearing on if you get the pin.

You then get notification of what pins the RSP process has assigned to you. You have about a week or so to decide if you want to buy the pin. If you do they then will hit your credit card about a week prior to the event. If you don't want it, you tell them and they take it off your RSP. The pin then goes back into the pin bucket for the 4th RSP which takes place Friday night of the event. You can also reject the pin for quality or artistic reasons when you get your pins and have those also put back into the big pin bucket. You get an RSP notice on Saturday and pay for any pins the RSP pin fairy gives you then.
Hope this helps!

My DH signed up for a WDWNT: The Weekend, that he found on the official Disney website. He paid $8 for an adult and $3 for a child. It said that it was for the pin event held on Aug 26-Aug 29, so he went ahead and paid thinking it was for the pin event. Now after reading this thread, and finding out the pin event is $115, does anyone know what he signed up for? Has anybody heard of this event? Any info will be appreciated.
I have no idea what the "NT" is.

If you sign up by a certain date the pin event is only $100, not $115. And, don't forget, that admission to Epcot is not included in the registration fee; entry to the Park tickets are required.

Well, I didn't find it on any Official Disney site, but I searched for it on Yahoo! and found it. After reading it, it appears that it is a group of WDW Fans that are scheduling a Meet and Greet during the same time as the Pin Event. It states on the information page that it is not affiliated with or sponsored by Disney and their schedule only has events happening when the Celebration Pin Event does not. It seemed to me that the price per person was to cover the registration gift bag that each person gets. I have no idea what may be in there. It also states on that website that the Pin Event is different from the WDWNT: The Weekend.

Maybe you will also enjoy some of the happenings and you can report back to us! Good luck!

Thank you for checking into that for me. I appreciate it. It seems that my DH didn't read the whole page and jumped into a decision too fast. I had the feeling it wasn't the same pin event because the price just didn't make any sense. My DS was really excited that we are going to be in WDW during the pin event, so I think I'll sign him up. Thanks again for the info.

Thank you for checking into that for me. I appreciate it. It seems that my DH didn't read the whole page and jumped into a decision too fast. I had the feeling it wasn't the same pin event because the price just didn't make any sense. My DS was really excited that we are going to be in WDW during the pin event, so I think I'll sign him up. Thanks again for the info.

Is your DS old enough to go to the Pin Event without you? Because you have to have a ticket to get into the Pin Event (each person must have a ticket) and park admission is an additional cost (unless you have annual passes). So, whether you plan on trading or not, to get into the Pin Event, you will be required to have a ticket to even walk in.

Hope this makes sense.

Yes we do have annual passes. My DS is 23 and he will take my 15 yr old DD. They are the pin traders in the family. My DH & I will trade, but just when we see something that strikes our liking. I really don't feel like spending an extra $200 on us. The kids will have a good time and my DS couldn't wait to have a pin event when we are there.

Yes we do have annual passes. My DS is 23 and he will take my 15 yr old DD. They are the pin traders in the family. My DH & I will trade, but just when we see something that strikes our liking. I really don't feel like spending an extra $200 on us. The kids will have a good time and my DS couldn't wait to have a pin event when we are there.

Sounds like you are all set! My DH and I are going without our DS and DD and they ARE NOT HAPPY! Of course, they are 9 years old and the thought of us going to Disney without them just baffles them! But, I didn't want to pay another $200 for them to go, even though they are pin traders (by my own fault no less!!).

I am very much looking forward to going. We are staying at AKL Jambo House. Anyone else staying there?

We are staying at the Boardwalk. I love this event, the people are very nice, but be prepared to stand in lines. :scared1:
Penny:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter