Disney Resorts Reopening

I received this email tonight from ME. I have an upcoming reservation for FQ beginning July 17. (Our GF booked for 7/10 was cancelled by me). Looks like I should get my own luggage if we keep this one.

Attachments

• 4A5E1180-4ECE-4CF1-8998-79CE81278307.jpeg
    4A5E1180-4ECE-4CF1-8998-79CE81278307.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 229
Any idea on where I might be moved was supposed to be in the tower

Same boat. We've been wanting to stay in their Deluxe Tower Suites since it opened and we finally got one for our anniversary and now we're (likely) being bumped. I know, I know.. whiny first world problems.. but I can't say I'm not disappointed. And I love the other resorts.. but we specifically picked this room. Not all DVC rooms would be an upgrade, so I'm really curious to see where they move us.

Same boat. We've been wanting to stay in their Deluxe Tower Suites since it opened and we finally got one for our anniversary and now we're (likely) being bumped. I know, I know.. whiny first world problems.. but I can't say I'm not disappointed. And I love the other resorts.. but we specifically picked this room. Not all DVC rooms would be an upgrade, so I'm really curious to see where they move us.
I'm just happy to go I've never stayed on site and I'm trying to make this an amazing trip for my gf.

I'm just happy to go I've never stayed on site and I'm trying to make this an amazing trip for my gf.

That's exciting! Staying on site is the best :) Generally speaking, if you get bumped you'll be moved to a room of equal or greater value. A lot of the rumors are saying they'll move guests to one of the DVC resorts that will be open. I hope you have a wonderful trip! (But go back and stay in in the tower again sometime - it's one of our favorites on property - we prefer it to many of the Deluxe resorts!)

That's exciting! Staying on site is the best :) Generally speaking, if you get bumped you'll be moved to a room of equal or greater value. A lot of the rumors are saying they'll move guests to one of the DVC resorts that will be open. I hope you have a wonderful trip! (But go back and stay in in the tower again sometime - it's one of our favorites on property - we prefer it to many of the Deluxe resorts!)
I plan on staying there next year and asking that big question lol.

Any idea on where I might be moved was supposed to be in the tower
Based on what they usually do when someone needs to be moved they will put you somewhere equivalent or nicer. For the tower I think that means a Deluxe resort, as none of the other Moderates really compare. For a suite I would assume that means one of the DVC rooms that Disney owns - while it's true that they can't take DVC rooms from the owners, Disney themselves owns far more points than they would need to cover all of the tower suites. Given that CSR is a bus only resort I would expect suite guests to be moved to another bus only resort.

Based on what they usually do when someone needs to be moved they will put you somewhere equivalent or nicer. For the tower I think that means a Deluxe resort, as none of the other Moderates really compare. For a suite I would assume that means one of the DVC rooms that Disney owns - while it's true that they can't take DVC rooms from the owners, Disney themselves owns far more points than they would need to cover all of the tower suites. Given that CSR is a bus only resort I would expect suite guests to be moved to another bus only resort.

Thank You

Thanks for the update...though I'm not sure even the agents know as I have not heard one word from Disney either via email or text telling me what's happening with our reservation for 7/07 - 7/18. All I see is that they've deleted all our FP+'s and ADR's for ALL the days on our reservations (even those with dates for when the parks are supposed to be open), but nothing regarding whether we should even plan on arriving then or wait until the 11th, or what. Haven't even received an offer to change our reservation so kind of getting the feeling Disney doesn't care about the lower rung of us. And yes, I'll grant them leeway the first couple of days trying to figure out what to do with everyone's reservations or not having their system up and running...but a week? No, Disney is really dropping the ball on this one fast, and going to be losing a lot of long time guests as the lack of information is really disturbing.

Disney is deleting everyone’s ADRs & fastpasses for all future stays. We have stays in July (13-18) & September. All our fastpasses & September adrs are gone. There are 2 ADRs still showing for July, but they are for before Epcot is even going to be open, so I know they will disappear too. We have club level booked at YC. I have no idea if YC will be open; what club level services will be or what any of our options will be if our resort or CL aren’t available. There are unknowns all around. You’re not alone in not hearing anything yet.

Thanks, BlueJasmine! This is helpful. I also noticed that things are happening on MDE before I get email. For instance, all 8 of my ADRs are gone, and I got a notification about ONE. :oops: I'll keep my eyes peeled there and see if my resort info changes too.

Thanks, BlueJasmine! This is helpful. I also noticed that things are happening on MDE before I get email. For instance, all 8 of my ADRs are gone, and I got a notification about ONE. :oops: I'll keep my eyes peeled there and see if my resort info changes too.
Me too! I had 10 dining reservations and 1 email lol also I saw my balance update when they took off the dining plan I paid for but no email which is ok bc im checking MDE like a crazy person lol

Anyone experience this? I had a new price for my trip with the DDP gone. Now in MDE there is NO balance listed for this trip!!!! Where did it go? Maybe I owe nothing? LOL Maybe they are adjusting the PH tix righta s I type??? This is curious!

Anyone experience this? I had a new price for my trip with the DDP gone. Now in MDE there is NO balance listed for this trip!!!! Where did it go? Maybe I owe nothing? LOL Maybe they are adjusting the PH tix righta s I type??? This is curious!
Im hearing others report this as well, I would just keep an eye on it..

Interesting. I am still showing the balance that it showed a few days ago. I will keep an eye on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter