Disney Riviera Resort

I'm with you on that.

Over $>100 for a value and you have to start considering staying outside the bubble, right?

If they are already pricing in the $160 range for "mid level" seasons like fall with no gondola, where is 2019 gonna land?

I think the renovation looks great (minus the bright white/hospital feel). Really the addition of queen beds was the best part. But no way does it elevate it to Hilton pricing.

Back to CBR Villas DRR , do we know how much room there will be around the tower? Is there space to put in the theming and resort amenities we all think it will need to command a premium? Or is there just room for the tower and an outside pool?

Those hotels are already horribly overpriced and it's gonna get worse. Especially AOA...wow do they screw people there...

I was wondering about room...some of our fellow motivated posters have done overlays...and i've checked the aerials of demo...

But I have to say: it's not a ton of space...caribbean is huge...but they took the buildings out on the near turn (that has to be for traffic and proximity to Epcot) and it's "interesting" how you're gonna fit it. Especially with new lake work. I also noticed that the customs house is usually left on those layouts...that's GONE...which means they have to attach it to OPR - or centertown - which means a lot of the renovations there are for that...not enhancing services.

Interesting...you can easily fit a 300 room tower...question is how close do you want to go to caribbean? How much landscaping/dividers do they do? What if they need to cut through the available space with easement for the gondola's? How much road work is involved? Do they need a new Caribbean entrance (my suspicion) off Victory way as well?

???

Last edited:
.I would never have a desire to book that over beach and boardwalk.

Agreed. Other than a split stay with BLT. But there are NO other resorts I would prefer than those so that's a pretty high bar.

My guess is many folks will put DRR higher on the priority spot than we may realize. Esp after Star Wars Land.

It's already higher than SSR, AKV and OKW for me-with only what I have seen/heard.

It's already higher than SSR, AKV and OKW for me-with only what I have seen/heard.
Same here. With my caveat again that the gondolas would have to prove AWESOME and VERY EFFICIENT. And I'd love an Epcot walkway. If those boxes are checked, then we'd definitely book for a shorter F&W or rD trip to try it out. We'd book BW or BC BEFORE we'd book DRR, but they haven't been available 7mos out for these types of trips.

Same here. With my caveat again that the gondolas would have to prove AWESOME and VERY EFFICIENT. And I'd love an Epcot walkway. If those boxes are checked, then we'd definitely book for a shorter F&W or rD trip to try it out. We'd book BW or BC BEFORE we'd book DRR, but they haven't been available 7mos out for these types of trips.

Walkway isn't happening...for a million reasons we pointed out months ago that were ignored...

The gondolas made possible what wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Walkway isn't happening...for a million reasons we pointed out months ago that were ignored...
I wasn't paying attention to this at all months ago -- only since D23. But I can live without know why DIS consensus is that it isn't happening. ;)

Agreed. Other than a split stay with BLT. But there are NO other resorts I would prefer than those so that's a pretty high bar.

My guess is many folks will put DRR higher on the priority spot than we may realize. Esp after Star Wars Land.

Really does depend on what they do. My guess is this won't be built as a "destination" type hotel...at least not to the Eisner type era standards.

I wasn't paying attention to this at all months ago -- only since D23. But I can live without know why DIS consensus is that it isn't happening. ;)

Sorry...this was discussed at length.

There were "insider" rumors that a Channel was going to be dredged or paths connected to Epcot (which was silly then and now) cheaply...

That didn't make sense...but the gondolas make sense in an off the map kinda way.

Those hotels are already horribly overpriced and it's gonna get worse. Especially AOA...wow do they screw people there...

I was wondering about room...some of our fellow motivated posters have done overlays...and over checked the aerials of demo...

But I have to say: it's not a ton of space...caribbean is huge...but they took the buildings out on the near turn (that has to be for traffic and proximity to Epcot) and it's "interesting" how you're gonna fit it. Especially with new lake work. I also noticed that the customs house is usually left on those layouts...that's GONE...which means they have to attach it to OPR - or centertown - which means a lot of the renovations there are for that...not enhancing services.

Interesting...you can easily fit a 300 room tower...question is how close do you want to go to caribbean? How much landscaping/dividers do they do? What if they need to cut through the available space with easement for the gondola's? How much road work is involved? Do they need a new Caribbean entrance (my suspicion) off Victory way as well?

???

No kidding about AoA, getting mod prices for the little mermaid value rooms is crazy. "What! It has a shower curtain of aerial! Only $200/night!?" Which in itself is interesting, since it appears that people are willing to shell out for theme (see what I did there?), yet Disney is actively "de theming" all the rooms.....

The resort room space is what is so interesting about this project, to me at least.

On one half of the lagoon, you have the mod, and the other half you have this DVC. But they aren't the same. It looks like they roughly halved the size of CBR to make room. Is half the size of CBR enough room to make a brand new highly themed resort? I really have no idea, just asking. That's why I can't shake the BLT image. But again, it has a resort/theme to borrow from. This one doesn't. So they cant go BLT. Or can they?

No kidding about AoA, getting mod prices for the little mermaid value rooms is crazy. "What! It has a shower curtain of aerial! Only $200/night!?" Which in itself is interesting, since it appears that people are willing to shell out for theme (see what I did there?), yet Disney is actively "de theming" all the rooms.....

The resort room space is what is so interesting about this project, to me at least.

On one half of the lagoon, you have the mod, and the other half you have this DVC. But they aren't the same. It looks like they roughly halved the size of CBR to make room. Is half the size of CBR enough room to make a brand new highly themed resort? I really have no idea, just asking. That's why I can't shake the BLT image. But again, it has a resort/theme to borrow from. This one doesn't. So they cant go BLT. Or can they?

Caribbean is the largest wdw hotel property in history...assuming you don't "Combine" other separately built units into one.

It's big...but most of it falls on the other side of the dividing line here.

The only dumb fact is that the whole of Disneyland fits into the lagoon at Caribbean. It's big...I could walk it blindfolded still.

For fun, I tried to look at the space that they cleared for CBR Villas DRR, and compare it to other DVC's. Beach club, not including YC, but including Stormalong and parking, would be about double the size of the space provided here. So it would have to be half the size of beach club and stormalong. WL would be a tight fit, but it would work. If they did something like that, and the only thing it shared with CBR was the view of the lagoon, they could pull it off.

upload_2017-7-24_16-30-32.png

It's hard to believe that we stayed at the Polynesian Resort multiple times twenty years ago when DS was just a baby. Talk about overpriced. Where does it fit in the world of DVC?

CBR is huge which is one of the features I dislike. They took some rooms away of course but I suppose that they could add some back if needed.

It's hard to believe that we stayed at the Polynesian Resort multiple times twenty years ago when DS was just a baby. Talk about overpriced. Where does it fit in the world of DVC?

CBR is huge which is one of the features I dislike. They took some rooms away of course but I suppose that they could add some back if needed.

No...I don't see that happening...they likely wanted to condense the rack at Caribbean...that's an advantage to any dvc development where they eliminate rooms.

For fun, I tried to look at the space that they cleared for CBR Villas DRR, and compare it to other DVC's. Beach club, not including YC, but including Stormalong and parking, would be about double the size of the space provided here. So it would have to be half the size of beach club and stormalong. WL would be a tight fit, but it would work. If they did something like that, and the only thing it shared with CBR was the view of the lagoon, they could pull it off.

View attachment 255738
But with DRR being a high rise (rather than spread out rooms) it wouldn't need as much space as anything besides BLT, no?

When I was in the car heading down to Disney, I called for a room. Mostly because my husband decided booking a room before we left was for newbs. So, we're on the phone and Disney is checking prices and they came back with a passholder rate of $215 for Coronado. I had a fit. How can Coronado be $215, but Copper Creek was $280?

Had that happen in February...mods were running around $185 a night and with a discount, WL was $215 a night. It was a no brainier. Plus my mom had always wanted to stay there.

It'll be interesting what the price the DRR villas at in the full resort pool. BRV at WL (old VWL) run around $285-320 for a studio, usually with discount. SSR and OKW sit around $275 or less with discount. BCV and BWV sit around $320-350 a lot with discount. It'll be interesting to see what happens...

CBR is huge which is one of the features I dislike.

Agreed. Also dislike that about SSR and OKW.

View attachment 255738

Bigger than I thought thanks.

I see BLT is about 500 feet in diameter (round) including the pool area.

This area looks like about 1,200 feet, (maybe even 1,500) more than twice as big. But that still needs parking etc.

View attachment 255738

Actually in your picture, that "blue" roof and main pool area of the WL itself is bigger than BLT and pool area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter