Disney Stuff Outside the Parks Swap - CLOSED & COMPLETE

DisneyIsTerrific

DIS Veteran
The groups are set up in 2 different ways. The first set of groups is set up like most swaps where you just do whatever 2 elements you want. The 2nd set of groups is set up to where you pick 1 element and post what element you will be making so that everyone is creating a different element.

If you are new to swapping with us, you are welcome to join this swap, but you will be limited to 2 groups.

Due Date: January 22, 2010. This is when I need to receive your package. The mail by date is January 15 to make sure the package arrives to me on time.

Required check-ins will be:
November 6
December 4
December 18
January 1
January 15 (mail by date)

Angels: I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

The requirements of this swap are:

Group A through E: Make TWO Elements, embellished at least once. You may embellish more if you like. Choose your elements from the list below (you may mix and match elements (example: 1 photomat and 1 box = 1 element). You do not need to let me know what elements you are making.

Group F through R: Choose and make ONE Element, embellished at least once. You may embellish more if you like. Choose your element from the list below. Choose an element someone else has not already chosen. YOU NEED TO LET ME KNOW YOUR ELEMENT WHEN YOU SIGN-UP.

~~~~Element List ~~~~~
Title/Topper: 1PP letters – 1-1/2 inches minimum, standard 8x2 topper, borders, block or tag, letters on squares or other shapes –these should be double matted or shadowed
Photo Frames: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo & the Sizzix dies are ok (you need to crop a bit from the photo to use these.) Two layers on the frame would make the photo seem double matted.
Photo Mats: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo without cropping. Again, two layers as the photo sits on top of these. Please be sure that your embellishment does not infringe upon the placement of the photo.
Journal Box: 2PP at least a 3x3 writing area, triple matted (the writing area is the 3rd layer) and embellished
Tag: 1 PP large tag 4.5-5 inches, 2 pp if smaller, double matted and embellished another way in addition to either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole. May include both....
Border: 1PP 12 inches long double matted and embellished
Embellished squares: 4PP largest mat should be no larger than 2" minimum 2 layers and embellished
Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please
Matchbooks: 1 PP if medium size or lager, 2 pp if mini sized, embellished. Please make sure to enclose a blank page in the matchbook.
Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold a 2x3 tag embellished 2 ways that should also have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
Shaker Box: 1PP be creative please
Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please (not a single layer diecuts)
License Plate: 1PP be creative please
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished, print area should be no smaller than 2-1/2 x 2-1/2, can be larger
Altered CD: 1PP be creative please
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches
Altered Paper Clips: 3 large size ones
ATC: 1PP be creative please

Please, no hand lettering on any items. You may use computer fonts, rub-ons, stamps, die cut letters, etc.

Embellished means adding something extra beyond the requirements. You can add an extra layer of paper, metal embellishments, ink, paper tearing, dry or heat embossing, flock, flowers, skittles, ribbon or fibers, matted flat stickers or dimensional stickers, or use stamps. This is not an all inclusive list. I am sure there are other ways of embellishing and I’d love to hear your idea. All elements should be double-matted and embellished some other way unless otherwise noted!! If you don’t know if yours is, ask me.

Packaging: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag THAT FITS YOUR ELEMENTS (the bag MUST close) with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper. (That makes it harder for me to sort!) Your label should look like this

DisneyIsTerrific
Stephanie Sadler
Group A

Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size (or larger) bag, and label with the same. Please use the gallon bag (or larger) -- your items may fit in a smaller bag, but the items you receive back might not.
Please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope. (This cuts down on errors.)

Mailing: You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after January 8 [note this is before the mail by date]. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation. I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Medium/Standard box – $10.35, Large - $13.95. I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me AFTER January 8. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70. And I am not responsible to for postal errors. Also, please include a label (can be the priority label completed with your info or a small address label) for me to use to return your items to you.

DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

DISNEY STUFF OUTSIDE THE PARKS SWAP

For these groups (Group A-E), you will do whatever 2 elements you wish from the list above. You do not need to let me know which elements you are making.

A– Around the Resort (this is not to be resort specific, just general resort fun) MAKE 6
1. Food! - AlexWyattMommy
2. Checkin’ out the resort - Tigger1221
3. Our room - DuchessTisha
4. Just relaxing - Hopemax
5. Pool Fun - 123SA
6. Chillin’ in the Hammock - DisneyBarlans

B – DTD Photo Ops #1 MAKE 6
1. Buzz Lightyear – Once Upon a Toy - MichiBelle
2. Mr. Potato Head – Once Upon a Toy - NemoMom
3. Tigger, Pooh & Piglet – Pooh Corner - Tigger1221
4. Splash Fountains - 123SA
5. Lego Water Dragon - PirateTink
6. Lego Shark - DisneyIsTerrific

C – DTD Photo Ops #2 MAKE 6
1. Lego Transformer NemoMom
2. Lego T-Rex - DuchessTisha
3. Princesses – World of Disney Store - MichiBelle
4. Spitting Stitch – World of Disney Store - Tigger1221
5. Pirates Wheel – World of Disney Store - PirateTink
6. Pirates in Jail - World of Disney Store - Hopemax

D– Misc DTD MAKE 5
1. T-Rex Cafe - Tigger1221
2. Rainforest Cafe - Hopemax
3. Goofy's Candy Company - rlovew
4. Shopping - PirateTink
5. General DTD - MichiBelle

E. DTD @ WDW & DL MAKE 3
1. General Candy Store - Tigger1221
2. Rainforest Cafe - MichiBelle
3. General Shopping - Hopemax

For the following groups (Group F - R), you will pick 1 element from the list above and when you sign-up you will post what element you will be making so that everyone does a different element.

F - WinterSummerland Miniature Golf MAKE 7
1. DisneyIsTerrific - Photomats
2. piratetink - Tags
3. Morgansmom2000 - Title
4. rlovew - Shakerbox
5. Hopemax - TBD
6. WDWFan16 - Embellished Squares

7. DuchessTisha - Border

G - Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf MAKE 3
1. DisneyIsTerrific - Topper
2. piratetink - Tags
3. Hopemax - PaperPiecing

M - Blizzard Beach MAKE 4
1. Hopemax - Matted Quote
2. DuchessTisha - Journal Boxes
3. AlexWyattMommy - Photomats
4. DisneyIsTerrific - Topper

N - Typhoon Lagoon MAKE 3
1. Hopemax - Matted Quote
2. DuchessTisha - Journal Boxes
3. AlexWyattMommy - Photomats

O - Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue MAKE 3
1. DisneyIsTerrific - Topper
2. hopemax -TBD
3. Tigger1221 - PaperPiecing

P - Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show MAKE 4
1.rlovew - TBA
2. Duchesstisha - Photomats
3. DisneyBarlans - Tags
4. My2ms0205 - Paper Piecing

Q -Mickey’s Backyard BBQ MAKE 3
1. DisneyIsTerrific - TBD
2. NemoMom - PaperPiecing
3. DisneyBarlans - Photomats

Here's a slideshow of the items for this swap. Click on the picture to go to the slideshow.

Please take note of how many you are to make for each group. Here's how many for each:
Make 7 - Group F
Make 6 - Group A, B, C
Make 5 - Group D
Make 4 - Group M, P
Make 3 - Group E, G, N, O, Q

Required check-ins are:
October 9 - Verify Groups on progress thread
* I have your info
November 6
December 4
December 18
January 1
January 15 (mail by date)

:woohoo: Mailed
:cloud9: Received by Me
popcorn:: Mailed back to you
:dance3: Received by You

Players:
*:dance3:123SA - A, B
*:dance3:AlexWyattMommy - A, M, N
*:dance3:DisneyBarlans - A, P, Q
*:dance3:DisneyIsTerrific - B, F, G, M, O, Q
*:dance3:DuchessTisha - A, C, F, M, N, P
*:dance3:Hopemax - A, C, D, E, F, G, M, N, O
*:dance3:MichiBelle - B, C, D, E
*:dance3:MorgansMom - F
*:dance3:My2ms0205 - P
*:dance3:NemoMom - B, C, Q
*:dance3:PirateTink - B, C, D, F, G
*:dance3:rlovew - D, F, P
*:dance3:Tigger1221 - A, B, C, D, E, O
*:dance3:wdwfan16 - F

ANGEL: 123SA

I'm thinking the first group would work for you Rita. I think the others will be really specific. Does DisneyLand have a Quest or the La Nouba?

I'd be in for some of the groups. :thumbsup2

Rita, I don't know Disneyland at all. Are there any of these groups that I can make more generic to use for both? Or, are there any DL specific groups I could add?

I like these groups too.

I guess I know hwat I will be doing during Thanksgiving and Chirstmas breaks.

AWM~ nope, no Quest or La Nouba!

DIT~ thats really nice of you but no worries! I knew that this was going to happen eventually because there is a "world" of difference. 27 acres compared to entire city is a big difference in what one man can do!:goodvibes
I'll play when it works and hang out when I cant!:thumbsup2

You could probably modify the Downtown Disney group to work for both coasts. WoD, LEGO and RC are at both. If you dropped the other 2 choices and put in a general Downtown Disney and general shopping. Then it would work. There is a candy store at DL, but it isn't Goofy's, but a general candy store would work too.

I'd be in for the Photo Opps groups & DTD. We went to T-Rex the last visit & I took lots of pictures in there. If you haven't been there, they have dinos all around that roar & move periodically. great place with great food!

Not sure if I'd do the mini-golf ones - maybe. we might try Fantasia Gardens, but usually we go mini-golfing somewhere else on our way back to the autotrain.

Looks like fun - thanks!

You could probably modify the Downtown Disney group to work for both coasts. WoD, LEGO and RC are at both. If you dropped the other 2 choices and put in a general Downtown Disney and general shopping. Then it would work. There is a candy store at DL, but it isn't Goofy's, but a general candy store would work too.

Thanks Hope. That's very helpful. I'll come back later and see about working in a group that'll work for both WDW and DL DTD's.

If anyone else has any ideas for things to add for "outside the parks" for DL, please let me know.

I've added a DTD group that should work for both WDW and DL. The other DTD I had that had WOD and the Lego Store has been updated with some different categories since I moved those to the WDW/DL DTD group. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Hey there DIT! I'm really liking 3 groups that you have. I told myself that I would be laying off the boards for a while, but these are things I'd like to have. I really like that the due date is in January. I might play. Let me see what projects I've got going to make for gifts for Christmas.

I have my work schedule for this week and since I've got to work on Friday, I'm going to move sign-ups for this swap to Saturday, October 3. I will open it up around 8 a.m. and they will stay open through Wednesday, October 7.

I'll get the requirements and other stuff posted on the first thread sometime today.

Thanks!!!:goodvibes

Just a reminder that sign-ups for this swap will begin tomorrow (Oct 3) morning around 8 a.m. Sign-ups will start when I change the title of this thread to "SIGN-UPS OPEN." I hope you will enjoy this swap!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter