• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Summer Discount

Does anyone know when this promo expires... like, when would I need to book by? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the fine print on my emails from Disney/Chase.

Does anyone know when this promo expires... like, when would I need to book by? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the fine print on my emails from Disney/Chase.
I got an email today from Chase and there was no end date mentioned, just that the special advance booking window for Visa card holders was ending soon. Implying the offer was about to be released to the general public. I didn’t see any expiration date in the fine print, either.

Glad I saw this. Got the exact room type and same resort for about $300 less. Not huge but will pay for a good portion of my ticket (which I did not buy as I prefer a 6 day cancellation to 30 day).

The Dining card was not going to work for me since I would have had to change room types and downgrade resorts just to save a few hundred dollars and by myself would not have been able to eat enough food to total the gift card. Thought I was stuck with Rack Rate.

Now I get to go cancel my original reservation and then call WDW to add some info to my new reservation. That’s a pain but the savings is worth it.

There is no date for this offer to expire. I spoke with disney yesterday and the CM said it is TBD (to be determined).

Agree book before it goes to the public. Rooms were already limited at the better price points.

There were standard rooms or 1K per night rooms though.

I just heard from my TA. She said it seems like this offer will go out to the public on Tuesday, so book now for best availability.

Agree book before it goes to the public. Rooms were already limited at the better price points.

There were standard rooms or 1K per night rooms though.

As with all discount offers, the number of rooms with the Visa discount has limited availability. When these discounts change to public offers, there is usually new & different availability. So you may want to check after public release if you don‘t find what you want now.

As with all discount offers, the number of rooms with the Visa discount has limited availability. When these discounts change to public offers, there is usually new & different availability. So you may want to check after public release if you don‘t find what you want now.
If it's released to the public, what time would it usually be?

The AP one is better than the disney visa. the disney visa excluded some dates in August that the AP discount includes

The AP one is better than the disney visa. the disney visa excluded some dates in August that the AP discount includes
I wouldn't call that "better" when percentage wise it's the same--thus "different dates". It may sound like silly semantics but imo that distinction matters in a world where AP offers usually are a greater percentage discount than other offers. For APs whose dates weren't included in the Visa offer it's fantastic, but "better" could lead people who are already booked under the Visa discount to believe they'll save more if they have an AP when that isn't the case.

True but I have usually not had any luck with that. I usually am at Values or Mods but at Deluxe DVC this time. (Paying cash obviously)

I think because usually I’m looking for a fairly generic room type at low to mid price point and so is the rest of the world. So either none available by the time it was public or very limited availability.

This trip I was looking at very specific room features, and that can drive up room rates. Maybe that’s why I had more luck finding the same room in the discount. I feel like more expensive rooms can sometimes have more availability than the value rooms.

It’s been a little while since I stayed at a WDW hotel. We’re thinking of using this discount to book a deluxe… room only. Can you tell me the cancellation policy? Is it cancel before 30 days of trip to avoid fee?

It’s been a little while since I stayed at a WDW hotel. We’re thinking of using this discount to book a deluxe… room only. Can you tell me the cancellation policy? Is it cancel before 30 days of trip to avoid fee?
I just checked my room only confirmation. It said:
Cancellation Policy
In order to receive a refund of your deposit, including payment card deposit transactions, notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date.

I just checked my room only confirmation. It said:
Cancellation Policy
In order to receive a refund of your deposit, including payment card deposit transactions, notification of cancellation must be received at least 5 days prior to your arrival date.
Perfect thank you! Early stages of planning and getting all ducks in a row.

I’m staying in a studio at WL room only. My cancelation period is 5 days prior.

Honestly it’s why I almost never do the packages. I just can’t with the 30 days rule.

I’m staying in a studio at WL room only. My cancelation period is 5 days prior.

Honestly it’s why I almost never do the packages. I just can’t with the 30 days rule.
Thank you! Oooo I love WL!! We’re thinking of only doing Epcot and HS this time… split stay with Universal. Thinking of a walkable hotel to those two parks… and reasonably priced for 5 adults. Enjoy your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter