Disney Withdrawal..Who else experiences this?

Like JaniceV, we hoarded the toiletries. I'm on my last soap! :( I did purchase the sea salt bath set, though, and I have a little bit of those three items left. I will be checking to see if I can order more online once those are gone.

Like JaniceV, we hoarded the toiletries. I'm on my last soap! :( I did purchase the sea salt bath set, though, and I have a little bit of those three items left. I will be checking to see if I can order more online once those are gone.
I think we are going to order some shampoo and soap. My middle child has hidden his stash They have sets of the shampoos and soap at the online Disney store.

Oh yeah, the classic PDD. Post Disney Depression. The emotions are too real.. I usually have little sobs a week when after i arrive back home lol. I try and get by, by planning for the next trip and listening to ALOT of WDW park audio on Youtube :-)

I just remembered. I also use the Disney coffees from Joffrey's to help lessen the blues. Victoria and Albert's variety is really good!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/6-tips-to-battle-the-post-disney-blues/

Article about the post-Disney blues. I hope that link works. We have not been to WDW since 2009 and I have the Disney blues bad, I wanna go back! :yay: I watch videos on YouTube - the music, sights and sounds of the parks take me right there. DH and I play our "Magic Kingdom" board game, too, we got it in 2005. You get 5 cards, the attractions you have so see, and roll the dice to walk on your squares through the park to see your rides whoever sees all their rides first wins. It is a very cute game.

Oh, my fairies am I suffering from Disney Withdrawal!! You spend so much time and energy planning, looking forward to and hoping-then a week (if you're lucky!) living it, then it's...all...over...I just want to go back!! Please take me back!!!! What do you all do to make it better??
They don't call it the "Tragical" Express for nothing!

Yes, Disney Withdrawal is a real thing for me, too. Last year was our first trip, so I didn't realize this could happen. Such joy while we were there. So much sadness when we left. Completely in withdrawal ever since. I used to think some of my friends who go all the time were crazy. I get it now.

So since we returned home in Jan, I've been watching you tube videos, eagerly opening any mailer from Disney, looking at our photos, re-reading our guide books, and bugging my family until we finally booked our room for our next trip. Now the planning is on again! I've been wanting to buy a Disney cd so I can play Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow over and over and over. I think it's time to treat myself to that. That way, I'll already have it in place for the Disney Withdrawals after our next trip.

YESSSS!! I've been eyeing the Walt Disney World Official Album on iTunes. I saw it in one of the shops on my last trip but I don't listen to actual CDs anymore. I was super happy to see it on iTunes. I run and walk a lot and I think that would be great to listen to...it'll be like I'm walking/running through the parks. :mickeyjum

I've also been listening to a bunch of Disney podcasts, and watching YouTube videos. We don't have another trip planned yet, but I can't wait to go back!

I've been suffering Disney withdrawal from 2000-2015 So you'd think I'd be like ok for one more year between trips, but the winter was brutal! What I do is start planning again as soon as I get home, and keep looking at my souvenirs and being like....YOU CAME FROM ANAHEIM!!!!!!!!!!! -poke poke-

Maybe writing a trip report will help. Reading other's trip reports and how they spent their time during trips is always nice so writing one would help you relive your trip and someone else as well.

Oh, my fairies am I suffering from Disney Withdrawal!! You spend so much time and energy planning, looking forward to and hoping-then a week (if you're lucky!) living it, then it's...all...over...I just want to go back!! Please take me back!!!! What do you all do to make it better??

I have not been since 2011 - longest i have gone without being in a Disney park in a long while. This year I had to go back

In those years i lost loved ones, got married, traveled to about 5 different countries

lived life but its time - i told my wife - its been too long and we HAVE to go. I am going through withdrawal.

We actually are thinking DVC as we are now planning on going at least every other year and after we start a family - every year

We just returned two weeks ago and I am in a deep Disney depression. I usually delve right into planning our next trip, but we probably will not return to the World until June, 2019. I seriously don't know if I'm going to make it until then. The good news is I do have a Disney cruise planned for next October. In the meantime, I'll spend time on the DIS and read other people's trip reports.

I agree that the fix is planning the next trip. We went from every 2 years, to now having 4 trips in 14 months since going DVC. My wait is over in 26 days After an Easter trip. And when I get back, time to plan the next one!

I started experiencing withdrawal on my way home from Disney, 19 months later I still haven't recovered.

I don't think you have to live far away to experience Disney withdrawal...We live 5 miles from the parks and last year we changed our regular AP's to seasonal...then we had to go all summer and school vacations just pining to go...this year we switched back to the AP without blockout dates...ahhh...heaven again!!

I hate packing up the car on our last day at Disney. Within a week, I'm asking. If we can plan our next trip. That used to be fine when we lived in Fl and SC, but now that we are in PA, it's so much harder.
I still try to go at least twice a year and it's not enough!

I'm suffering from Disney Withdrawal in a big way! I spent a week there in 2014 and 2015 with my friend and we decided to take a year or two off... I'm really hoping it's only a year and we return in 2017. She ended up going with her husband, brother-in-law and niece recently and I've had to follow the pictures. I'm glad she had the opportunity to go and I can rest safe in the knowledge she wouldn't eat at Cinderella's Royal Table without me. This is a dream of ours together so she's waiting for me...

But this just intensified my desire to go back! I've been stalking the menu's, reading reviews, basically following any tidbit of information I can find on Disney! It really sounds like 2017 will be another Disney year. We tend to go in the fall during her husband's busy season at work so my trip is more than a year away unless something changes... I do love anything Disney!

I always start planing my next trip before the 1st is over. It passes time and gives me something to look forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter