Disney Withdrawal..Who else experiences this?

Kinect_Disneyland_Adventures_cover.png

I know this is DL and not WDW (I would love to see a WDW sequel though), but it really is a fun way to cope with the Disney blues. Most of the popular Disney rides such as BTMRR, Space Mountain, PotC, and Splash Mountain are mini games which are neat and somewhat challenging if you are the perfectionist wanting the platinum medal. This game does require Kinect, but it's crazy how you can walk around park and the attention to detail (it even has hidden Mickeys!).

I always feel the same way after our Disney Land trips! There's a down period for sure.

I live 20 mins away and I often get frustrated with Disney in general but within a few days of being away I want to go back. Going through withdraw right now think I'll just have to go tomorrow.:hmghost:

Plan Plan Plan. Only way to fight it off. I drive my wife nuts with the planning. We went last year with my family. Kind of spur of the moment went this February. And now we wait until February of '18 with her family. It will be a long year and a half. Ugh

I completely agree! My husband, me, and our two adult children have the same problem every time. We look at our pictures often, discuss our next trip and start planning it! We shop the Disney Store. Getting a box from them always helps. Sometimes at a restaurant I will smell something that reminds me of it, and in my gut I miss it so much! Look up Disney stuff online. Get new ideas for the next trip. Count down the days! Bring Disney shampoo and soaps home to use. Go to the Disney Store if one is near you. Make copycat Disney recipes! Waiting is so hard! Trip number ten seems so far away, but it's only 107 days :)

Literally like all the time! I am constantly planning my next trip, I even am taking notes while on a current disney trip. Always on the lookout for new experiences and entertainment for my family. We are always at the disney store and watch the movies over and over. Even jam out to some music in the car on the way to school!

I am very fortunate to be able to go to Disney each year.....it is still a long time time between trips! I spend a lot of time looking at pictures from our past trips and a lot of time on these boards....:rainbow:

I am very fortunate to be able to go to Disney each year.....it is still a long time time between trips! I spend a lot of time looking at pictures from our past trips and a lot of time on these boards....

I remember as a kid my 1st experience with post Disney depression, I can still remember being so sad as we drove along world drive and I gazed at the mickey water tower at Hollywood studios (Mgm at the time) until it went out of sight. Back then there was no Internet to help alleviate the sadness lol.

But now I will watch periscope which is a great help, there are some amazing Disney scopers. I'll also watch Disney documentaries on YouTube and of course read there forums here.

Luckily I only have 4 more months until our next trip!

Hi there! New here :) Hoping to get my post count up to 10 so I can work on some reservation trading :)

I have Disney withdrawal on our last day in the parks. We've been lucky enough to be able to go every year for the last few years but it's still not enough. Trying to talk my husband into annual passes!

Definitely experience Disney Withdrawal. Went to WDW this past February and we started planning a Feb 2017 trip on the drive home.

This will be the first time we've went back to back years. Hoping that is a trend going forward.

Scanning the boards and listening/watching podcasts and videos from the DIS team helps cope with the withdrawal.

Oh, my fairies am I suffering from Disney Withdrawal!! You spend so much time and energy planning, looking forward to and hoping-then a week (if you're lucky!) living it, then it's...all...over...I just want to go back!! Please take me back!!!! What do you all do to make it better??

I don't know how to make it better, all I do is make it worse. I listen to Disney podcasts, my computer desktop is a slide show of WDW pics, and I am constantly planning fake trips. Just a glutton for punishment I guess, but a life with Disney withdrawal is a much better one than one with no disney.

I listen to Dpark Radio or Sorcerer Radio all the time. It helps with the depression of not being at WDW since it is the ride music, background music, ride soundtracks, etc. I got my first AP this year and I am trying to go every few months. When I leave, all I want to do is turn around and go back. I am hoping to move to Orlando in the next year so we'll see how that goes.

Ours is so bad. After our 2014 trip we said no more for 5 more years. Then we were there 9 months later. After that we swore we wouldnt come back until whenever DHS was completed...and we will be there in 2 months. The post Disney depression is real and the only cure is MORE DISNEY!

It's been a few weeks, and I'm still suffering from withdrawals! :( Keeping up with the posts here and my Disney Instagram account really helps!

We suffer from major withdrawal and sadness the minute we board the DME to the airport. Our 5 y/o started crying that he didn't want to leave last year

We usually plan and plan for the next trip along with reading others trip reports here on DIS

As we get closer to next trip we will watch the Disney specials on destination America channel that we dvr'd as well as the latest must do Disney on you tube

58 days to go helps as well

My husband and I both had a pretty bad case of post Disney depression after our trip this summer. We have started planning out next trip and it is helping a little. Other than that, we have Disney themed dinners and look at our vacation pics a lot. HA! Hurry up Mardi Gras 2018!!!!

I find that if you can relax your planning as far from the trip as possible that it really changes both how you enjoy the trip and what it's like when you get back. Basically do the planning withdrawl before you even get there (walking around the neighborhood is a good distraction and prep for how much walking you'll be doing when at WDW). Then your just in the moment enjoying the fruits of your hard work and head home satisfied...

Or you can just go back :) And when it gets bad, you'll be moving here.

So, back from my first trip to WDW which was planned out of the blue a month before we went. Now suffering from major withdrawals, don't know when I will be going again in the foreseeable future, but already bought a Zootopia magicband (just in case) for the next trip (hopefully before the battery runs out). Also got addicted to pin trading and collecting while at WDW, in which I spent all my souvenir and lunch money on pins. Wishing they built a Disney park in Texas now so I could be near something Disney, the Disney Store I went to the other day in Dallas didn't cut it for me.

We are going the week before Christmas. By the time our trip is over and then Christmas is over I will probably need some therapy bc I will set into major depression.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter