Disney World needs to reopen and STAY OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we go to Disney, we will be clubbed to death in the dark? :P Or is that if we don't go to Disney?

Unfortunately, the best case scenario for the shutdown was for everyone to feel like it was a wasted effort. That meant it worked. And it did work in the many states that were hit early and have been slow to re-open. It worked in many countries - not just islands - but as everyone re-opens, we are seeing increased cases. The cause-and-effect is pretty clear cut. Huge number of cases + shutdowns = flattening the curve. Unfortunately, areas with less cases didn't see the curve flatten because there wasn't much of one to begin with. But holy cow, the curve is HUGE now in some places. Actually, governments can slow and possibly stop pandemics. If they choose.

The BEST thing that Disney and Universal have going is that they are requiring masks and will likely stand behind those requirements. That's not happening in the general public.

This is exactly right. When you do it right, mitigation measures, it feels like a big waste of time. I know the Governor of Florida is repeatedly pointing to the average age of COVID-19 cases as a way to keep the pedal to the metal. Well, with the level of community spread now, and the July 4th holiday, these numbers won't just stay high. They're going higher. And when do schools go back....4-5 weeks for Floridians? Then you've got all of these kids getting the virus and spreading it at home to parents, teachers and possibly older family members. Why not just shut it down now, get the pandemic under control and try to slowing re-open by the fall.

I can’t breathe in the Florida heat even without a mask.
Then. Don't. Go. To. Florida. In. The. Heat. Or a ushers that requires a mask.
If the old supervisors didn’t want to work, they needed to be fired and replaced with young supervisors.
Interesting advocacy of law-breaking.
??????I
It’s highly inaccurate.

I think the issue is OP's gender. Prior diatribes have indicated(or at least implied) OP is female

OP, congratulations! I'm so glad that someone besides me finally mentioned the National Security Law, since that and Article 38 and the fate of the people have been the main discussion amongst my circle this week. Someone I know said that unfortunately the US COVID situation was shadowing this news from Americans, and Chris Patten even said that the current COVID situation was used to implement the law with less attention being paid by the world. I mentioned it here and nobody even blinked.

So whatever I may think about the rest of what you wrote, or what you wrote in regards to NSL, you get a gold star from me for actually bringing it up here and hopefully for encouraging at least a few people to see what is happening as it is very alarming and will impact so many people.

This is why the border to the north and in some parts, the border to the south of you are closed. Also why you can’t travel to the EU. No one wants your out of control COVID germs.

Smart call by the rest of the world. We have utterly failed in this fight. We have no federal response. We still aren't testing enough. We still don't have enough PPE. Open your borders when we get our act together. In the meantime, please know that a good 65% of this nation is horrified at our response. We're sad and angry that this is where we are. See you in a year or so.

OP, congratulations! I'm so glad that someone besides me finally mentioned the National Security Law, since that and Article 38 and the fate of the people have been the main discussion amongst my circle this week. Someone I know said that unfortunately the US COVID situation was shadowing this news from Americans, and Chris Patten even said that the current COVID situation was used to implement the law with less attention being paid by the world. I mentioned it here and nobody even blinked.

So whatever I may think about the rest of what you wrote, or what you wrote in regards to NSL, you get a gold star from me for actually bringing it up here and hopefully for encouraging at least a few people to see what is happening as it is very alarming and will impact so many people.
It has been in the news several times. I'm not the only American who pays attention to international news, the mainstream networks have reported on the situation, as well as the major newspapers.

Then. Don't. Go. To. Florida. In. The. Heat. Or a ushers that requires a mask.

Interesting advocacy of law-breaking.

I think the issue is OP's gender. Prior diatribes have indicated(or at least implied) OP is female
What? Who are you answering here?

So if we go to Disney, we will be clubbed to death in the dark? :P Or is that if we don't go to Disney?

I think he segued into another topic with the Hong Kong protests. I'm getting a kick out of the triggered responses, though. Good job, OP. :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

Now that WDW is going to open in the face of spiking cases, they need to stick with it and not chicken out again like Disneyland is doing. It doesn’t matter how much covid spikes, it will eventually go away if Disney just holds on. If people don’t catch covid in Disney World, they’ll catch it somewhere else. Covid will continue to spread no matter what WDW does. Sooner or later, everybody will have caught it. If people die, they die, and Disney World will die right along with them if WDW stays closed much longer. If the cast members get covid, they will get over it, they are young. Even the young can’t get over starving to death, though.
Bolding is mine. And I am only addressing this part. Disneyland is NOT chickening out. They have not gotten permission to open. From the government. You know, the same government you said should be the one making the decisions. So they are actually doing exactly what you said they should.

Southern borders in Arizona only closed because of the three day weekend and the traditional crush of folks to Sea of Cortez. They will reopen the borders because the economy functions on border crossings of family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter