Disney World needs to reopen and STAY OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida never really shut down and now it's a mess. It will only get worse as we continue to ignore the facts.
Florida has in round numbers 200,000 total cases with 3731 deaths. A population of 21.48 million people. That is an infection rate of.00814% with a death rate of .00017
In 2018 Florida had 2915 deaths by auto accident. In 2018 Florida had (per the cdc) 3091 influenza deaths at .00014%. 2018 was a mild flu season.

I don’t see those numbers as a mess. It is a disease running its course and appears (anticdotaly speaking as I have no solid data) to be attenuating as most virus do.

My point is remove all the hype and scare tactics and rationally look at the numbers it is not valid to kill your economy over this. If it is we need to do that every flu season among other things that kill people. We weigh the risk of living and make decision as to what we are comfortable doing and not doing. That is different for every person, my level of risk that I’m willing to accept is different from yours. That’s okay. It’s not personal and would like it if we would remove the politics from it.

Life is messy it’s hard it’s frustrating it’s fun it’s exciting, never easy.

F. We weigh the risk of living and make decision as to what we are comfortable doing and not doing. That is different for every person, my level of risk that I’m willing to accept is different from yours. That’s okay. It’s not personal and would like it if we would remove the politics from it.

.....and every night on the news they show a person who share life is fun an exciting and then said the risk was very stupid of them to jump into covid because they felt comfortable dancing with covid and are now preaching to us to STAY HOME!!! the consequences are beyond your imagination. .....and as I watch those segments...I say to myself...I guess this is not the common cold.

Current positivity rate is over 18%. Federal goal is to be under 5%. They did get to under 3% late May. Yesterday they had more positives than New York did on its worst day, over 11,000. Positivity rate is pretty much the standard of how bad an area is.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/florida
would like it if we would remove the politics from it.
I think the majority of the country would love that, at least maybe 60% or so of the country (which I guess actually is the majority).

OP, congratulations! I'm so glad that someone besides me finally mentioned the National Security Law, since that and Article 38 and the fate of the people have been the main discussion amongst my circle this week.

I think most Americans unfortunately could care less. They care more about 90 day fiance than world politics.

Florida has in round numbers 200,000 total cases with 3731 deaths. A population of 21.48 million people. That is an infection rate of.00814% with a death rate of .00017
In 2018 Florida had 2915 deaths by auto accident. In 2018 Florida had (per the cdc) 3091 influenza deaths at .00014%. 2018 was a mild flu season.

I don’t see those numbers as a mess. It is a disease running its course and appears (anticdotaly speaking as I have no solid data) to be attenuating as most virus do.

My point is remove all the hype and scare tactics and rationally look at the numbers it is not valid to kill your economy over this. If it is we need to do that every flu season among other things that kill people. We weigh the risk of living and make decision as to what we are comfortable doing and not doing. That is different for every person, my level of risk that I’m willing to accept is different from yours. That’s okay. It’s not personal and would like it if we would remove the politics from it.

Except some hospitals getting close to reaching their capacity and other treatments have to be delayed, or a shortage of medical personnel. The issue if a country/county/city have many deaths or just a few is not really relevant anymore, neither is the death % of one disease over the other.
It's about keeping the infections low so the hospitals have a good chance to treat everyone and also those with other diseases. If your hospital is at capacity for ICU beds, and you get into a car accident, you might have to go to a hospital further away, which might not improve your chances of surviving.

What we see in my country is that even though, our spread is low and there is plenty of capacity at hospitals again and on the ICU, people avoid going to the doctor. Which is probably a normal human respons, after hearing for so long not to bother doctors and hospitals unless it's absolutely necessary. However, this can lead to a late diagnosis which in the long run can also hurt people.

That's why you want the distance, the masks and the other measures, like avoiding crowds and keeping places that attract crowds closed till the hospitals can handle it again. Comfortably.

Current positivity rate is over 18%. Federal goal is to be under 5%. They did get to under 3% late May. Yesterday they had more positives than New York did on its worst day, over 11,000. Positivity rate is pretty much the standard of how bad an area is.

I think the majority of the country would love that, at least maybe 60% or so of the country (which I guess actually is the majority).
Also, just heard on the news, mayor of Miami Beach said hospitalizations, ICU utilization and ventilator usage have all doubled in last 14 days.

It has been in the news several times. I'm not the only American who pays attention to international news, the mainstream networks have reported on the situation, as well as the major newspapers.
thanks for the update as I saw zero mention of it here. I meant even globally as even the Guardian features about half the headlines as from America right now. I am not a good judge as much of my circle lives, works, travels in HK or immigrated from there . And the last political event I attended in a country where 14 parties may be on the ballot was a barbecue put on by the Left, although admittedly the lure of Klezmer music and kangaroo on the grill enticed us as well as my beliefs.

Last edited:

Also, probably not really a concern, as it has been said that 99% of COVID cases are actually 'harmless'.

I think most Americans unfortunately could care less. They care more about 90 day fiance than world politics.
It's OK we have Farmer Meets Wife for that crowd although I am not sure if that is still broadcast.:)

Edit it is actually Farmer Seeks Wife which shows how uneducated I am ;)

Last edited:

May I suggest that you and a few others really need to educate yourselves. Positive rate means nothing if testing is low and its not used as a measure globally. SirDuff has been trying to explain because a few of you seem to use this as some type of indicator when really it's almost useless in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter