DISNEY WORLD vs. DISNEYLAND

BuckeyeGuy28

"Why So Serious"
Just got back from the annual family trip to Disneyland! We live in Orlando, but we wanted to see 'World of Color' and try out the new Grand Californian villas so we were back to the California parks this year. I think Disneyland is better in almost all ways but this thread is for comparing rides in both places. Here's my comparisons, leave yours below :thumbsup2:

DISNEYLAND--------DISNEYWORLD
Space Mountain > Space Mountain
Indiana Jones > Dinosaur (Indy is my favorite ride in the world btw)
Matterhorn < Expedition Everest
Haunted Mansion < Haunted Mansion
BTTMR > BTTMR
Splash Mountain < Splash Mountain
Small World > Small World
Tower of Terror < Tower of Terror
Screamin > Rock N Rollercoaster
Pirates > Pirates
Jungle Cruise > Jungle Cruise
Soarin' > Soarin' (cheesier queue line)
ToonTown < ToonTown Fair
Grizzly River Run > Kali River Rapids

Those are the main ones I noticed, I think most other rides are the same in both parks. Anyways, leave your lists below

Just got back from the annual family trip to Disneyland! We live in Orlando, but we wanted to see 'World of Color' and try out the new Grand Californian villas so we were back to the California parks this year. I think Disneyland is better in almost all ways but this thread is for comparing rides in both places. Here's my comparisons, leave yours below :thumbsup2:

BTTMR > BTTMR
Pirates > Pirates
ToonTown < ToonTown Fair

Those are the main ones I noticed, I think most other rides are the same in both parks. Anyways, leave your lists below

Ditto:thumbsup2

BTTMR > BTTMR
Pirates > Pirates
ToonTown < ToonTown Fair

Glad you had a good time at Disneyland.

I agree with the above EXCEPT Jungle Cruise. We liked MK's better.

And don't forget all the attractions in Fantasyland at DL that don't exist at WDW's MK.

- Dreams

You like WDW Toontown fair better than DL? Can't say that I agree with that but I agree with the rest.

Fantasyland at DL is far better than WDW as well. I know about the expansion but it only looks like a bunch of meet and greets.

Oh yeah what did you think of WOC?

What did you think of the Aladdin stage show?

Indiana Jones = Dinosaur, same ride system but different rides
Matterhorn = Expedition Everest, not the same to compare
BTTMR > BTTMR
Splash Mountain > Splash Mountain, like DL's much more
Screamin = Rock N Rollercoaster, again not the same to compare
Pirates > Pirates
ToonTown > ToonTown Fair, DL's is a real land, MK's is tacked on with a coaster

Also
Teacups>Teacups
Dumbo>Dumbo, wheres the water?
Autopia>Speedway
Fantasyland>Fantasyland, Hopefully when they expand the MK version they rehab the rest like they did in DL.
Tiki Room> Tikie room under new management

Just curious about HM. It's my favorite ride of all time, since I was little. I've only ever been to WDW so far. What makes DLR's mansion inferior?

Just curious about HM. It's my favorite ride of all time, since I was little. I've only ever been to WDW so far. What makes DLR's mansion inferior?

We thought that DLR was inferior to WDW for this ride too. The main room where the crystal ball is--Madame Leota--- it's fixed in it's spot. I just looked bizarre to me, and my daughter was like "What's wrong with her head?"

Other than that, while we were there, the ride was malfunctioning quite a bit. I don't mind sitting in the doom buggy to take in all the scenery some more, but in the intro, the walls would start to move, but you'd have no commentary. It was sad

Shawn in AK

Some things are just different. The style of the que and show buildings. The DL versions the stretching room is an elevator that drops, this is to get you under the railroad tracks.

The WDW version has been rehabed. Madam Leota's head floats up and down now, didn't always. Also it has the stairway escher room. These are the main pluses of the MK's version.

You like WDW Toontown fair better than DL? Can't say that I agree with that but I agree with the rest.

Fantasyland at DL is far better than WDW as well. I know about the expansion but it only looks like a bunch of meet and greets.

Oh yeah what did you think of WOC?

What did you think of the Aladdin stage show?

Yes I forgot how much better Fantasyland is in California. I hate the MK one it's cheesy and doesn't have as many rides. Also I don't know why but Toontown at DL just seemed dirty or something, I don't know. It looked kind of like a rushed unplanned job or something. I don't know, I just didn't like being in there.
World of Color was amazing, the best show I've ever seen, it's really unbelievable what it's doing.
And the Aladdin show was surprisingly good. The genie was very funny and the production values were amazing!

just got back from disneyland the first 2 days Madam Leota's head was just sitting there the next 3 days her head was floating.

I love the Indiana Jones ride too, but I would put Dinosaur over it. I think Dino is better. It's darker, scarier, and much rougher! That, to me, makes it one hell of an excellent ride. The Indy ride is too soft. They need to make it more rough like Dinosaur.

Dont get me wrong. Indy has the far better queue and setting, but I just prefer the extra roughness of Dinosaur.

Yes I forgot how much better Fantasyland is in California. I hate the MK one it's cheesy and doesn't have as many rides. Also I don't know why but Toontown at DL just seemed dirty or something, I don't know. It looked kind of like a rushed unplanned job or something. I don't know, I just didn't like being in there.
World of Color was amazing, the best show I've ever seen, it's really unbelievable what it's doing.
And the Aladdin show was surprisingly good. The genie was very funny and the production values were amazing!

Hard choice. But, as an adult with 3 teen boys we find we spend much more time at WDW fantasyland than DL. We could watch Mickey's Philharmagic over and over.

I've always preferred DL over MK. But the list is pretty good and accurate.

There are some things that I noticed different between the 2 parks on certain rides.

Pirates - Long lines (majority of the time) at DL, no lines at MK
Jungle Cruise - Long lines at MK, no lines (majority of the time) at DL

Hard choice. But, as an adult with 3 teen boys we find we spend much more time at WDW fantasyland than DL. We could watch Mickey's Philharmagic over and over.

I agree that Mickey's Phillharmagic is wonderful. But...

WDW has:
Peter Pan
IASM
Snow White
Pooh
Teacups
Dumbo
Carousel
and I think thats it for a total of seven attractions.

DL has:
Peter Pan
Pinocchio
Mr Toads
Snow White
Teacups
Matterhorn
IASM
Canal Boats
Casey Jr
Dumbo
Carousel
for a total of Eleven attractions.

I am doing this off the top of my head so I could have missed something. To me there is just so much more to do at DL and the atmosphere is wonderful. Love the Bavarian exterior look on the dark rides.

I love the Indiana Jones ride too, but I would put Dinosaur over it. I think Dino is better. It's darker, scarier, and much rougher! That, to me, makes it one hell of an excellent ride. The Indy ride is too soft. They need to make it more rough like Dinosaur.

IMHO, the dark stretches of Dinosaur are just empty space. Indy has much better visual sets throughout the entire ride which makes the whole experience that much better. Edge to DLR on this one.

I know it doesn't get mentioned much, but I just loved the Storybook Land Canal Boats at DL. I don't think DW has that (or at least I don't remember it).

I've now been to DLRP, WDW and DL, and I think I prefer DL.

I love Disneyland! I am going in an hour today! I have been going to DL since I was 6 months old. (I am 42 now!) I have been an AP holder for 19 years.
To be fair to WDW, I have been a lot and enjoy it as well. Here are my favs at WDW :
1. Haunted Mansion. ( I love ours, but like the layout of theirs better.)
2. Rockin' Roller Coaster. ( Wish , wish, wish we had this!)
3. Test Track ( We are getting the cars ride! So excited!)
4. Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
5. People Mover! ( I wish they would put ours back!)
6. Expedition Everest (We will never get this! But I love it!)

Other than that, I don't need to fly 2500 miles. Disneyland is my happy place. Not jealous of WDW folks at all.
Ps. I will be riding these 6 next month! Happy Riding!

I prefer Disney World as a whole to Disneyland for many reasons but also Disneyland to Disney World for a whole other set.

I like the idea of being completely immersed in everything Disney when it comes to the Disney World Resort. It's exactly what Walt always wanted, to have complete control of his fantasies.

However, Disneyland being so small I also enjoy the close knit cozy feel of the resort. And I very much prefer Disneyland Park over the Magic Kingdom. If you visit the two, you can tell there's a difference.

Magic Kingdom is very planned out, almost scientifically to ensure theming etc. flows seamlessly throughout the park. And it's amazing. But with Disneyland, when Walt first opened it, he didn't have a master plan. When it came to adding new attractions and rides he just fit them in wherever he could and it gives the park this cozy feel to it. And even though it's smaller than the Magic Kingdom, to me it feels larger.

I guess they're both equal for their own reasons :goodvibes

By comparison I think MK has a better Tomorrowland. DL's has almost nothing in it and that makes me sad because it's my MOST favorite place.

I SO wish they would put back the people movers here at DL..... Why let the track sit empty all these years???

I think the face characters at DL are more visually in theme than at DW.
But DW has the CoP but they didn't mess up DL's Tiki Room like they did at DW.
They both have bad coffee.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter