Disneyland Paris Half 2017

@nintz - I've been looking at Get Sports. How did your travel package compare to the offers Disney had posted?
For my wife and me I spent around 1600.00. That was to stay at the Newport and 2 three day tickets. Remember breakfast is included at certain hotels. Newport was one of them. Get Sports, was the only official US reseller for 2016.

For my wife and me I spent around 1600.00. That was to stay at the Newport and 2 three day tickets. Remember breakfast is included at certain hotels. Newport was one of them. Get Sports, was the only official US reseller for 2016.
also, that was for four nights

I received an email this morning titled:
3 days to go before the Half-Marathon sales opening date

Apparently race packages go on sale November 22nd.

I am not surprised. When Disney finds a cash cow, they milk it until its dry....

hqdefault.jpg

That may have been just what I needed to see to tip the scales in favor of me going....so they know what they are doing...

Anyone remember how quickly this race sold out last year? It's hard enough to commit to RunDisney in America let alone over seas so far in advance! I really want to do this but who knows... and of course I've been in France the last two years around the same time as this race.. maybe the third years the charm!

Anyone remember how quickly this race sold out last year? It's hard enough to commit to RunDisney in America let alone over seas so far in advance! I really want to do this but who knows... and of course I've been in France the last two years around the same time as this race.. maybe the third years the charm!
Did not sell out very fast. I think people were hesitant and it was a bit expensive for some as well.

Did not sell out very fast. I think people were hesitant and it was a bit expensive for some as well.

Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Flights right now are around 800 round trip, which isn't horrible, but then you gotta have hotel, tix and run disney expenses as well as food... plus while you're over their you gotta spend a day or two in Paris of course. Not cheap. Still want to do it!!!

A tip for any Americans signing up for the race. The tech shirts are in European sizes which tend to run one size smaller than American sizes, so order one size up from your normal size.

I've signed up for all the races and am looking forward to doing the new "challenge". Such a shame that we have no idea what the challenge is called and you don't get a challenge t-shirt but I guess I don't mind so much as you don't have to pay a "challenge" price. The travel partner I called this morning said that they have no idea why Disney haven't been giving them information about the challenge. I was also quite surprised to see the Family 5km is at 8pm at night! Kind of late for smaller children?

I've signed up for all the races and am looking forward to doing the new "challenge". Such a shame that we have no idea what the challenge is called and you don't get a challenge t-shirt but I guess I don't mind so much as you don't have to pay a "challenge" price. The travel partner I called this morning said that they have no idea why Disney haven't been giving them information about the challenge. I was also quite surprised to see the Family 5km is at 8pm at night! Kind of late for smaller children?
They do the 5k at night and the 10k the morning after?!

Today's email says that booking a package includes:

• Accommodation in a Disney® Hotel
• Access to the Disney® Parks
• One registration per room for one of the races(1)
(Half Marathon, 5K race or 10K )

I'm not planning on only running one race if I go back. And if I am sharing a room with someone, they will most likely want to do at least one event as well.

That would concern me too since both of us want to run the half. But the footnote says that extra registrations can be purchased as part of the package. We'll see how this works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter