Disneyland Paris Half 2017

If I am doing this right, you are definitely paying a premium with the package in order to guarantee race entry.

For example, using a Newport Bay room for 2, arriving 9/21 for 4 nights, on the DLP official site, it says room and 4 days of tickets is $1154. This does not include breakfast. The price goes up $232 to add breakfast to the reservation, for a total of $1386.

Using the GET Travel site, the same dates and hotel, the price for 4 nights and 3 days of tickets is $1496. (For some reason, there isn't an option that I can see for 4 nights and 4 days of tickets.)

The only differences I can see are that the GET package requires the inclusion of breakfast and includes a guarantee to get a bib, but with 1 day less of park tickets.

So, with a GET package, it looks like you are paying $110 for a guarantee of race entry and are being required to purchase breakfast. (Or looked at another way, you are paying $342 more for a required included breakfast and a guaranteed race entry.)

But I really don't want to make a reservation on DLP and then not get a bib next spring when bib-only registration opens, so . . . I don't know.

Rafiki,

It looks like you are doing that correctly at GET's site. In RE: to the number of tickets, I found they did not get an option for 4 Day tickets (however all tickets are Park Hoppers). It's just what Disney allows for them to sell depending on the package type, number of people, etc. Strange, I know. I'd go with them though. They've always been professional and knowledgeable. If you give them a call, Korinna and/or Shirley are amazing, and would likely put your mind at ease. Especially since they can guarantee Bibs for you. The only USA 3rd Party seller, they're doing something right, that's for sure. :)

Just doing some of my own browsing as well. The Cheyenne Hotel, 4 nights, starting on 9/21 for 2 people and 3 Park admissions I found the below:
Marathon (Norwegian company) - $669.95/ per person
Sports Tours International (UK) - $595.14/ per person
GET Sports (USA) - $516/ per person

I've heard some companies are giving "Book 4 nights, get 2 free" type deals. But in my experience that typically just means the prices for the first 4 nights are just going to be hiked up a bit more.

Happy traveling!

the 5k is at 8pm on the friday,, then from 9pm the party starts till 12am, then the 10k starts at 7am,, holy moly

also there was no info from the Disney operator about a challenge & they knew nothing about it,, this was before i saw the official notes from disney on the website so i could not reference that with the operator,

Jeanigor (or anyone else),

What can you tell me about the special party on Friday this year? What rides/attractions were open? Any special shows/fireworks/etc.? Were the character M & G lines really long? Any other special activities?

Thanks.

Tower of Terror.
Rockin' Roller Coaster.
Green Army Men Parachute Drop.
Slinky Dog ride.
Ratatouille.
RC Racer.

No shows. No fireworks. No productions.

There were artists carving fruit sculptures by Ratatouille.

The food situation was a tad disorganized and for those of us with dietary restrictions, troublesome.

I'm not sure about character lines. I know Chip & Dale were in the passage in front of Restaurant en Coulisses when we went in and on our way out.

If I return for 2017, I have no need to redo the party.

I just realized that the Paris race in 2017 is right after Rosh Hashanah. I know there aren't a lot of Jews in the world, but it's a little disappointing Disney didn't take this into consideration. (For those who may not know, it's basically the equivalent of scheduling a race at Disney on December 26th.)

Theres only so many weekends available in September & this race falls on the same one next year as it did this year,, luckily as i have another 1/2 marathon booked for the following weekend, just like this year,

Least the race is not on Rosh Hashanah day!!!!! No!!!!!!

I just realized that the Paris race in 2017 is right after Rosh Hashanah. I know there aren't a lot of Jews in the world, but it's a little disappointing Disney didn't take this into consideration. (For those who may not know, it's basically the equivalent of scheduling a race at Disney on December 26th.)

Tower of Terror.
Rockin' Roller Coaster.
Green Army Men Parachute Drop.
Slinky Dog ride.
Ratatouille.
RC Racer.

No shows. No fireworks. No productions.

There were artists carving fruit sculptures by Ratatouille.

The food situation was a tad disorganized and for those of us with dietary restrictions, troublesome.

I'm not sure about character lines. I know Chip & Dale were in the passage in front of Restaurant en Coulisses when we went in and on our way out.

If I return for 2017, I have no need to redo the party.

As a general rule the french just don't get dietary needs. I've heard of people asking for vegetarian options and just getting chicken instead of steak!!

We went to paris and DLP for a day last year just for a holiday and being from the UK were able to take the train. we took luggage in roller cases and our backpacks full of food as the GF has Gluten and Dairy intolerances! Literally nowhere to eat!

Does anyone know when they will be announcing the Entry date for this? I've already booked Hotel and flights so I just need to actually enter the thing now!! Haha

Does anyone know when they will be announcing the Entry date for this? I've already booked Hotel and flights so I just need to actually enter the thing now!! Haha

That is the question on everyone's mind....well at least those of us who don't want to book a package. :)

Just saw on Facebook that the Paris 5K the year is at night rather than in the morning.

Just saw on Facebook that the Paris 5K the year is at night rather than in the morning.

I believe the schedule for 2017 is:
Expo: Thurs-Sat
5K: Friday 8pm
10K: Sat 7am
Half: Sun 7am

I wonder if anyone here in the States or Canada would contemplate flying over Thursday afternoon/night (arriving in Paris Friday morning) and then doing the 5K Friday night and then the 10K and or half later in the weekend and flying home Monday?
{I am trying to not talk myself into this, as an in-and-out trip to Disneyland for the Super Heroes Half was rougher than I thought it would be)

I wonder if anyone here in the States or Canada would contemplate flying over Thursday afternoon/night (arriving in Paris Friday morning) and then doing the 5K Friday night and then the 10K and or half later in the weekend and flying home Monday?
{I am trying to not talk myself into this, as an in-and-out trip to Disneyland for the Super Heroes Half was rougher than I thought it would be)
I definitely thought about getting in Friday doing the 5k & half and then flying home Monday(didn't want to be away from the kids too long). But after thinking about it we decided that since we have never been to Paris before that we should stay 2 more nights.

At least the time zones kind of work for that! We considered doing the same thing with the avengers weekend in CA but living in the UK the time zones make it dreadful as we would have barely 36 hours there including doing the 10k and half marathon then straight to the airport afterwards so that the GF could get back to work for monday morning.

I was told by my travel agent yesterday that they are expecting registration links in "spring". And still no clue as to what the challenge will be officially called or a theme.

This sounds near impossible... * hour flight.. then minimum hour in customs, then you gotta get to the rer A to Disneyland thats at least an hour.. most USA flights leaving the at 5-8 pm Thursday night would get in around 7-11 am in Paris at CDG. You'd be luck to be at Disneyland by 2-3 pm and you'd be so exhausted unless you're a master of jet lag.. You'd need at least a day to acclimate. I'd plan on coming in on Thursday at a minimum. Besides, not sure why'd you want to fly all the way to Paris, pay all that expense and just do a weekend. Minimum 5 days!

Looking at 2016, non-package registration opened on Feb. 16th, which is next week. Next week could prove to be expensive (as general registration for Marathon Week 2018 opens as well).

I think I have talked myself out of an extra long weekend trip at the end of May and replaced it with an extra long weekend trip for the race events.

Looking at 2016, non-package registration opened on Feb. 16th, which is next week. Next week could prove to be expensive (as general registration for Marathon Week 2018 opens as well).

Was there much notice before it opened last year? Or did it just suddenly open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter