Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I understand completely. I booked a trip in July (wishful thinking.) They are not selling park ticks yet, so I’m afraid of having a room booked, but not being able to get into the parks.

I know its "government" so it doesn't necessarily make sense. But high infection rates in OC caused by some young partyers and some type of spiritual gathering where they insist on their "rights" to not wear a mask, and to hug one another - why does that need to prevent opening of the park where compliance is expected to be good and will be enforced (based on WDW)? Its like punishing all your children because one of them took the cookies, Even though you know which one and when they did it, you go ahead and say "No More Cookies for anyone until you can ALL behave!".

Wait until counties found themselves on day 12/14 and then get to start all over again. If DLR is at the mercy of OC staying off the county monitoring list it’s insane to open, too much risk of shutdown.

Metrics need to be met for 3 consecutive days to come OFF the watchlist. Counties go back ON the watchlist when they have 3 more consecutive days of numbers above the limits. So, one day here or there doesn't make a difference.

And, again, the 14 days of being off the watchlist applies to the reopening of SCHOOLS in CA only, not other sectors.

I know its "government" so it doesn't necessarily make sense. But high infection rates in OC caused by some young partyers and some type of spiritual gathering where they insist on their "rights" to not wear a mask, and to hug one another - why does that need to prevent opening of the park where compliance is expected to be good and will be enforced (based on WDW)? Its like punishing all your children because one of them took the cookies, Even though you know which one and when they did it, you go ahead and say "No More Cookies for anyone until you can ALL behave!".
Can you tell the "young partyers" and those who attend the "spiritual gathering" that they cannot attend DLR? Can you tell exactly who they are so that you can keep them out?

I was wondering about this. So what happens when you finally achieve the magic 3 good days in a row, but then get a bad day or two a few days later? Aaaaaah, too much math! This is like some sadistic game of Chutes and Ladders.
3 good days to get off. 14 days off to reopen. So you can have a high day or two within the 14 days. Just not 3 consecutive days.

One the counties neighboring mine has has a day here and there above the metics but never consecutive days. So far they are not at risk of being on the list.

And, again, the 14 days of being off the watchlist applies to the reopening of SCHOOLS in CA only, not other sectors.

I thought someone posted somewhere in this thread that it was clarified to be 14 days off to reopen businesses.

We had a reservation for Courtyard Theme Park entrance the beginning of December and got this in an email this afternoon:

"Our records indicate that you have a reservation at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance. Please be aware that the hotel will be temporarily closing through December 17, 2020 and your reservation has been canceled."

I was wondering about this. So what happens when you finally achieve the magic 3 good days in a row, but then get a bad day or two a few days later? Aaaaaah, too much math! This is like some sadistic game of Chutes and Ladders.
The only guidance for getting OFF the list -- needs 3 days to meet the metric to get considered to get off the list. Same vice versa, fail metrics for 3 days and become at risk of being put ON the list.

The 14 days criteria of being off the list is only set for SCHOOL reopening consideration. Folk have used that metric as a marker of Theme parks not opening before the highly public issue of schools open.

We had a reservation for Courtyard Theme Park entrance the beginning of December and got this in an email this afternoon:

"Our records indicate that you have a reservation at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance. Please be aware that the hotel will be temporarily closing through December 17, 2020 and your reservation has been canceled."

Wow.

This is the problem. It’s unfortunate people can’t temporarily change their behavior. This isn’t forever.
And the problem also is not so easily clear cut. There are young people who are mask compliant and very big proponents of safety protocols. And there are people who attend religious gatherings who wear masks and abide by safety protocols when they gather. And there are older partyers who should know better and are totally not mask compliant and non-religious gatherings which are very unsafe. It is impossible to point fingers at any one group and hit "all" or "none."

And the problem also is not so easily clear cut. There are young people who are mask compliant and very big proponents of safety protocols. And there are people who attend religious gatherings who wear masks and abide by safety protocols when they gather. And there are older partyers who should know better and are totally not mask compliant and non-religious gatherings which are very unsafe. It is impossible to point fingers at any one group and hit "all" or "none."

That’s why we ALL need to work together and do the right thing. The quicker we do, the healthier everyone will be and then increased likelihood we can get schools and Disneyland open!

-The rest of the world don't have magical potions or therapeutics or fancier magic machines or anything else.
-They did it together to get there.

They followed two simple guidelines that even most 5 year olds understand.

1. Safer at home
2. If you go out: Stay 6 feet apart. If you cannot stay 6 feet apart - wear a mask.

We do this --- we get to go to DLR among other things -- but DLR -- that's our ultimate goal :)

-The rest of the world don't have magical potions or therapeutics or fancier magic machines or anything else.
-They did it together to get there.

They followed two simple guidelines that even most 5 year olds understand.

1. Safer at home
2. If you go out: Stay 6 feet apart. If you cannot stay 6 feet apart - wear a mask.

We do this --- we get to go to DLR among other things -- but DLR -- that's our ultimate goal :)

Hopefully with all the new mask studies coming out, people will finally get it and comply. We can reopen almost everything...if everyone simply wears a mask. It's not 100% but it is starting to be proven that masks result in lower viral load transmission, which results in asymptomatic or very mild cases which do confer immunity.

It appears that Disney is doing things the right way in requiring masks at all times and hopefully their robust protocols at their other theme parks around the world will prove to CA officials that they know how to safely reopen DL.

Agreed, there are big DOOFUS's that are young and old, rich and poor etc...sadly it is the twits that tend to get all the air time on social media and the news, but I like to think that more people then not know how to act/behave properly.

I was watching a vlog about Knott’s festival. They were enjoying their time sitting with friends without masks. I just felt this rush of sadness. My family is doing our part. My mom’s dog died yesterday and we were unable to go and visit or comfort her. We sent flowers, but it felt so impersonal. I get so angry when people gloat about not following the rules.

I saw this somewhere: I feel like I’m sitting at a silent lunch at school that keeps getting days added on because people won’t shut up.

I was watching a vlog about Knott’s festival. They were enjoying their time sitting with friends without masks. I just felt this rush of sadness. My family is doing our part. My mom’s dog died yesterday and we were unable to go and visit or comfort her. We sent flowers, but it felt so impersonal. I get so angry when people gloat about not following the rules.

I saw this somewhere: I feel like I’m sitting at a silent lunch at school that keeps getting days added on because people won’t shut up.
I totally understand. And I am so sad for your Mom. I feel the same way. It's so frustrating. Its a mask of fabric not a straight jacket. It's been proven to work. Stay strong. We will get through this.

I’m so sorry for you and your Mom 😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter