Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

We still have our trip scheduled for October but I feel like the universe is sending me signals. I just got an email from Southwest that they changed our itinerary from about 4 hours total travel time to 9. There's a better set of flights but I need to call.

We still have our trip scheduled for October but I feel like the universe is sending me signals. I just got an email from Southwest that they changed our itinerary from about 4 hours total travel time to 9. There's a better set of flights but I need to call.

We double booked a Disneyland (off site) and Disney World (on site) trip for roughly the same days mid November. Have until mid October to decide but every day we get closer the more I think we will be going to Disney World. Would prefer DL though as we would just need to buy tickets and all other accommodations were bought with credit card points. We shall see.

Last edited:
Oof, seeing increased reports from DISers on the WDW boards about mask compliance getting worse and worse out there. I hope we don’t get the same issue at DL when it reopens. I would imagine though, with DL being more compact, it’ll be easier for cast members to regulate. But also lots more reports of people taking them off on the rides and the cast members not saying anything. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m so disappointed to hear this.

I was originally of the mindset to not want to be the first wave in but maybe that’s better if people start slacking off (including cast members) as time goes on...
This is one reason why I think it is important for people to send in comments of support to let DLR management know that there is support for mask compliance and that there is more support than the media would show for CM enforcement. If management knows that there are lots of us out there who actually want safety, compliance, and enforcement (call us crazy! -- hey, who doesn't want to be safe?), that can help them in making decisions.

Will the parks open first then the hotels directly following, or will DLR just open the parks for a while and wait to open hotels weeks after?🤔 I feel like the hotels encourage traveling, but not all travelers are from out of state, ie: northern CA.

I read somewhere (of course I can't find the article), that Disneyland only needs 10 day notice to open the parks. So maybe once they get word how and when they can open, they can just open immediately. I know that there is plexiglass up at the turnstiles. So I am assuming they probably have put that up throughout the park as well as the social distancing markings.

This is one reason why I think it is important for people to send in comments of support to let DLR management know that there is support for mask compliance and that there is more support than the media would show for CM enforcement. If management knows that there are lots of us out there who actually want safety, compliance, and enforcement (call us crazy! -- hey, who doesn't want to be safe?), that can help them in making decisions.
Do you have an email for accomplish this by chance?

Yes, for WDW. (And the DIS has already posted this news several times on the boards, e.g. WDW Passholders Receive Further Info Regarding Refund Policy & Aug. 11 Deadline.) DLR has not said anything about APs for a long time. If there are any official announcements about DLR, you will find them on the first page of the Official Reopening Superthread on the main board.

Well, dangit, the numbers are back up today. The backlog has been fixed BUT we still haven't had those numbers added to the case counts from the past days.

Anyway, OC at 103.9/100,000 and 8.3% positivity.

Back to day 0/3.
Wait until counties found themselves on day 12/14 and then get to start all over again. If DLR is at the mercy of OC staying off the county monitoring list it’s insane to open, too much risk of shutdown.

Wait until counties found themselves on day 12/14 and then get to start all over again. If DLR is at the mercy of OC staying off the county monitoring list it’s insane to open, too much risk of shutdown.
I was wondering about this. So what happens when you finally achieve the magic 3 good days in a row, but then get a bad day or two a few days later? Aaaaaah, too much math! This is like some sadistic game of Chutes and Ladders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter