Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I don't think he'll announce today. He's focused on the EDD (Unemployment) issues. The EDD is on hold for 2 weeks, that's a pretty big deal. I don't think he'll overshadow things with a Theme Park announcement today.

Sigh... I'm watching too. The tone of this is so heavy, I'm having a hard time believing he's going to say anything about theme parks but we'll see... Fingers crossed!

ETA: not that it shouldn't be heavy, there's a lot of other issues going on right now! but just doesn't feel like it's the moment..

Is orange county set to move to orange tomorrow or do they still have numbers in the red range?

No. First potential day OC can move to Orange will be Oct 6. However, over the last few days, our numbers have increased again to close to 200 daily cases so it's not looking likely that we will move to Orange anytime soon, unless the next several days show significantly lowered case numbers to balance out these small spikes.

Hasn't the OC been in Red for two weeks? Since the September 8th reset? Wouldn't that put Orange on Sept. 29? (if eligible?)

Yes, but our numbers have to meet Orange metrics for 2 weeks before moving. That's the part we will struggle with. Our daily case rate is still above 4 per 100k, so still solidly in red. We have not yet hit the Orange metrics (we did last week, but the reported numbers have a 7 day lag). Once we do, we have to do so for 14 days, so next week is definitely not happening. Oct 6 MAY happen, but again the last few high case number days may have jeopardized that possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter