Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

As for refurbed rooms - I called Disney to ask because I just need to know LOL. I was told that the resort is no longer under rennovations!! :)

BUT I was on trip advisor and recently, many people have stayed in the Toy Story sections and have posted great reviews and pictures of UN-rennovated rooms :(

So I take this as a IDK what we are going to get! Hope everyone has a great trip.. I can't wait to stay here because my dd will love the TS section :goodvibes And I hope my room is refurbed! lol

So excited (don't kill my buzz)! Just booked October 2012 vacay (1st time with all 4 kids) staying in two adjoining rooms at ASMo Toy Story building, yeah!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

1st trip to AS-MOVIES....JUST 9 MORE DAYS !!! :banana:
Still haven't let the cat-out-of-the-bag! I don't think the kids have ANY idea we're doing this Halloween trip!!! :lmao:

1st trip to AS-MOVIES....JUST 9 MORE DAYS !!! :banana:
Still haven't let the cat-out-of-the-bag! I don't think the kids have ANY idea we're doing this Halloween trip!!! :lmao:

How are you going to tell them? We are leaving on Sunday & the kids still don't know! :woohoo:

How are you going to tell them? We are leaving on Sunday & the kids still don't know! :woohoo:
Well..the "latest" plan is that Daddy has to meet a customer at the airport...no, not the Houston airport...it will be interesting. Our son is Autistic, and he likes to plan out most everything. We've never done a "surprise" trip, so we're hoping they'll be shocked, but excited too. :goodvibes

Well..the "latest" plan is that Daddy has to meet a customer at the airport...no, not the Houston airport...it will be interesting. Our son is Autistic, and he likes to plan out most everything. We've never done a "surprise" trip, so we're hoping they'll be shocked, but excited too. :goodvibes

Cool! ... until next time Daddy really has to meet a customer at the airport?
I'm in awe of anyone who can keep this a secret from the kids. I get so excited, everybody in town knows!:dance3:

Oops, just realized this is the ASMo thread. Anyone want to bring the topic back? Sorry, guys, I'm in Disney dreaming mode, and reading these threads too much.

Cool! ... until next time Daddy really has to meet a customer at the airport?
I'm in awe of anyone who can keep this a secret from the kids. I get so excited, everybody in town knows!:dance3:
It's been VERY hard to keep it a secret! Especially when the boy is having a meltdown and we know we could snap him out of it with news like this!
They do know about the December trip, so I may hafta "weave" that trip into the "fabric" of our little cover story.
Hmmm...Mom has to go check our Christmas trip reservation status at Le Cellier, Garden Grill, Chef Mickey's..etc..don't want Disney giving "our" tables away, do we?...;););)
Hmmm...what are all those bins full of candy...and what's up with the parade attire? :cool1:

Hope it goes well, but as a mom with a kid on the spectrum usually even good surprises don't go over well. Understatement! ;) Although there's always anxiety and meltdowns the day before travel for her so I guess it could be a now or later type thing.

Hope it goes well, but as a mom with a kid on the spectrum usually even good surprises don't go over well. Understatement! ;) Although there's always anxiety and meltdowns the day before travel for her so I guess it could be a now or later type thing.
Ours likes surprises that benefit him, so we think he'll be pretty happy...as long as he knows he doesn't hafta dress up for the MNSSHP! ;)

Just checked in tonight. Did online check in- requested toy story and refurbished room. So excited because I got them both! We are in building 10- I notice work going on in some of the rooms as I walk around- room 0702 & rooms around it are being worked on at the moment. So far I am very pleased with the resort. Our first time at a value- we usually stay at AKL. However, my kids are super happy and think this place is better than AKL!! Will report on the rest of our stay;)

Just checked in tonight. Did online check in- requested toy story and refurbished room. So excited because I got them both! We are in building 10- I notice work going on in some of the rooms as I walk around- room 0702 & rooms around it are being worked on at the moment. So far I am very pleased with the resort. Our first time at a value- we usually stay at AKL. However, my kids are super happy and think this place is better than AKL!! Will report on the rest of our stay;)

Glad you got what you requested! :cool1:So how does online check-in work? Next year is our first WDW trip and I'm just unsure. When I made our ressie over the phone I asked for adjoining rooms and also requested preferred rooms. We also would like to stay in the Toy Story buildings with refurbished rooms. Is there space on the online check in to make that request?? Is there any way to know if your requests have been made or do you just find out after you arrive there?? Thanks!

Within 10 days of your reservations you can check in online so all of your paperwork is ready when you arrive at the hotel. If you paid for a preferred room you will get one... To make requests as to which building or floor you would like to be on- you will need to call and have a CM put that request on your reservation. And all rooms are scheduled to be done being refurbished within the next 2 weeks.

Within 10 days of your reservations you can check in online so all of your paperwork is ready when you arrive at the hotel. If you paid for a preferred room you will get one... To make requests as to which building or floor you would like to be on- you will need to call and have a CM put that request on your reservation. And all rooms are scheduled to be done being refurbished within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks very much! How far in advance should I call and have the CM put on that request?

Yep...put in your request now- then call about 3 days before you arrive and make sure your request is on your reservation;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter