Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Yes we just got back. We stayed in a very nice newly refurbished Woody Room!!! Loved it. Very clean and very comfy beds. We had 4 rooms in a row for our party of 13 and everyone had a wonderful time.princess:

Glad you got what you requested! :cool1:So how does online check-in work? Next year is our first WDW trip and I'm just unsure. When I made our ressie over the phone I asked for adjoining rooms and also requested preferred rooms. We also would like to stay in the Toy Story buildings with refurbished rooms. Is there space on the online check in to make that request?? Is there any way to know if your requests have been made or do you just find out after you arrive there?? Thanks!

Did you want rooms that connected with the inside door? Then you need connecting rooms. Adjoining rooms are just rooms next to each other. Maybe you mean you want adjoining, but in case you really want connecting I thought I would explain it a bit.:)

Also, if you want a preferred room you have to pay for a preferred. It is an upgrade, so the cost is a little bit more. If you didn't pay for a referred room you won't get one. In fact, twice at the Music I have paid for a preferred room and still not gotten one. They had overbooked, and I was bumped back to standard. So while I can't believe that is a common occurence, it does happen.

Did you want rooms that connected with the inside door? Then you need connecting rooms. Adjoining rooms are just rooms next to each other. Maybe you mean you want adjoining, but in case you really want connecting I thought I would explain it a bit.:)

Also, if you want a preferred room you have to pay for a preferred. It is an upgrade, so the cost is a little bit more. If you didn't pay for a referred room you won't get one. In fact, twice at the Music I have paid for a preferred room and still not gotten one. They had overbooked, and I was bumped back to standard. So while I can't believe that is a common occurence, it does happen.

Thank you for bringing this up. I paid for 2 preferred rooms. My husband is a disabled veteran and less of a hike to get to the room is essential. That is really disappointing that you paid for preferred and ended up with standard. I really hope this doesn't happen to us. Guess I will be calling and calling to check and recheck to make sure that we get the preferred right before our stay. Did they give you back the difference that you had paid for the preferred room??

Yes, I wanted rooms that connect with an inside door, but I requested adjoining rooms. I assumed that was the same thing. Thanks for letting me know its not. I'll definitely be calling to correct my error.

I have a reservation for a preferred room this weekend....someone had told me to call and make sure I was in a refurbished room....I called tonight and they said they are not under any renovations at this time. She wasn't exactly the nicest person I have ever talked to....sounded a bit bothered by my questions..hopefully she was just having a bad day.

Thank you for bringing this up. I paid for 2 preferred rooms. My husband is a disabled veteran and less of a hike to get to the room is essential. That is really disappointing that you paid for preferred and ended up with standard. I really hope this doesn't happen to us. Guess I will be calling and calling to check and recheck to make sure that we get the preferred right before our stay. Did they give you back the difference that you had paid for the preferred room??

Yes, I wanted rooms that connect with an inside door, but I requested adjoining rooms. I assumed that was the same thing. Thanks for letting me know its not. I'll definitely be calling to correct my error.

They did, after I was home and sent off a not so happy e-mail. They had offered to move me to a preferred room if one opened up, but as I was there for only a short trip, and had the dining plan which I was afraid would get messed up, I told them no thanks. Apparently if you refuse to be moved they take that as you forfeiting your preferred room upgrade cost.

At check in when I asked what had happened to my preferred room, they told me that as I was checking in so late they had gave it to someone else. Mind you, this was at 7pm. And I had used On-line check in, so they should have known I was coming.

I would hope that as your husband is disabled they would not bump you. I would like to say the odds of it happening are low, but I never thought it would happen to me once, let alone twice.

This is my first on site stay....I've never tipped housekeeping so I don't know the general guidelines of this. Please advise.

I have paid for Preferred and requested first floor for medical reasons. I also requested to be near the pool. Hope we get them all! We are going in Jan when it is slow so if they put us somewhere else ir downgrade our preferred I will make loud noises until they make it right:rotfl2:

We staye at ASMo in bldg 8 in 2005 and had the first room by the kiddie pool and it was great! Hope we are lucky again! Can't wait to see the refurb rooms.

Does anyone who has been there RECENTLY know if they have done away with the handicap spaces at the buses? I read some confusing things on the Disablilities board and want to know specifically about ASMo. I have to use an ECV at WDW due to arthritis.

HI guys,
Does anyone know if AS Movies is one of the resorts the Pop Warner crowd check in to? I'm concerned as I had a bad experience with them some years back at AS Music and do not wish to have it repeated when I go to WDW next year.

HI guys,
Does anyone know if AS Movies is one of the resorts the Pop Warner crowd check in to? I'm concerned as I had a bad experience with them some years back at AS Music and do not wish to have it repeated when I go to WDW next year.

It usually is

Oh no!! I was hoping to hear confirmation that WDW only confines the PW crowds to 2 of the 3 AS resorts (Sports and Music). I thought I read somewhere on this forum that AS Movies is usually spared. Please tell me it they do not also invade Movies!!!:eek:

Oh no!! I was hoping to hear confirmation that WDW only confines the PW crowds to 2 of the 3 AS resorts (Sports and Music). I thought I read somewhere on this forum that AS Movies is usually spared. Please tell me it they do not also invade Movies!!!:eek:

I don't know for sure whats going on this year, as I haven't kept up, but I know in years past, it's usually been all 3 All Stars and then the over flow usually goes to a moderate.

Joining in on this thread. We're planning a trip for December 2012.
We usually do POR but since our 2 yr old will be 3 next trip, we're doing 2 rooms, hopefully connecting, at ASMo instead! Can't wait to read & get info on ASMo & tips, etc.!!
Excited to try this resort, defiantely will be doing preferred & requesting the Toy Story buildings a my 2 yr old loves Buzz & Woody! :love:

Does anyone who has been there RECENTLY know if they have done away with the handicap spaces at the buses? I read some confusing things on the Disablilities board and want to know specifically about ASMo. I have to use an ECV at WDW due to arthritis.

No , they do still have the handicap lanes . We just left this morning and probably half of our bus trips had ecv's and or wheelchairs no them. Be prepared for the crowds. MK, EP, and HS were packed the 3 consecutive days we were there, Sunday Monday and Tuesday.

I have read about the shower curtain tip about putting one between the room and sink area, I was jsut wondering if when the rooms were refurbed if they put a shower curtain there or not. I am asking b/c someone posted to my thread asking about it that they might have oput one there. I was just wanting it confirmed. thanks:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter