Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying in March.....does anyone have any recent pics of the resort? Also, what is the chance that there will be large school groups around the first week of March? I would like to try to plan accordingly.....if that is even possible.:confused3

Joining in on this thread. We're planning a trip for December 2012.
We usually do POR but since our 2 yr old will be 3 next trip, we're doing 2 rooms, hopefully connecting, at ASMo instead! Can't wait to read & get info on ASMo & tips, etc.!!
Excited to try this resort, defiantely will be doing preferred & requesting the Toy Story buildings a my 2 yr old loves Buzz & Woody! :love:

You will LOVE :lovestructhe Toy Story buildings! We got sooo many fab pictures of our kids there. They really enjoyed walking out to see the huge Buzz & Woody statues every morning!

Question - I seen from reading through some of the posts here that you can request a particular building - we paid for a preferred room and would really like to stay in the Toy Story building as I know my kids would get a real kick out of that. Well I placed a call to Disney and they told me I can only request that at check in. Didn't seem right to me at all. Can you please share your experiences with that for me?

Question - I seen from reading through some of the posts here that you can request a particular building - we paid for a preferred room and would really like to stay in the Toy Story building as I know my kids would get a real kick out of that. Well I placed a call to Disney and they told me I can only request that at check in. Didn't seem right to me at all. Can you please share your experiences with that for me?
Call back!! That is not true....you can make a request at any time. I had to call back and make a request because I forgot. Also....just remember that you can make a request but there is no guarantee you will get what you ask for. Good luck!

You will LOVE :lovestructhe Toy Story buildings! We got sooo many fab pictures of our kids there. They really enjoyed walking out to see the huge Buzz & Woody statues every morning!

I'm a little worried! Seems the TS buildings are the ones everyone requests!! :rotfl:

Call back!! That is not true....you can make a request at any time. I had to call back and make a request because I forgot. Also....just remember that you can make a request but there is no guarantee you will get what you ask for. Good luck!

That is what I thought I will call tomorrow and put my request in! Thank you :thumbsup2

I'm a little worried! Seems the TS buildings are the ones everyone requests!! :rotfl:

Funny I was just thinking the same thing! :lmao:

This is going to be our first stay at ASM are there Irons and Ironing Boards (Mini or full size) in the rooms or do you have to call the desk and request one?:laundy:

I'm joining in on this thread! We have just switched our reservations from Pop to ASMo, due to the new AP holder discount. They were already sold out of Pop rooms and all they had left was ASMo. I hope it's nice. I know it's an older resort and I do know it shares buses with the other AS resorts. Anyone been recently? Are all the rooms refurbished now? Also, can I request the Toy Story buildings, even if I didn't pay for a preferred room? THANKS!

I heard a rumor that over the next 2 months they will be putting "cooling boxes" in each of the rooms. I haven't gotten the source yet, but if I hear, I'll post it.

I'm joining in on this thread! We have just switched our reservations from Pop to ASMo, due to the new AP holder discount. They were already sold out of Pop rooms and all they had left was ASMo. I hope it's nice. I know it's an older resort and I do know it shares buses with the other AS resorts. Anyone been recently? Are all the rooms refurbished now? Also, can I request the Toy Story buildings, even if I didn't pay for a preferred room? THANKS!

Hi,

The AS resorts do not share buses all the time. In fact, this only happens once in a while. We stayed at AS Music twice and though there were times we did share buses, it was not often at all. I believe all the AS resorts went through reburbishment recently. There're pics of the reburbished rooms here on disboards. The only non-preferred rooms are in the Mighty Ducks and Love Bug sections of the resort. But, it's not that far of a walk to the main building, even if you're assigned a non-preferred room. And if you look closely at the map, the Mighty Ducks section is very close to the main building of AS Music. So, if you're assigned a room there, you have a choice of taking the bus from Music or Movies to the parks. And vice versa. Could be an advantage on a busy day when there're bigger crowds.

Question? How long does it take (walking) from the main building at the Movies to the main building at the Music and Sports?

I may be switching to this resort from Pop, and am kind of nervous. We also have Toy Story fanatics (in fact, they were Jessie and Buzz for halloween last year) so I hope we get a TS room!

Yes - ASMo is all refurbished. I believe they finished in November - The TS rooms were the last to be done. They were in progress when we were there in Sept. 2011. No, you can't request TS unless you pay for preferred - they are all considered preferred.

good as we will have preferred rooms. Which buildings are considered preferred? Fantasia and TS only? What about Dalmatians?

I'm going to ASMo 13-19May & this is my 1st time doing so at a value resort. So I am super grateful that this thread was here. I'm a bit overly thorough, so I actually spent a few hours & read the whole thread. I really appreciated the pics. So now I'm heading over to Ms. jenseib's pic thread.:cool1:

I'm going to ASMo 13-19May & this is my 1st time doing so at a value resort. So I am super grateful that this thread was here. I'm a bit overly thorough, so I actually spent a few hours & read the whole thread. I really appreciated the pics. So now I'm heading over to Ms. jenseib's pic thread.:cool1:
I guess I should read the entire thread about this resort............;) It is hard to find a whole lot of information about this resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter