• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We stayed at All Star Movies in 2007 in a Preferred Room, I don't remember if their was a hair dryer in the room or not? Can anyone who has been there recently tell me if this is one in the room. TIA

39 More Days till our Magical Trip

:)

Yes, the rooms have hairdryers.

We stayed at All Star Movies in 2007 in a Preferred Room, I don't remember if their was a hair dryer in the room or not? Can anyone who has been there recently tell me if this is one in the room. TIA

39 More Days till our Magical Trip

:)

Yes, but very weak

I have no idea if this has been asked already, but are there lockers by the pool area? We have never been to WDW, so all of this is uncharted territory for us. TIA!:goodvibes

I don't recall seeing any lockers. The laundry area is right by the main Fantasia Pool - but no lockers.

Thinking of changing to ASMo to save $$$. We stayed there in 2005 and we were in Fantasia and loved the location. Is Toy Story section far from the pool, bus, food court. I know the little guy loves Woody but for me it is all about location. We will definitely do preferred room.

I HIGHLY recommend the TS rooms! Toy Story buildings are also a preferred room and are super close to the bus stops. We've stayed in the TS buildings the last 3 years and will be staying there again this trip. If you get off the bus and go through the food court, you are VERY close to the TS rooms.

And the best part is there is a FABULOUS playground on the path between the food court and the Toy Story buildings just pass the pool!

My son LOVES the Toy Story themed rooms and playing on the big "Andy's Room" area outside the room!

We just returned from ASMo on Sat and had a wonderful time. Just a little tip for you, if you are staying in the Mighty Ducks section of the resort, you are closer to the food court and buses at ASMusic. In the morning I just crossed the street behind the buildings and went through a walkway and I was at the Music food court. It was quicker for that "gotta have morning coffee".

We just returned from ASMo on Sat and had a wonderful time. Just a little tip for you, if you are staying in the Mighty Ducks section of the resort, you are closer to the food court and buses at ASMusic. In the morning I just crossed the street behind the buildings and went through a walkway and I was at the Music food court. It was quicker for that "gotta have morning coffee".

We were in the Toy Story buildings but that is a great tip for those at Ducks!

Unfortunately, I found the coffee there awful so was glad that I took my own coffee maker and folgers ;)

We are SO STOKED about our 1st stay at AS-Movies...and then the MNSSHP!!!!..(plus Daddy has secretly stashed a NICE Disney Gift card for Saturday at Epcot's Food Thingee!)
Snails...yummmmmmmmm. :scared1:

I have no idea if this has been asked already, but are there lockers by the pool area? We have never been to WDW, so all of this is uncharted territory for us. TIA!:goodvibes

I don't know for sure about Movies, but at Pop they have some in the bathrooms near the pool. I would assume Movies does too.

Does ASMovies have any organized activities or games for kids?

Thanks!

Yes! When you arrive they will give you a schedule of all activities and every evening they show a movie at the pool.

There was also pin trading in the lobby everyday around 5.30 when we were there last week.

We will be at ASMo in 13 days!!! Any news on refurb of Toy Story rooms? That is what we have requested. Also, do the rooms now have a fridge? I have heard rumors that they do.

Would also like to know which buildings HAVE NOT been refurbished as of today, Oct 2.

Thanks for any info you can share!:goodvibes

my fiance and I used this tip as well during our stay 9/3 - 9/10 - it was super convenient. we were so excited as we got all our requests! refurbished room, king bed, pool view... it was a fabulous trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter