• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

The Boardwalk is one of my favorite places on property, but oh my what a mess it is. The Cake Bake shop has had almost no advancement in construction since we were last there 8 months ago, the new ice cream place stinks, the brewing company closed, and the stress this puts on the remaining restaurants is unbearable. Trattoria walk up fills within minutes of opening, they used to have a trattoria to go option that no longer seems to be available or may just be filling up all pickup slots within moments, the whole food option scenario there is a disaster for what should be the crown jewel of the Epcot side. They need to give the Cake Bake shop an ultimatum time limit to finish, they are at least another 6 months out if not longer.
YES. All of this. The Boardwalk has such potential, none of which is being utilized at the moment.

More Construction Appears at Disney’s BoardWalk

Our team spotted a series of planters on Disney’s BoardWalk near Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas. The planters appear to be hiding some general maintenance or repair work to the boards.

This temporary change is likely to be short-lived, unlike the BoardWalk’s other current projects. Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas is still open and operational, so be sure to stop by for one of their delicious adult beverages.

Boardwalk Construction

BoardWalk Construction

Last edited:

More Construction Appears at Disney’s BoardWalk

Boardwalk Construction

Our team spotted a series of planters on Disney’s BoardWalk near Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas. The planters appear to be hiding some general maintenance or repair work to the boards.

BoardWalk Construction

This temporary change is likely to be short-lived, unlike the BoardWalk’s other current projects. Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas is still open and operational, so be sure to stop by for one of their delicious adult beverages.
Almost had heart palpitations thinking they were closing Boardwalk Joe's or something...phew. Don't mess with my
Captain's Seaside Sensation (dole whip with rum)!. This is always my first stop on my Boardwalk trips.

What's the closest/best grocery store, Target, or Walmart to get groceries from Boardwalk? We won't have a car, but my husband plans on taking an Uber to a store. My son and I are gluten free so it's just easier to go and see exactly what they have vs doing a delivery. Bonus points if you know which one has the best gluten free options as where we live it really varies by individual store.

What's the closest/best grocery store, Target, or Walmart to get groceries from Boardwalk? We won't have a car, but my husband plans on taking an Uber to a store. My son and I are gluten free so it's just easier to go and see exactly what they have vs doing a delivery. Bonus points if you know which one has the best gluten free options as where we live it really varies by individual store.
Target is probably closest. Think the shopping center is flamingo crossings.

Personally, I’d go to a Publix. Google maps says the closest to BW is at 7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd, Windermere, FL 34786.

Are the drink stations at the Boardwalk soda stream? We recently returned from Aulani and all their stations are soda stream and I think the coke tastes weird.

I took an Uber to this Publix when we were there last time. It was a good size grocery store and should probably have a decent gluten-free section.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/iMFWpQxNwPwmcHe88?g_st=ic

I always do a grocery stop on the way from the airport to the hotel. This is the store I go to:

Publix
Lake Cay Commons
9930 Universal Blvd., Orlando 32819

I don't know if there is a closer store if you are just leaving from the hotel.

This store does have gluten free products. You can go on the website to see what they carry, and even what aisle things are in.

https://www.publix.com/

@juxtapose
As you see, there are a number of recommendations for Publix, which has numerous locations near WDW. I’ll add that you can download their app and use it to create a shopping list. Not only will it sort items into aisles for you, it will tell you whether they’re on the left end, right end, or center of the back wall. Makes shopping very efficient. You can also create an order for pick up, which can shorten the trip considerably.

We’re staying at a 1BR villa, garden/pool view in 2 weeks. What can I expect for an in-room coffee machine?

Reviews of the refurbished rooms show a combo keurig+drip machine. I don’t know if I’ll get a refurbished room or not, so what did they have before?

Basically, trying to figure out what I should order for grocery delivery: K-Cups or grounds+filters.

We’re staying at a 1BR villa, garden/pool view in 2 weeks. What can I expect for an in-room coffee machine?

Reviews of the refurbished rooms show a combo keurig+drip machine. I don’t know if I’ll get a refurbished room or not, so what did they have before?

Basically, trying to figure out what I should order for grocery delivery: K-Cups or grounds+filters.
The old villas have a 10-12 cup drip machine that takes flat bottom filters. The new ones have the duo - 10-12 cup drip side that takes cone shaped filters plus k-cups side. I’d bring both kinds of filters, and we always bring our own coffee because we’re picky.

Windows Installed on The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk

Pairs of white window frames with panes of glass are now on each wall of the building’s tower. When we last checked on The Cake Bake Shop construction, these were still just square holes in the building.

1707056959751.jpeg
Labels are visible on the insides of the windows. The exterior walls are covered in purple Gold Bond eXP sheathing. The multiple rooves of the tower structure were recently covered in decking.

The Cake Bake Shop construction site

There are two windows on each full wall of the tower. A window is even visible on the wall that faces the rest of the building. Windows have yet to be installed on the dormer rooves or on the first floor of the building.

Crew member at The Cake Bake Shop

We saw one crew member at the top of a ladder working between the two different structures of The Cake Bake Shop. The restaurant and bakery are taking over what was once ESPN Club. It closed permanently in 2022.

Wide view of The Cake Bake Shop construction

A new doorway is being added on the tower side of the building, where there is currently a plain steel archway. This will lead to the table-service restaurant. The former entrance to ESPN Club, to the right, will lead to the bakery.

Steel frame entrance of The Cake Bake Shop

Through the steel framework, we can still see lots of exposed wiring and support elements inside the bakery, indicating there is still lots of interior construction work to be done as well.

Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs Stand Prepares for Lighting Installation on Disney’s BoardWalk

Painting continues and crews are getting ready to install lights on the Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs stand at Disney’s BoardWalk.

Rolling planters around Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

Side of Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs stand

The white kiosk now has yellow trim with some light blue paneling. A row of small holes runs around the top for future light bulbs. Behind the planters, paneling is up over window openings on the kiosk.

wdw boardwalk blue ribbon corn dogs construction 7621

There are white awnings on each side of the kiosk. Last year, blue fabric was installed over these awnings, but these were removed for further construction.

The “BoardWalk To-Go” sign was also removed and a blank space remains for a future Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs sign.

Lighting hole in column

There are also holes with wiring inside them on the front of these columns, presumably for more lighting.

Door side of Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

No paneling covers this side of the building, so we can clearly see that it has been painted yellow. The door where Cast Members enter the kiosk is white.

Back of Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs

Painting is complete on the awnings facing the water, which was still being worked on during our last construction update. It is now solid white like the other three awnings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter