Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back, March 7 - 12.

Got stuck in the much maligned Trinidad!!!! But it was perfectly fine. Did not find the walk to Old Port Royale too long whatsoever...it's a lovely stroll. And only maybe a six-minute walk to the Skyliner and had Spyglass nearby to grab breakfast when we needed it. And our room was maybe 45 seconds from the bus stop. It was really a great location and having the Skyliner here makes this a very, very attractive resort choice.
What room category are those buildings now?

Hello! We are planning our first WDW trip Mar 21-25 and have a 5th sleeper standard room booked at CBR.

Which areas/buildings have the 5th sleepers? Trying to figure out where I should put in a room request. We plan to use the Skyliner for both Epcot and HS. Is one station better than the other?

Being not too far from one of the Quick Service food options is also appealing. Is it worth requesting Trinidad with the Spyglass grill option there? Or is it too far away from Skyliner and lobby?

Also, are all buildings two stories? Prefer the top floor, but not if that means climbing 4 flights of stairs over and over again (I'm assuming no elevators).

Thanks for any insights!
We did our first stay at CBR last March and LOVED it. We had a 5th sleeper standard. I don’t remember the section, but it was either Aruba or Jamaica. It was close to both skyliner stations and a relatively quick walk to the pool and quick service. We were right around the corner from a soda machine which made mug filling super easy. I would absolutely stay there again. Have fun!

ETA: I checked out a map and it looks like I was in Aruba 51.

Last edited:

I know nothing about this resort (other than what I read here) - is it worth $40/night for the "preferred" section? Would be with 2 adults and 2 kids.

I know nothing about this resort (other than what I read here) - is it worth $40/night for the "preferred" section? Would be with 2 adults and 2 kids.
We booked standard but got preferred -- Barbados. I loved the location. It was very quick to the food area, and not bad at all to the skyliner. I'd probably pay the extra. Some of the standard looked fine, but some looked quite far away.

Ha, there we go! I figured someone would know more and correct me about the delivery. Good to know for future reference for me, thanks!!
The $6 fee is for accepting the delivery, it is not the tip if you have bell services deliver it.

I’m wondering if anyone knows what the refill drink cup options are currently at Caribbean Beach? I have read that there was an upgraded auction for the stainless steel versus the plastic. I’m just wondering if that still the case I can’t seem to find anything. And which one is the plastic one as I know there’s different types out there right now or at least there was.
Plastic only now.

Hi all! We just recently booked a weekend getaway to CBR in a preferred room. We will mostly be going to Epcot, MK and possibly DHS for our trip. Is there a particular location that we should request to be close to the main building and the skyliner? Also which bus stop is the first/last pickup point? We are super excited!!!

Thanks!

During our last stay, we were assigned to Building 33 which is a preferred in Barbados. The walk to both Old Port Royale and the Skyliner weren't bad at all. Our trip was during the Thanksgiving holidays but, even still, the bus service was good and we were able to get seats the majority of the time.

I read through about 60 pages of info, but didn't see this asked.

I am traveling with my husband who requires a mobility scooter. I know I can call to ask them to request a 1st floor room, but is there a chance that it's not granted? If so, we may just stick with POP though I'd love to give CBR a try. Also, with the multiple bus stops, does that mean we need to head to the 1st one to get on with the scooter? I know in the past they wouldn't load a scooter with guests on board.

I read through about 60 pages of info, but didn't see this asked.

I am traveling with my husband who requires a mobility scooter. I know I can call to ask them to request a 1st floor room, but is there a chance that it's not granted? If so, we may just stick with POP though I'd love to give CBR a try. Also, with the multiple bus stops, does that mean we need to head to the 1st one to get on with the scooter? I know in the past they wouldn't load a scooter with guests on board.
I believe to guarantee you're on the first floor, you will need an accessible room. You should also stay in one of the sections where the bus stops first, either Martinique or Jamaica.

Hi all! We just recently booked a weekend getaway to CBR in a preferred room. We will mostly be going to Epcot, MK and possibly DHS for our trip. Is there a particular location that we should request to be close to the main building and the skyliner? Also which bus stop is the first/last pickup point? We are super excited!!!

Thanks!
A few years ago we were in a preferred room in Martinique and were very close to OPR. From there we took the internal bus to the Skyliner or got the buses to MK and AK. I do not remember the stopmorder but everything worked fine and we were there during Thanksgiving Week 2021.

Thanks!
During crowded times there are two busses. One stops at Martinique, the main building, Barbados, and Trinidad, and the other only stops at Jamaica and Aruba. Busses back to the resort at night start in Martinique and end in Aruba. I personally love the Jamaica section for Skyliner access, but if you're in Aruba or Martinique you could also walk to the Riviera station.

What room category are those buildings now?
Standard or Water/Pool View 5th Sleeper.

But so are the other 5th Sleeper rooms other than Preferred 5th Sleeper. So it would only be a request to have or not to have one of them.

If I arrive early to my hotel driving, and just want to head straight to the parks via the skyliner but don't want to wait until my room is ready, where can I leave my car while I'm at the parks? This would be my first time doing this and I realize I've never thought about it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter