Disney's Cinemagine Park (DHS Name Change)

Personally I would prefer something I came up with myself “Disney’s Cinemagic Adventure/Park.” It isn’t much different, but I feel it’s better than Cinemagine. The problem with the word “adventure” would be 2 DCA’s

Not even in the same ballpark. Disney and Sea are words. Separate words, put together. It's a simple compound word and it works. This is like if they named it "Tokyo Disea."

Cinemagine is hard to read, hard to say, and it's weird because "imagine" doesn't start with an "e". If it did, this name wouldn't be AS terrible. When I quickly glance at the word, my brain goes to "champagne." I don't know why.

Funny, I keep reading it as champagne too. I have read before that the brain will often take unknown or nonsense words and turn them into a known word with similar letters.

I like Cinemagic or Disney’s Hollywood Adventure much better!

Imagineer isn't a real word either, but it works.

As for Cinemagine, it has a hard time rolling off my tongue without tripping over itself.

I know why they feel like they need to get rid of the "studios" part as there are no more studios, but this is pretty dumb.

Don’t like it. Why do they need to change it at all?
Well they definitely need to ditch the Studios part.

The park won't (and hasn't for a long time) been a movie studio and slowly drifted away from the park being about movie making starting in the early 2000s. The only attraction that remains that is about the "making of movies" is the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. It's sad to see that theme go, but there is no "movie magic" anymore as most of it is done on computers. Hard to be impressed by that compared to when there was giant movie sets and facades you could look at.

A new name will give it a fresh feeling .. drawing people there that had given up on it being a "half day park" long ago.

Because, basically Disney created a whole new park right on top of the old one. Two giant new lands will make DHS have more attractions and be bigger than it ever was before (because, let's admit it .. Streets of America wasn't an attraction .. it was just a giant set piece that was cool to walk around, but took up a ton of real estate at the old park.

Don’t like it. Why do they need to change it at all?

It isn’t a studio anymore. The whole idea was that it was the backlog of a Hollywood set which has been completely abandoned. The Hollywood part is alright, but I think it needs a switch. Just born Cinemagine

Cinemagic was a great show in Disneyland Paris. I saw it more than once. The show had a live actor interacting with, and appearing in, the movies shown behind him. Lots of possibilities in DHS to carry that theme throughout. I would like the name, and welcome the blending of the real and movie!

I don't like it, it's awkward to read and my first instinct was to try ánd make it French for some reason (cine-ma-jeen)

I think Hollywood Adventure as suggested earlier would be better, it ties to the current name, whilst losing the now redundant Studios part

I don't know whether I like it or not yet, I'm on the fence - but I do get what they are going for - when they are done with everything I think it will be like the ability to walk into a new immersive world (your imagination come to life) and those worlds are from movies..hence the cinema and imagine word merge. This is what sets it apart from the other parks, so finding a way to call attention to that via the name makes sense. I don't really care for "Hollywood Adventure" I think it's too close to Islands of Adventure over at Universal...I also don't have any other name suggestions :confused3

I don't know whether I like it or not yet, I'm on the fence - but I do get what they are going for - when they are done with everything I think it will be like the ability to walk into a new immersive world (your imagination come to life) and those worlds are from movies..hence the cinema and imagine word merge. This is what sets it apart from the other parks, so finding a way to call attention to that via the name makes sense. I don't really care for "Hollywood Adventure" I think it's too close to Islands of Adventure over at Universal...I also don't have any other name suggestions :confused3

I get it, I just don't like it. It's not a word amalgamation that rolls off my tongue. I would even prefer lame things like Disney Cinema Kingdom to go with the MK and AK concept rather than this odd Frankenstein of a word. I don't know. If you are going to make something up, at least make it easy to read and say. Cinemagine just doesn't do that for me.

To be fair, I work for a company that spent a small fortune on consultants to rename itself after an amalgamation of two words. It's been a bit of a running joke for the 12+ years I've been here.

I know why they feel like they need to get rid of the "studios" part as there are no more studios, but this is pretty dumb.
Universal Studios Orlando still uses "studios" in their name but the "studio" production section of the park has been long gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter