• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

trying to read through, my brain is getting a bit overwhelmed. DH and I are going to WDW for a week prior to a cruise (late feb/early march 2018), our adult children are joining us on property for Sat/Saturday night and then we will leave sunday morning for PC

unless there is a crazy great discount released, I don't feel we can justify the cost of CL for the entire week; but I'm pushing for the last three nights at CL at a MK resort. The last night our three adult children would be joining us, sharing our room. We are spending Saturday at MK, they arrive just before noon so location is important to make the most of their park day. Let me know if you have a no-brainer for this scenario....I'm leaning toward CR but i'm not reading much in the way of love of the service lately there. TIA!

trying to read through, my brain is getting a bit overwhelmed. DH and I are going to WDW for a week prior to a cruise (late feb/early march 2018), our adult children are joining us on property for Sat/Saturday night and then we will leave sunday morning for PC

unless there is a crazy great discount released, I don't feel we can justify the cost of CL for the entire week; but I'm pushing for the last three nights at CL at a MK resort. The last night our three adult children would be joining us, sharing our room. We are spending Saturday at MK, they arrive just before noon so location is important to make the most of their park day. Let me know if you have a no-brainer for this scenario....I'm leaning toward CR but i'm not reading much in the way of love of the service lately there. TIA!
CR is fine! I love the location and the monorail going through the hotel. The only thing I don't care for is the sinks.

I would choose the cheapest CL monorail hotel room you can get for the time period you want. They are all good choices. Some TAs have discounts for your time period so get some price quotes from them, don't just look at the Disney website.

Hey everyone, So my family and I are staying Poly Club Level for the first time April 2018... I was super excited to have a voicemail on phone yesterday from someone from Disney Signature Services regarding my upcoming club level stay. I was given a phone number to call in regards to assistance for my upcoming stay!!

I guess my question is in regards to this service is it basically everything I can do myself or do people utilize them to make it easier? Just curious about this and if its something I should take advantage of. ( I mean I guess I should since I'm paying for it lol) Looking for any hints, tips, suggestions, etc

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this!!! :)

Poly CL - FUN! Excellent choice, in my humble/biased opinion. :-)

Similar to what @mickeynut1 said above, DSS’s services do overlap with stuff that many would rather do themselves. But there are some things they can do that can be helpful/convenient for some folks. Here’s what I use them for...
  • Adding room requests to reservations. Otherwise I have to call the main Disney reservation line (which usually has a long wait). I like that I can e-mail these and have a high degree of confidence they are noted properly, vs a phone call where I worry about details being lost in transcription.
  • Noting any special events or anything we may be celebrating on our reservation (eg, birthdays, anniversaries, etc).
  • Booking cabanas at both resorts and water parks - Otherwise you have to call and I can NEVER remember the right recreation number. Sometimes I don’t know what day I want to do what, so being able to inquire with DSS via e-mail about availability for a series of dates helps me in my planning.
  • Occasionally I’ll ask them to make an ADR if I’m busy or otherwise distracted (otherwise I pretty much prefer to do ADRs myself).
None of the above are earth-shattering items, but the convenience of being able to do everything over e-mail is something that I personally appreciate.

Happy to answer any questions or elaborate any further.

I’m a fan of CR CL (although I’m also a fan of the GF CLs and Poly CL too, so I talk out of three sides of my mouth). Was just at Atrium Club over Labor Day weekend and had a great stay.

I like CR for a shorter stay where convenience to MK is important, which it sounds like you have here. Your dates are also at a time period where swimming might not be a top priority, which also points to CR for me (I feel the pools there are inferior to Poly and GF).

I know this thread can be overwhelming but don’t hesitate to ask questions. Lots of great folks that are happy to help.

I was hoping to stay WL CL mid April, but there is no availability. I have been checking for several weeks now. So I decided just to see when CL would be available and just started entering dates. Basically from April 6 to June 2 there is no availability. Just standard, 2 adults 2 kids, 5 night stays. Doesnt that seem odd that a two month block would be unavailable during an off-peak time? Then I did the same thing for March (peak time) and there is availability all month, including Easter. Talking standard club level not the deluxe room with CL access. Just seems odd.

That and the Sunday omelette station are among the reasons swaying me away from AK CL, where I thought we'd do the second half of a split stay next June, but now I'm not so sure...

Does the omelette station start at 7am on Sunday mornings?

Just to decrease some expectations, I would say the BWI has bloody mary's. A Bloody Mary "bar" is a very loose term. The bloody mary's are served in a carafe pre-made. Did I see some Grey Goose in the back? Yes. Could you probably ask for more..probably. But as far as a "bar", you have the pre-made bloody mary's, celery sticks, olives and balls of fresh mozzarella, there's not a ton to it. Now don't get me wrong we thoroughly enjoyed our August and Sept stays there and can't wait to go back.

Just to decrease some expectations, I would say the BWI has bloody mary's. A Bloody Mary "bar" is a very loose term. The bloody mary's are served in a carafe pre-made. Did I see some Grey Goose in the back? Yes. Could you probably ask for more..probably. But as far as a "bar", you have the pre-made bloody mary's, celery sticks, olives and balls of fresh mozzarella, there's not a ton to it. Now don't get me wrong we thoroughly enjoyed our August and Sept stays there and can't wait to go back.

Ha! I will caveat that my DW is not necessarily a Bloody Mary connoisseur, but she didn’t have good things to say about it when she was there this past Feb. Said it wasn’t a good mix and lacked flavor (or maybe alcohol?).

I’d still drink it though. :drinking1

I'm glad you posted this info, NicoleLarson. This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say! And I agree with your DW, GADisneyDad14! Definitely a disappointment.

Now the omelette bar, that's a whole different story!! That was wonderful! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter