Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We have CL at GDT in October (7-13) and I keep checking MDE because I’m assuming the NBA will boot us out of there. With the cancellation of MNSSHP today, I’m still teetering on the brink of cancellation but am curious as to where they will place us? Being in a moderate at CL is unique, will we get a bump?

We’re in the same boat, but for early August. I’ll post back here when I hear anything! The only GDT moves I’ve seen so far have been to Riviera. But nothing on CL yet.

I really don’t get why we would be moved and I haven’t seen/heard anything on it.

if So many are canceling why move us? Why not to boardwalk so at least same location.

Just don’t get it. If SAB not open would have been much happier at boardwalk

There are reports of others (4 or 5) on this board being moved as well. BC to Poly with no notice, end of August early September

most of us are unhappy. Only one Poster I’ve seen has been fine with it. They are just dramatically different resorts and locations. We stayed there once and it just doesn’t compare and that’s after we were super excited to stay there

I can imagine being disappointed getting moved from your resort of choice out of nowhere, especially if it's a place your really enjoy. It really goes to show how subjective these things are though, cause I feel the opposite! Having stayed at both, I enjoyed BC and the convenience of being there during F&W, I also have a soft spot for the Crescent Lake area because I grew up staying at the Dolphin, but I found myself really missing the Poly and the MK area in general. I did not care for the food at BC and the hallways on hallways layout (my standard room was a corner King and quite lovely but very far from the elevator). They really are two very different resorts so I can definitely see someone who really loves one not caring for the other, even though many like both and they're popular choices for split stays. I am booked at the Dolphin for Labor Day weekend as a backup plan but still hope I can book for the Poly that weekend when Disney opens up 2020 booking again. I love the MK resort area so much. If I stay at BC again it would have to be another weekend trip or a split with a monorail resort.

I hope you still manage to enjoy your trip if you do decide to keep it. I've heard nothing but good things about Poly CL from its regulars. And even without nightly fireworks or EWP, I think you can still enjoy the beach and the grounds. If anything it might be more peaceful and quiet without the crowds coming from elsewhere for fireworks, 'Ohana, etc. Try to catch a sunrise there if you can, it's still one of the most beautiful I've seen anywhere, I would put it right up there with seeing it from our cruise ship balcony on the Mediterranean even!

Wouldn't you rather get two months+ notice that you are being moved (and not outright canceled) so you can plan accordingly? Especially since the park reservation system opens on Monday and almost every other WDW resort guest (except those at DVC and Ft. W) checking in when the parks open, as of now, have no idea where they are staying or if WDW is going to cancel on them. I would rather have actual information than to continue to be in Disney limbo right now.
And that's what I'm saying. There's no control, minimal communication when going through a TA.
When I joined DVC I did so because I needed absolute control and ability to see what was going on at all times, and yet things still happen.

We have YC CL starting 7/13 booked through UT. It’s still showing as YC CL. I called UT last week to cancel after Disney posted about CL and SAB being closed. The gal I talked with said they hadn‘t been notified by Disney on CL changes and tried to talk me into keeping my reservation. She said Disney had contacted them to move people from mods. They are backed up and said it’ll take a week for them to process my cancelation. I kept checking MDE in the meantime to see what if anything updates.

We have a GDT CL reservation for December that’s still showing in MDE. If CL still isn’t up and running by then, will cancel that one too.

We have YC CL starting 7/13 booked through UT. It’s still showing as YC CL. I called UT last week to cancel after Disney posted about CL and SAB being closed. The gal I talked with said they hadn‘t been notified by Disney on CL changes and tried to talk me into keeping my reservation. She said Disney had contacted them to move people from mods. They are backed up and said it’ll take a week for them to process my cancelation. I kept checking MDE in the meantime to see what if anything updates.

We have a GDT CL reservation for December that’s still showing in MDE. If CL still isn’t up and running by then, will cancel that one too.
I have YC CL booked from 12 to 19 July. No news yet and like you I keep checking MDE. My flights have been cancelled and I am only keeping the reservation so that I can rebook for later dates.

Does anyone think the club lounge areas (particularly WL & BWI) might at least be open for sitting around? (albeit with social distancing restrictions) ...even though no food is being served there?
If you are looking for guesses I would say no because it would require Disney to staff someone to wipe down the common areas after people have left. Easier to keep you in your own room.

We were moved to the Polynesian from the Beach Club as well. The email from my TA said it was due to "a large group coming in the the Beach/Yacht Club", whatever that means! I thought it was maybe just spacing people out in the resorts. We're actually really happy about it as I could never get the Poly for that price, and it's probably my favorite resort. Wondering if the monorail will be running though, since that's one of the biggest perks for me!

We were moved to the Polynesian from the Beach Club as well. The email from my TA said it was due to "a large group coming in the the Beach/Yacht Club", whatever that means! I thought it was maybe just spacing people out in the resorts. We're actually really happy about it as I could never get the Poly for that price, and it's probably my favorite resort. Wondering if the monorail will be running though, since that's one of the biggest perks for me!
Awesome for you guys!! Would you be willing to share your dates and room type at each resort? Just trying to track if they’re moving CL to CL and what time period. Thank you!!

Enjoy!! The Poly is my fave too.

I can definitely see the monorail operating. My guess is it might be a bit slower to account for extra cleaning and sanitizing, limiting parties in cars for social distancing, etc. The great thing about Poly is you’ve got plenty of transportation options. The resort launch might be even better but maybe a bit more dicey depending on how they might limit the number of guests. Might be harder to get on it if GF guests fill the available seats first.

I am still showing BC CL Aug 6-10.
I went in to Modify my check in and it’s asking if I want housekeeping every other day or want to decline. Also, my magic band selections had been deleted.

Attachments

• 2E948A56-E290-4E6A-AA07-42EEE76B69A5.jpeg
    2E948A56-E290-4E6A-AA07-42EEE76B69A5.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 16
Awesome for you guys!! Would you be willing to share your dates and room type at each resort? Just trying to track if they’re moving CL to CL and what time period. Thank you!!
Sure, we're there for Labor Day weekend - 9/4-9/7. Just in a standard room. Sorry, I didn't actually realize I was replying to the CL thread when I responded the first time. Been stalking several threads about this trip!

Enjoy!! The Poly is my fave too.

I can definitely see the monorail operating. My guess is it might be a bit slower to account for extra cleaning and sanitizing, limiting parties in cars for social distancing, etc. The great thing about Poly is you’ve got plenty of transportation options. The resort launch might be even better but maybe a bit more dicey depending on how they might limit the number of guests. Might be harder to get on it if GF guests fill the available seats first.
That all makes sense. I just wish the walkway from the GF was going to be open. I would love to be able to walk from the Polynesian to Magic Kingdom. That was the one thing about staying at the Contemporary that was amazing!

That all makes sense. I just wish the walkway from the GF was going to be open. I would love to be able to walk from the Polynesian to Magic Kingdom. That was the one thing about staying at the Contemporary that was amazing!

Same here. They started work on it again at least and it seems to be a priority, for good reason, to help keep people off the monorail. Maybe it’ll be done by the fall.

Glad you're happy with the move. The Poly's my favorite, it's such a beautiful/relaxing resort. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Congrats on the move! I think Poly is a million times better then BC. I know some people feel the opposite but I would be thrilled with that change. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter