Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all! Getting excited for our May 2016 trip. We rented points and are staying in a Lake View Studio at BLT. Wondering if someone could help me with a few questions. I'm betting they've been answered numerous times but I've already gone through 10 out of 181 pages and didn't see my answer:

1. If I'm renting points, I can't make a room request right? How willing are renters to make a request for you?
2. My husband works for Keurig/Green Mountain Coffee and I was planning on bringing ground coffee with us. Are the coffee makers standard Mr. Coffee or do they take special pods?
3. There are a few Lake View rooms that 'sort of' have theme park views as well. While I get wanting to see the fireworks, I also see either a parking lot or tennis courts. What are your opinions on TPV vs. LV? Is it worth trying to request one of these rooms with duel views?

Thanks!

From 7 AM - 10 PM, check-in for non-ME BLT guests is at BLT:)

Thank you! :thumbsup2

Now that I'm thinking about check-in, I have a follow-up question. We are arriving at 6:30 pm, and will want to get right to MK for fastpasses & Wishes Dessert Party. I want to have some groceries in the room for breakfast the next morning, but don't want to take the time at check-in to go over to Fantasia Market. Does BLT provide the service of stocking our room with some pre-ordered items? I read an older blog somewhere that said the Contemporary would do this for a $10 fee (don't know if they still do). Would be worth it for me! :)

Hi all! Getting excited for our May 2016 trip. We rented points and are staying in a Lake View Studio at BLT. Wondering if someone could help me with a few questions. I'm betting they've been answered numerous times but I've already gone through 10 out of 181 pages and didn't see my answer:

1. If I'm renting points, I can't make a room request right? How willing are renters to make a request for you?
2. My husband works for Keurig/Green Mountain Coffee and I was planning on bringing ground coffee with us. Are the coffee makers standard Mr. Coffee or do they take special pods?
3. There are a few Lake View rooms that 'sort of' have theme park views as well. While I get wanting to see the fireworks, I also see either a parking lot or tennis courts. What are your opinions on TPV vs. LV? Is it worth trying to request one of these rooms with duel views?

Thanks!

Hi! I can only answer #1 for you. Whoever you rented from will need to make the room request. It's super easy, so they should be more than willing! Enjoy your stay!

Thanks!

I'm really interested in hearing answers to your questions as I am renting points for the same type of room. We plan to stay at the parks late, so a good view of the lake is what we're looking for. When I stayed at Riverside, I was able to successfully send room requests via fax (got corner rooms both times). I'm thinking of trying this for BLT -- unless people have had bad experiences sending fax requests at BLT?

I do have a concern that the studio rooms are the same size as moderates (with the addition of a kitchenette taking up space). Are there any lake view studio rooms that run a little larger? How would you request something like that?

I'm really interested in hearing answers to your questions as I am renting points for the same type of room. We plan to stay at the parks late, so a good view of the lake is what we're looking for. When I stayed at Riverside, I was able to successfully send room requests via fax (got corner rooms both times). I'm thinking of trying this for BLT -- unless people have had bad experiences sending fax requests at BLT?

I do have a concern that the studio rooms are the same size as moderates (with the addition of a kitchenette taking up space). Are there any lake view studio rooms that run a little larger? How would you request something like that?

Size is a concern for me too. We'll have four of us and we've been accustomed to either an off-sight 3 bedroom townhouse or a 1-bed at SSR. i'm going to be using a lot the suggestions I've read here. Shoe organizer in the bathroom, suction cup hooks for towels/coats etc, pop-up hamper.

Thanks!

1. I have never come across an owner that wasn't happy to make room requests for us
2. Standard Mr. Coffee
3. That is a person preference

When renting points the ONLY way to make room requests is via the owner.

Congratulations! I'll add your dates and are you also getting married at WDW?

Thank you for posting this, @JaimeK. I'm going to update the NEWS section with your info.

I agree with this and it's unfortunate that the monorail has become so unreliable and so crowded over the years.

I know your question was answered by @dansdad, but the photos of the pods and maker are in the ROOM chapter of the thread.

Just adding to what @FoodieFriend posted that there always seems to be a bus to DS leaving the resorts, but returning to the resorts has always taken a lot longer. Maybe this isn't the case anymore, but it used to be.

Have you looked at the BLT Room View thread to see what you might have requested?

WOW! Congratulations on booking the Hospitality Suite. If you all wanted to be in one room/villa, you might want to compare the price of the HS with a BLT 2-bedroom villa right next door. You can stay there on a cash reservation and apply any applicable discounts. BLT is connected by bridge to CR so you never even have to go outside to go back and forth. The 2-bedroom is huge and gorgeous! To fit in a 1-bedroom villa, one in your party would have to be under 3.
I didn't think there were any rooms available there but I may not have checked properly. I'm also confused about the whole Villa aspect of the reservations. When I put in our dates and party size (6 adults), the garden wing hospitality suite was the only thing that showed for the CR. We also found out today that the Bride to Be could possibly get us a CM discount on our room for at least part of our stay. It was mentioned in the Save The Date email and on theknot but I hadn't noticed. Another friend mentioned it to me tonight. I'm going to email the bride to be as suggested on their theknot information. Not sure if it's possible now that we already booked. We're very excited! I found so much useful info on this site. I've been reading everything I can to be as prepared as possible and still don't feel prepared, lol!

This is probably a stupid question, but are all the floors (except 15) open to the middle of the resort in the tower? We're staying in May and admittedly haven't spent much time at CR before, but we'll be in the 12th floor and I can't figure out the layout. I've tried perusing maps, but it's hard to tell what might be open to below on those. I would love to open my door and look down (though I am terrified of heights) and actually see something versus opening to a regular hallway. Not the end of the world either way, just curious.

This is probably a stupid question, but are all the floors (except 15) open to the middle of the resort in the tower? We're staying in May and admittedly haven't spent much time at CR before, but we'll be in the 12th floor and I can't figure out the layout. I've tried perusing maps, but it's hard to tell what might be open to below on those. I would love to open my door and look down (though I am terrified of heights) and actually see something versus opening to a regular hallway. Not the end of the world either way, just curious.

Yes, the 12th floor concierge level, often called the atrium club, is open to look down on the middle of the resort to the monorail and restaurants. The 14th floor concierge, which has most of the suites, is closed off and doesn't look down. It is a bit height conscious, both on the inside and on the outside balconies, because you're very high up.

Yes, the 12th floor concierge level, often called the atrium club, is open to look down on the middle of the resort to the monorail and restaurants. The 14th floor concierge, which has most of the suites, is closed off and doesn't look down. It is a bit height conscious, both on the inside and on the outside balconies, because you're very high up.

Thanks!! I will have an 18 month old who is a climber so I will be on high alert (I am seriously irrational about this). I want to see the monorail, but I guess maybe not from so high up. Oh goodness. I pretty much hug the walls when I'm high up. Husband refuses to not stay CL so 12th floor is non-negotiable. Maybe I should move to GF! Oh Disney phone CM's would love to process yet another resort change I'm sure.

Congratulations! I'll add your dates and are you also getting married at WDW?

Sadly no. We got married in Ontario back in October but had to delay our honeymoon due to our work schedules. My husband was busy sailing for a better part of last year.

Thanks!! I will have an 18 month old who is a climber so I will be on high alert (I am seriously irrational about this). I want to see the monorail, but I guess maybe not from so high up. Oh goodness. I pretty much hug the walls when I'm high up. Husband refuses to not stay CL so 12th floor is non-negotiable. Maybe I should move to GF! Oh Disney phone CM's would love to process yet another resort change I'm sure.

Also, the monorail view will depend on which side you're on. If you're on the theme park view side, the monorail will be running underneath you, so you won't really be able to see it looking down from the hallway in front of your room.

Does BLT provide the service of stocking our room with some pre-ordered items? I read an older blog somewhere that said the Contemporary would do this for a $10 fee (don't know if they still do). Would be worth it for me! :)
I don't know if BLT offers a service to stock your room, but did want to offer up the services of Garden Grocer if not. They will deliver right to the hotel, and the CMs can keep cold items cold until you are ready to have them delivered. We've used them multiple times, and found their prices cheaper than the resorts.

I don't know if BLT offers a service to stock your room, but did want to offer up the services of Garden Grocer if not. They will deliver right to the hotel, and the CMs can keep cold items cold until you are ready to have them delivered. We've used them multiple times, and found their prices cheaper than the resorts.

I have read many great things about Garden Grocer, but because we're Canadian, I don't believe there's any way that we can sign up with them. :sad1:

The hallways are quite wide (can fit a little more than 3-4 normal sized people across) with the side raillings about 5' high and about 1' wide. You can see the edges from a distance but not close up unless you go to look over the edge (or are really tall!) :D

Found this on YouTube that should give you an idea -

The hallways are quite wide (can fit a little more than 3-4 normal sized people across) with the side raillings about 5' high and about 1' wide. You can see the edges from a distance but not close up unless you go to look over the edge (or are really tall!) :D

Found this on YouTube that should give you an idea -

I noticed the mickey wreath was up on the contemporary. I hope that the last few years have been so they can reprepare it and put it up this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter