Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I'll be arriving on Sunday. This will be my first time at the Contemporary! I faxed in a room request to be close to the monorail due to my husband having a nasty hip injury/accident last month while training for his first marathon. He gets tired and sore quickly. I booked a garden view/garden wing room, but I don't really know what that means. Should I have booked a different room perhaps? I've never stepped foot in this resort before.

Probably a Tower room would have been best. The garden wing is about a 5 minute walk to the main building then an elevator ride up to the platform

I agree with this and if I were you, at check-in, I would explain your DH's physical limitations so they can try to better accommodate you.

I hope you have a magical first stay at CR and let us know if you have any other questions.

We're staying at BLT on a cash reservation. I know that we will have daily maid service. Will they replace dishwasher and laundry soap, as well as toiletries?

We just returned from BLT, and it was great!

When unpacking, we discovered that our two year old packed the remote from the bedroom tv. Does anyone have a contact email for management at the blt or cr? I'd like to make arrangements to return it. Thanks!

Staying at BLT in a 2-bedroom for a quick post-cruise park visit. Staying 4/29 - 5/1/2016. Does anyone know if the bell services would be willing to hold owner's lockers while we are on the cruise? We are staying pre-cruise at the Poly and was thinking of having the lockers moved to BLT when we check out. Need some things out of the lockers but wasn't sure they would hold them for the five days.

Staying at BLT in a 2-bedroom for a quick post-cruise park visit. Staying 4/29 - 5/1/2016. Does anyone know if the bell services would be willing to hold owner's lockers while we are on the cruise? We are staying pre-cruise at the Poly and was thinking of having the lockers moved to BLT when we check out. Need some things out of the lockers but wasn't sure they would hold them for the five days.

Yes they will.

Hi all! Getting excited for our May 2016 trip. We rented points and are staying in a Lake View Studio at BLT. Wondering if someone could help me with a few questions. I'm betting they've been answered numerous times but I've already gone through 10 out of 181 pages and didn't see my answer:

1. If I'm renting points, I can't make a room request right? How willing are renters to make a request for you?
2. My husband works for Keurig/Green Mountain Coffee and I was planning on bringing ground coffee with us. Are the coffee makers standard Mr. Coffee or do they take special pods?
3. There are a few Lake View rooms that 'sort of' have theme park views as well. While I get wanting to see the fireworks, I also see either a parking lot or tennis courts. What are your opinions on TPV vs. LV? Is it worth trying to request one of these rooms with duel views?

Thanks!

My husband and I are here now and have a Lake View room with a view of the fireworks, can also see the top of the Castle and Space Mountain. Book a room that ends in an 06 if you have a Studio. Looking straight out your view will be the tennis courts and the lake but when you are out on the balcony and look left your view will be of the MK.

I'll be arriving on Sunday. This will be my first time at the Contemporary! I faxed in a room request to be close to the monorail due to my husband having a nasty hip injury/accident last month while training for his first marathon. He gets tired and sore quickly. I booked a garden view/garden wing room, but I don't really know what that means. Should I have booked a different room perhaps? I've never stepped foot in this resort before.

Ask to avoid the 6xxx wing of the Garden View Rooms. They are the furthest from any other Garden Wing rooms. As others have also mentioned, just make sure your voice your opinion at check in and they will try to accommodate if possible.

Do I have to bring my own coffee if staying at CR in TPV room? If so, what kind of coffee (grounds, pods, k-cups, etc) and brand?

Hi all! Getting excited for our May 2016 trip.
2. My husband works for Keurig/Green Mountain Coffee and I was planning on bringing ground coffee with us. Are the coffee makers standard Mr. Coffee or do they take special pods?

Thanks!

We had a regular coffee pot in our BLT 2 bedroom villa last week. Note: Disney does not provide coffee filters, because the coffee Disney provides is in filtered bags. Therefore, bring some coffee filters with you, or you can purchase 50 coffee filters for $2.50 at the CR convenience store that is under the monorail on the North side of the building, 4th floor.

We're staying at BLT on a cash reservation. I know that we will have daily maid service. Will they replace dishwasher and laundry soap, as well as toiletries?

Quoting myself just to bump up my question. Hopefully someone has stayed on a cash reservation and will know. :)

I'm getting my packing organized and wondering if I need to put in these soaps.

Quoting myself just to bump up my question. Hopefully someone has stayed on a cash reservation and will know. :)

I'm getting my packing organized and wondering if I need to put in these soaps.

I have stayed at Bay Lake and BoardWalk Villas by cash and they have replaced the toiletries without me asking. I left a note asking for more laundry soap, and this worked every time.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! My husband and I are huge Disney people (go pretty much every year), but we haven't been in several years due to the birth of our daughter, and we are going through serious Disney withdrawal! We are thinking about planning a trip for spring of 2017 (right around the time she turns 3 years old), and we are considering the Contemporary or BLT due to the convenience of being on the monorail loop and even being able to walk to MK if we want. We have only stayed at value resorts in the past, so we are completely clueless about deluxe resorts! We are interested in having two rooms so that my husband and I can sleep in a separate space from our daughter, and we would also really like to have a kitchen. Am I understanding correctly that the only way to stay in that type of room at CR/BLT is to rent DVC points and book a 2-bedroom villa at BLT? TIA!

Hi everyone! My husband and I are huge Disney people (go pretty much every year), but we haven't been in several years due to the birth of our daughter, and we are going through serious Disney withdrawal! We are thinking about planning a trip for spring of 2017 (right around the time she turns 3 years old), and we are considering the Contemporary or BLT due to the convenience of being on the monorail loop and even being able to walk to MK if we want. We have only stayed at value resorts in the past, so we are completely clueless about deluxe resorts! We are interested in having two rooms so that my husband and I can sleep in a separate space from our daughter, and we would also really like to have a kitchen. Am I understanding correctly that the only way to stay in that type of room at CR/BLT is to rent DVC points and book a 2-bedroom villa at BLT? TIA!

Disney does allow some DVC rooms to become available for regular cash reservation, where you don't need to rent points. It will likely be more expensive, but you instead control the reservation, and can cancel and receive all the normal benefits of booking directly with Disney. You may not need a 2 bedroom. They sleep an obscene amount of people (9) for your family size of 3. Your daughter would end up with 2 beds and a full bathroom just for herself. There is a third bathroom as well. If you need to conserve budget, consider a single bedroom. Your daughter can sleep on the sofa or chair conversion in the living room and you and your spouse can have the bedroom.

As Quellman said, you probably will want to consider a 1 Bedroom Villa (vs a Studio or 2 bedroom Villa). The 1 bedroom villas have a separate living from the bedroom, as well as a kitchen, washer/dryer, and 2 bathrooms. The living area has a comfortable enough pull out for a child.

Bay Lake Tower will have a soft goods refurbishment April 2 - October 14, 2016. Soft goods typically consist of design materials including bedding, wall, window and floor coverings and upholstery.

~AllEars 2/2/16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter