Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks! On a somewhat related note, I read there are also some monorail closures going on currently. Our stay would be January 30 - February 2. What are these monorail closures or schedule changes?

That's perfect everybody, thanks! Looks like the monorail won't interfere too much, as we'll be there largely over the weekend.

Question.

We have reservations at the contemporary - first time staying there. We plan on hitting the MK before check in time, at rope drop if we can manage (we are Florida residents).

So I understand that we will have a parking pass for the contemporary, but will we get that early and park in their lot or not until we check in or ...??? My basic plan is to park and hit the MK and not go to the hotel until after 4pm for rest. I know there is online check in but I don't know where to park.

Thanks.

Last edited:
:flower1:We're checking in soon! Does anyone know if we can add days to our park tickets at the BLT check -in desk? Or do we have to hike over to the Contemporary?

Ok I think I answered my own question. You can check in early and leave your bags and get your check in information which probably includes your parking pass.

Two more questions: how busy should I expect the desk to be at 7:30 am on a Friday?

And: if I want to request a king bed, when should I do that and how likely do you think it is to be honored?

Thanks

Ok I think I answered my own question. You can check in early and leave your bags and get your check in information which probably includes your parking pass.

Two more questions: how busy should I expect the desk to be at 7:30 am on a Friday?

And: if I want to request a king bed, when should I do that and how likely do you think it is to be honored?

Thanks

I wouldn't expect a crowd at the front desk at 7:30am. I'd call and add the bed request to your reservation now with WDTC and then if you have it as an option at online check in you can select it then.

I didn't think there were any rooms available there but I may not have checked properly. I'm also confused about the whole Villa aspect of the reservations. When I put in our dates and party size (6 adults), the garden wing hospitality suite was the only thing that showed for the CR. We also found out today that the Bride to Be could possibly get us a CM discount on our room for at least part of our stay. It was mentioned in the Save The Date email and on theknot but I hadn't noticed. Another friend mentioned it to me tonight. I'm going to email the bride to be as suggested on their theknot information. Not sure if it's possible now that we already booked. We're very excited! I found so much useful info on this site. I've been reading everything I can to be as prepared as possible and still don't feel prepared, lol!

BLT is a Disney Vacation Club Villa, CR is not. There might not be available or you would need to choose BLT from the drop-down menu to check. If you're using a Disney Weddings or group rate, then I would assume it's only applicable toward CR, but I'm not sure how those work. Usually the host will tell you where you can book with the group discount. But, those Hospitality Suites are really pricey and have less space and amenities than the villa so I would still check on BLT as an option, but only with some sort of discount;)

:flower1:We're checking in soon! Does anyone know if we can add days to our park tickets at the BLT check -in desk? Or do we have to hike over to the Contemporary?

I thought this had to be done at the CR Concierge desk next to the check-in, but hopefully someone will know if you can do this now at BLT.

Checked in this morning. Club Level is fantastic!

Lots of people stranded here because of cancelled flights..

Glad you're loving it! All of us blizzard DISers are jealous.

Thanks

It all depends if people are leaving and if they are having issues with final billing on their accounts. It should not be too much of a hassle really. In fact the concierge service area is right there as well so if check-ins are backed up, they will assist many times as well. Enjoy your trip.

I'll be arriving on Sunday. This will be my first time at the Contemporary! I faxed in a room request to be close to the monorail due to my husband having a nasty hip injury/accident last month while training for his first marathon. He gets tired and sore quickly. I booked a garden view/garden wing room, but I don't really know what that means. Should I have booked a different room perhaps? I've never stepped foot in this resort before.

Last edited:
I'll be arriving on Sunday. This will be my first time at the Contemporary! I faxed in a room request to be close to the monorail due to my husband having a nasty hip accident last month while training for his first marathon. He gets tired and sore quickly. I booked a garden view/garden wing room, but I don't really know what that means. Should I have booked a different room perhaps? I've never stepped foot in this resort before.
Probably a Tower room would have been best. The garden wing is about a 5 minute walk to the main building then an elevator ride up to the platform

Quick question: So I'm throwing around the idea of trying to only bring a carry on and I was wondering how the in room shampoos and stuff are?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter