• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there showers and changing rooms at the main pool? I ask as we usually swim before our MDE pickup for the airport and like to shower up and change.

Are there showers and changing rooms at the main pool? I ask as we usually swim before our MDE pickup for the airport and like to shower up and change.

There are showers in the restrooms of the main pool. I don't know what the exact layout of the changing area is, as I haven't personally used the shower portion of the building. They are located between the pool bar and playground.

By June Casitas 1-5, Rancheros 6A and 7A, Cabana 8A should all be done. We are going in early September. Can I assume that at least 10/12 building will be refurbished by then?

I had also heard that the Dig Site pool will be closing in September for refurbishment is this true?

One more question. Do we know when the over the lake resturant is going to start constructions?

Yikes where did you hear the pool is closing? It’s one of the main reasons we booked CSR

I hope the Dig Site is not closing in September

Yeah, me too - the pool is why we booked this hotel!

@BrittyRo where did you hear that it might be closing?

Someone on the Dis Facebook group said but I can’t find any other sources that states it’s closing

The rumor was posted on a competing (?) FB group run by an infamous CSR webmaster. I won't name the person or web site so as not to violate board rules. But the rumor states that the Dig Site will be closing in September for a month to a month and a half for refurbishments. Nothing official announced yet.

The rumor was posted on a competing (?) FB group run by an infamous CSR webmaster. I won't name the person or web site so as not to violate board rules. But the rumor states that the Dig Site will be closing in September for a month to a month and a half for refurbishments. Nothing official announced yet.
I will be PISSED and switching to AS Movies

I will be PISSED and switching to AS Movies

I'm pretty bummed too. We're supposed to go mid October so we may fall within the supposed closure window as well. I just checked other resort availability for our dates and our options are the construction disaster known as CBR, a top dollar river view room at POR, or Pop/All Stars. I'm holding off on changing anything until an announcement is made and am considering making do with the quiet pools instead. Ugh.

I'm pretty bummed too. We're supposed to go mid October so we may fall within the supposed closure window as well. I just checked other resort availability for our dates and our options are the construction disaster known as CBR, a top dollar river view room at POR, or Pop/All Stars. I'm holding off on changing anything until an announcement is made and am considering making do with the quiet pools instead. Ugh.
This is very frustrating considering the refurbishment states the pools will not be affected. Though if I get a 50$ GC per night I might deal...

Someone on the Dis Facebook group said but I can’t find any other sources that states it’s closing

Thank you both. Hopefully the rumour is not true, but I guess we need to wait and see. As I said, we picked CSR largely because of the pool, so if that is shut then we will not be happy bunnies. I’m mentally preparing to move our reservation if the pool is shut, as that may be the final straw for us.

Is there any point in calling Disney at this stage? I suspect that they won’t tell me anything until it is officially announced.

This is very frustrating considering the refurbishment states the pools will not be affected. Though if I get a 50$ GC per night I might deal...

Pool refurbishments are pretty regular occurrences, so I would consider this separate and apart from the tower and restaurant construction. Technically speaking, it's true the tower and restaurant construction does not affect the pools.

We can all keep our fingers crossed, but I wouldn't count on a gift card offer. When that was offered at CBR, the place was a disaster with no food court, store, etc. These amenities at CSR will not be affected.

Is there any point in calling Disney at this stage? I suspect that they won’t tell me anything until it is officially announced.

I would say no, they either won't know anything or can't say anything at this point. Keep checking here as I'm sure it will be posted once its "offically" announced. Plus, I'm sure the phone lines are still tied up from free dining at this point.

I really want to book here for our one night post cruise. We have never stayed ere and want to book a resort new to us. Beg of Sept. Now this tallk of the dig site closing. No way. Wish there was a confirmation

That’s the boat I’m in! Any hope of them switching us and keeping free dining?

Doubtful. I checked briefly and CBR still had rooms at some random times I checked under free dining. But IDK which is the lesser of two evils at this point... CSR or CBR!

That’s the boat I’m in! Any hope of them switching us and keeping free dining?
This is me too! Should I downgrade to Pop? The only reasonable upgrade option for my dates is SSR. I was already uneasy with the construction and now with no pool CSR is becoming much less attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter