• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any King beds in the Standard Tower CL rooms?
Here now and asked your question at the front desk. Per front desk, there are multiple CL King rooms in both Standard and Water views. She was not sure exact amount, but there were multiple.

I asked about the booking of each type, and she thought they were a category of their own (King Standard CL and King Water CL. However, I didn’t see it that way when looking on the couple dates I saw online.

Here now and asked your question at the front desk. Per front desk, there are multiple CL King rooms in both Standard and Water views. She was not sure exact amount, but there were multiple.

I asked about the booking of each type, and she thought they were a category of their own (King Standard CL and King Water CL. However, I didn’t see it that way when looking on the couple dates I saw online.

Standard CL King is not bookable, however it seems like this is a "request" situation as some have already stayed in standard club with a king bed vs the two queens.

Nope, they are wrong about it being a booking category, no question about it.
However, I think what they do is, take advantage of a non-dedicated CL floor. So there are rooms that are Standard King (which you can book) that can be assigned as CL rooms. Flex CL if you will. Someone who books Standard King, doesn't get CL access but someone who booked Standard CL, and is assigned a King room, does get CL access. If that makes sense. It doesn't explain why they don't have a bookable CL King category but it does explain the confusion on if they do or don't have it

We're going to be at WDW Jan 3 for a short stay (third this year). I had booked Pop, where I've almost always stayed, but got a call today offering a free upgrade to CSR. The only thing I know about it is my brother stayed there a couple of years ago, and we met him there for dinner - he wasn't very happy with the resort (mousekeeping left his room door open, had some other issues). The resort is HUGE - is there parking near most of the buildings? I have mobility issues - could we end up with a long walk to the main building? Is there a food court for a quick breakfast? It's likely that hubby will go golfing in the morning, leaving me to eat and take the bus to the parks (this is what we usually do), so I'm worried about having lengthy hikes between room and bus. Are the rooms nicer than values? Bigger? Any info is helpful. I have no idea where they'll put us, although I will be calling to request a king bed room and a closer building. Suggestions for a good location?

Booked CSR for the first week of June! My daughter and I stayed here for a short trip this past summer and we absolutely loved it! Can’t wait to be back and show it to my husband and son! I requested Cabanas section which is where we stayed last time. Hopefully we’ll get it, but if not, anywhere is ok. The tower wasn’t quite done when we were there last time, so we’ll get to check it out this coming trip.

@AngiTN I’ve had friends book standard CL and get a king room. There’s also a video on YouTube by Passport to the Parks with a room tour of a standard CL room on the 15th floor with a king. I emailed DSS to request one and was advised that they were available even though there is not a specific booking category.

Just returned from a quick trip and stayed at Coronado Springs. We Did online check in and went straight to our room. We were able to park right outside the room (Ranchos). The room was immaculate. Very spacious and loved the barn sliding doors on the bathroom. We had a great AP rate. The grounds...not impressed. Just not my style. The resort was huge and just to get to lobby to me was quite a haul. I prefer the grounds at FQ and Riverside. BUT with the right price and being a quick trip just for sleeping I would stay in the rooms for sure. The great thing about Disney is there is something for everyone. CSR grounds were not for me. I did feel sorry for the guest in the tower. They were the last bus stop. Both times we rode the bus, there was no room for them to get on the bus. It was Thanksgiving week so hopefully this was not the norm.

Currently here right now, staging here for the first time! n Ranchos 6A which is almost as far from the food court and lobby as you can get, but close to bus stop 3 and the main pool. Overall liking how quiet this area is. Feels like a bit of a trek but really only 6 minutes from the El Centro stop. Rooms are wonderful especially the soft close doors. The bathroom fan motion sensor is annoying but at least there’s a button to turn it off right away.

Bring bug spray if you plan on using the bus stops near rooms, I don’t think Disney sprays for bugs that far out (stop 3 is in the parking lot basically) and I got four huge bites while waiting 10 minutes for a bus at 6pm. I was pretty shocked as I’ve never been bitten on property before. Luckily first aid has some great Benadryl gel that works so well I’m picking some up when I get home.

The buses have been a hit and miss so far which is typical based on our experiences. The first night we waited 45 minutes for a Disney Springs bus at 7pm. But we’ve had a few buses that have pulled up as we walk up and it only took 11min for a bus tonight after Epcot Forever (we didn’t fit on the first bus). So luck of the draw but definitely plan extra time, it takes around 10 minutes just to hit all four resort bus stops.

We did not have our room number with online check in and had to go to the registration but they had a lot of CMs working so we waited maybe 5-10 minutes. Forgot to decline housekeeping and didn’t notice an option in the app so we decided to just keep it for our four night stay.

Grounds are not as lush and beautiful as POR but we like the rooms way better, but I hear POR is getting a big room refurb right now. CSR feels like a steal though especially since POP has increased so much with the Skyliner. The new bridge here is lovely and sturdy and I can’t imagine it not being there, I think it cuts the walking time significantly. The entrance from the Magical Express was quite grand pulling up to Gran Destino. Lobby looks bigger in pictures and is actually cozier than I expected. We’d like to try Dahlia Lounge but I’m not sure we'll make the time.

I’m taking lots of notes and pictures for an eventual trip report but I’ll probably make another post here after we check out with my final thoughts!

Overall we are liking the resort so far! We have yet to eat a real meal in the food court so more to come on that. Beds are great and thermostat is keeping the room at perfect temp and the ceiling fan is quiet and wonderful. Wished we could have stayed in the tower but no standard rooms were available when I looked in July and I’m not sure I would have paid that premium anyways.

Chalked up another stay at Gran Destino tower (6 nights) Water View and a regular Standard View room in Ranchos (1 night).

Both rooms were great. The regular rooms after the remodel are great, but to be honest, after staying in the tower for 6 nights and moving over to the regular rooms, it feels like a little bit of a downgrade. The tower rooms are just that nice.

The lobby was decorated for Christmas. The glowing wall panels were all red and green and there were several Christmas trees spread around. Check-in was quick (4:40pm arrival), but always and odd experience. Every time we stay I do the Online Check-In, but we never receive a text/email that our room is ready. However, whenever I go up to the front desk to check-in, our room is always ready.

Per a previous discussion on this thread, on this trip they did charge my credit card early in the morning on the arrival morning for the remaining balance of the reservation. So there has not been consistency with this. I have been charged before my arrival and have not been charged until my arrival. Same credit card payment method on all reservations.

We opted out of mousekeeping and received our $50 electronic gift card via email the morning of our arrival date (before we even left for the airport). I was able to opt out of mousekeeping during the online check-in on the app. It worked great.

Our room was on the 12th floor, but were thrown off because our room number was 92XX. I just looked at the room number and took the elevator to the 9th floor. When I didn't see our room number listed I looked at the app again and it does list what floor you are on. Keep that in mind when finding your room.

This time I had a couple new experiences at Gran Destino.

Amazon Prime Now Grocery Delivery

This was our second time ordering from Prime Now to a Disney resort, but this was the first at CSR. The delivery was flawless. We ordered several drinks and some snacks, but no alcohol which I have heard you have to be on location at the time the delivery driver is there to show your ID. After I received the delivery confirmation from Amazon, I called down to Bell Services and asked that they deliver to the room. No issues, but just a heads up to everyone that there is a $6 fee for them to bring it to the room and that does not include a tip. The fee is nothing new, I believe that they started charging this earlier this year. I did have the groceries delivered to:

1000 W Buena Vista Dr
Orlando, FL 32830

Amazon Delivery

I bought a new phone the night before we left for our trip and did not buy a case/screen protector for it. Since Disney is mostly concrete I really wanted to get something on it in case I dropped it. I had ordered a pack of screen protectors and a couple of other items and had it shipped to the resort. I received a delivery notification from Amazon around 2:30pm and I went down to the Bell Services desk to pick it up around 4:30pm. They asked my name and what service was delivering the package (UPS, USPS, FedEx) and left to make a call. When they came back, they told me that that I would receive an email in a few minutes with a code on it and I would have to go to the Express Business Center to pick it up. Luckily we were in the tower because I had left my phone in the room. I trekked down to the Business Center (in the convention area) and told them I was there to pick up my package. When I showed them the email I received, they told me I was in the wrong place and I had to go the EXPRESS Business Center. The EXPRESS Business Center is located in the convention area just after you walk into it from the Rix/El Mercado area between the restrooms to the left just after you walk into the convention side.

Dining

Right after check-in, we dropped our carry-on bags in the room and we headed down to 3 Bridges. My wife and I both got the burger and my son got the tacos. Everyone enjoyed their meal. In fact, with exception of D-Luxe Burger, I thought the burger there was the best I have had on property. I highly recommend getting their fries with the dipping sauce... very tasty.

My wife did get a sangria flight that they had that night. I'm not sure if it is offered daily or not. It was a pretty fair deal as you received 4 glasses of different sangria for $21. She liked 3 of the 4, but was glad she got it.

Speaking of sangria. There is a sangria class that is now offered at 3 Bridges on Saturdays mid-day. Our server said she teaches the class and you will get to sample different types of sangria and there are some light snacks as well. At the end, she said you get to make your own personal sangria. I believe the price was $45/person, but don't hold me to that price. We did not participate as we arrived after the class ended.

Good News! In case you haven't seen yet, Tables in Wonderland is now accepted at Barcelona Lounge, Dahlia Lounge, 3 Bridges and Toledo! Although not listed, Rix Lounge also accepts TiW.

Other than the new experiences, everything else was pretty on par with other trips we have had. It was Thanksgiving week, so it is busier than other times, but that is what goes with going to WDW that time of year.

Fun Fact: A cast member told us upon arrival that there were 120 hidden mickeys on the Lobby Level and 20 hidden mickeys on the Lower Level.

Re: Packages shipped to convention resorts, your process was pretty standard, short of the email with the pick up code. I've had packages (non-food) shipped to other Convention Resorts and they too have sent me to the Convention Center Business Center office to pick them up. At BWI they explained it was part of the contract with the provider of the Business Center services. When having them shipped to non-Convention Resorts (POR when I dropped my phone in the toilet at Disney, yeah, BAD day) they came right to the check in desk in the lobby. Shipping out was the same. When I shipped something out from BWI I had to do it at the Convention Center office. When I shipped out at WL they took it right at the check in desk.

We just returned from 9 nights in Casitas building 3. We had a great time! This was our first lengthy stay at CSR and we really enjoyed the room and the grounds. Moving all of our bags and groceries up and down to the 4th floor was a little annoying but we did not ask for help and only had to do it for arrival and departure. To the poster asking about proximity to the food court, do you have a preferred room reserved? Casitas building 1, ground floor would be very convenient for you.

We used the buses more than normal this trip and we had mixed results. It was a busy week so it never surprises me to wait for a bus. It was nice to be at the first stop so we could get a seat on the way out and be the first stop on the way back.

is there parking near most of the buildings? I have mobility issues - could we end up with a long walk to the main building? Is there a food court for a quick breakfast?.... I'm worried about having lengthy hikes between room and bus. Are the rooms nicer than values? Bigger? Any info is helpful. I have no idea where they'll put us, although I will be calling to request a king bed room and a closer building. Suggestions for a good location?

I would recommend requesting a room in Casitas 1 or 2 if you have a preferred booking. If not, Casitas 4 has a nice easy walk to El Centro and the bus stop is as close as it's going to get. Perhaps you can call Disney and ask them to make note of your needs?

The rooms are bigger and nicer than values. I haven't stayed at Pop since the renovations (yet) but we were very happy with our CSR room.

I have a standard room booked at Coronado Springs in April but am thinking of upgrading to a room in the tower. The rooms definitely sound better. I’m a little worried hearing about it being the last bus stop though. Is it a relatively easy walk from there to the first bus stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter