Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys! So excited - we just booked our stay at Coronado for 6 nights in May/June next year! First time to Disney World and I literally cannot wait.. only 194 days to go… :banana:
Thanks to everyone on these boards who helped with my questions the past couple of months, I'm sure there will be plenty more to come!

Quick question for those that have stayed recently. We check in tomorrow. Just a standard room. have they been placing people in the tower? Wondering what my chances are of getting lucky.

Review from our recent visit (Nov 13-16).

This was our first time staying or even visiting CS. The resort was very nice. Definitely more of a Deluxe than Moderate. The GD tower entrance is very nice and was decorated up for the holidays. We prefer our holiday decorations to come after Thanksgiving so I didn't really do anything for us. In fact it kinda through us off since we weren't ready for this.

We got to the resort via Lyft around 2:00pm. Despite doing online checkin we still decided to go to the checkin desk. There was a short line of maybe 3 people. A CM came out with a tablet and checked us in as we sat on some chairs. She said that the room was currently being worked on but it should be ready soon. We decided to go get our mugs and grab a snack. While on our way to the shop and dining area we got a text saying our room was ready! We stayed in Casita 1 on the 4th floor.

Over all impressions of the resort were that it was a very nice resort and an outstanding value for what we paid. It has more of a convention hotel then a disney resort feel. Which is understandable since they have conventions there. It really doesn't have much of a Disney feel which was fine for us since it was just my wife and I. If we had kids I don't know if we would stay here unless it's for the price.

Rooms: Our room was a preferred with double beds. It was very nice and I like that it had a ton of USB ports and a big desk. I have no complaints about the room other then our TV didn't work that great. It was more of a software issue than the TV itself. When it worked it worked great. Love the user interface on it and how the background is the same as the wall. For those wondering, yes they have Disney+ on them however it's not the full Disney+.

Transportation: From where our room was you could either go to stop 2 or stop 1 at the tower. We only did stop 2 since it was the first pickup and first drop-off. In fact I think the bus only stopped at 1 maybe twice as we were going to parks. We were maybe a 3-5 min brisk walk to the stop. We never had an issue waiting for the bus. The longest we waited was maybe 10 minutes. I definitely think the Casita stop is the best. The ride to the parks didn't feel long at all. Great location.

Resort: The resort grounds were well kept and very nice. I liked the fountains they had all around. We did not really do much exploring of the other parts of the resort except for Casita's and GD tower. The pool area looked nice from afar. I liked the bridge across the water.

Dining: We only ate at the Market for 2 quick meals (breakfast). I like the openness of it. The first morning we ate there (Thurs) it was not crowded. The morning we left (Saturday) it was packed! We really like the snack stations in Rix Cafe that you can fill up a bag for $4.99. They have about 6-8 varieties of candy and snack/nut mix you can fill a big. I thought it actually was a great deal.

Other notes:
- The resort didn't feel that busy until Saturday.
- Definitely not as many kids as some other resorts. This is really a great resort to stay if you are without kids or don't want to be around a ton of kids.
- The resort is really quiet. Almost too quiet. I was wanting some more music playing in the common areas or buildings to go with the theming.
- I wish they had refill stations in each room area. We weren't that far but I can see it being a pain if you were far from the marketplace.
- The cast members we interacted with were very nice. Especially the Front Desk. I like that they came around to people in line asking how they could help. I had an issue with some gift cards I left at home that they were very attentive about and even remembered when I asked a few days earlier about it.

While not our favorite we have stayed at (Beach Club so far), We definitely would stay here again! It met and even exceeded some of our expectations especially for the price.

*Disney Transportation side note: I hope I don't ruffle any feathers and mean this with the utmost sincerity but the EVC's(scooters) are... let's just say the experience could be better for all. I'm lucky enough my wife or I don't need one. But we had to watch many people try to navigate putting their scooter on the bus and almost every time it was a huge process. I completely understand and I'm sympathetic to those who need them but I feel watching them that they were embarrassed/frustrated trying to get them on the bus. The bus drivers for the most part were great at handling these situations. At the end of a busy day there was often a line of them waiting to get on the bus. I believe the most a bus can fit is 2. This adds another 10-20 mins. to the process of loading the busses. We probably saw 3-4 times when a scooter driver was unable to control their scooter almost crashing into poles/bus/ramps/other people.

I don't have the answers but I wonder if Disney could figure out a better way to handle these or have a better process as we see more and more of the EVC's each trip with make. Just my $.02.

I know my sister was very self conscious when boarding a bus in her scooter while staying at BRV. She was very aware of the fact that other guests were waiting. I don’t think anyone was rude, she has always been a super sensitive person. She liked BRV a lot, especially the 1 bedroom unit. She loved eating at Sana’a and visiting with the CM’s from African countries on the lookout behind the restaurant. Boarding the busses was the issue that will prevent them from returning I think. She’s more of a beach person anyway.

Regarding bell services at CSR...we are arriving early and heading off to the parks and MVMCP...so won't be back till after midnight. How late is Bell Services open...are we able to get to our luggage that late at night? TIA

Whew. Had time so I decided to go back and read through all the posts since the Tower opened.
Man, I'll never understand why folks get so hung up on another guests bus service experience. So many posted that because X had poor bus service they are canceling their stay here. Don't folks realize that bus experience might be poor at all the other resorts? It's really all lucky (or unlucky) timing. Even another guest at the resort the same time as the bad reports could come back and praise it because they got to the bus stops right as a bus was pulling up, instead of when one was pulling away.
Now, I do see where the multiple stops can be an issue but CSR is not alone in those. We've done several of the others and it still worked out good in the end.
All in all, seems the Tower is a hit. It will always fall short of a Deluxe due to there being no balcony but aside from that, it seems great.
We check in Christmas Eve night for a few nights to try it out, then we go "home" to BWI. I gotta admit I'm "scared" a bit, we are so at home at BWI. Know our way around there like we do our home town. I'm heading to foreign territory here. It's the 2nd time we've stayed at CSR, the first not going so well but it was before any of the latest remodel, before the Tower, so I'm trying it again. We booked one other time, earlier this year but I chickened out and moved us to BWI. I'm trying hard not to do that this time. We need to branch out, LOL

I am confused on the King bed in Standard CL room question. I asked a few days ago and was told none. But reading back, I see folks reported getting one, when it was newly opened. Did the move the beds out?

Review from our recent visit (Nov 13-16).

This was our first time staying or even visiting CS. The resort was very nice. Definitely more of a Deluxe than Moderate. The GD tower entrance is very nice and was decorated up for the holidays. We prefer our holiday decorations to come after Thanksgiving so I didn't really do anything for us. In fact it kinda through us off since we weren't ready for this.

We got to the resort via Lyft around 2:00pm. Despite doing online checkin we still decided to go to the checkin desk. There was a short line of maybe 3 people. A CM came out with a tablet and checked us in as we sat on some chairs. She said that the room was currently being worked on but it should be ready soon. We decided to go get our mugs and grab a snack. While on our way to the shop and dining area we got a text saying our room was ready! We stayed in Casita 1 on the 4th floor.

Over all impressions of the resort were that it was a very nice resort and an outstanding value for what we paid. It has more of a convention hotel then a disney resort feel. Which is understandable since they have conventions there. It really doesn't have much of a Disney feel which was fine for us since it was just my wife and I. If we had kids I don't know if we would stay here unless it's for the price.

Rooms: Our room was a preferred with double beds. It was very nice and I like that it had a ton of USB ports and a big desk. I have no complaints about the room other then our TV didn't work that great. It was more of a software issue than the TV itself. When it worked it worked great. Love the user interface on it and how the background is the same as the wall. For those wondering, yes they have Disney+ on them however it's not the full Disney+.

Transportation: From where our room was you could either go to stop 2 or stop 1 at the tower. We only did stop 2 since it was the first pickup and first drop-off. In fact I think the bus only stopped at 1 maybe twice as we were going to parks. We were maybe a 3-5 min brisk walk to the stop. We never had an issue waiting for the bus. The longest we waited was maybe 10 minutes. I definitely think the Casita stop is the best. The ride to the parks didn't feel long at all. Great location.

Resort: The resort grounds were well kept and very nice. I liked the fountains they had all around. We did not really do much exploring of the other parts of the resort except for Casita's and GD tower. The pool area looked nice from afar. I liked the bridge across the water.

Dining: We only ate at the Market for 2 quick meals (breakfast). I like the openness of it. The first morning we ate there (Thurs) it was not crowded. The morning we left (Saturday) it was packed! We really like the snack stations in Rix Cafe that you can fill up a bag for $4.99. They have about 6-8 varieties of candy and snack/nut mix you can fill a big. I thought it actually was a great deal.

Other notes:
- The resort didn't feel that busy until Saturday.
- Definitely not as many kids as some other resorts. This is really a great resort to stay if you are without kids or don't want to be around a ton of kids.
- The resort is really quiet. Almost too quiet. I was wanting some more music playing in the common areas or buildings to go with the theming.
- I wish they had refill stations in each room area. We weren't that far but I can see it being a pain if you were far from the marketplace.
- The cast members we interacted with were very nice. Especially the Front Desk. I like that they came around to people in line asking how they could help. I had an issue with some gift cards I left at home that they were very attentive about and even remembered when I asked a few days earlier about it.

While not our favorite we have stayed at (Beach Club so far), We definitely would stay here again! It met and even exceeded some of our expectations especially for the price.

*Disney Transportation side note: I hope I don't ruffle any feathers and mean this with the utmost sincerity but the EVC's(scooters) are... let's just say the experience could be better for all. I'm lucky enough my wife or I don't need one. But we had to watch many people try to navigate putting their scooter on the bus and almost every time it was a huge process. I completely understand and I'm sympathetic to those who need them but I feel watching them that they were embarrassed/frustrated trying to get them on the bus. The bus drivers for the most part were great at handling these situations. At the end of a busy day there was often a line of them waiting to get on the bus. I believe the most a bus can fit is 2. This adds another 10-20 mins. to the process of loading the busses. We probably saw 3-4 times when a scooter driver was unable to control their scooter almost crashing into poles/bus/ramps/other people.

I don't have the answers but I wonder if Disney could figure out a better way to handle these or have a better process as we see more and more of the EVC's each trip with make. Just my $.02.

Great detailed review. Thanks for posting.

I am confused on the King bed in Standard CL room question. I asked a few days ago and was told none. But reading back, I see folks reported getting one, when it was newly opened. Did the move the beds out?

It's a good question and one I am waiting for an answer on because it is not a bookable category on the WDW website or on the phone.

Whew. Had time so I decided to go back and read through all the posts since the Tower opened.
Man, I'll never understand why folks get so hung up on another guests bus service experience. So many posted that because X had poor bus service they are canceling their stay here. Don't folks realize that bus experience might be poor at all the other resorts? It's really all lucky (or unlucky) timing. Even another guest at the resort the same time as the bad reports could come back and praise it because they got to the bus stops right as a bus was pulling up, instead of when one was pulling away.
Now, I do see where the multiple stops can be an issue but CSR is not alone in those. We've done several of the others and it still worked out good in the end.
All in all, seems the Tower is a hit. It will always fall short of a Deluxe due to there being no balcony but aside from that, it seems great.
We check in Christmas Eve night for a few nights to try it out, then we go "home" to BWI. I gotta admit I'm "scared" a bit, we are so at home at BWI. Know our way around there like we do our home town. I'm heading to foreign territory here. It's the 2nd time we've stayed at CSR, the first not going so well but it was before any of the latest remodel, before the Tower, so I'm trying it again. We booked one other time, earlier this year but I chickened out and moved us to BWI. I'm trying hard not to do that this time. We need to branch out, LOL

Laughed when I read this. There are many reasons why a resort could be better or worst for bus service. Internal bus service or not, does the hotel share bus service with other hotels if yes how many and so on...

Also BW is a high volume destination for visitors not staying at the BW.

But at the BW the ambitious visitor can walk to HS and Epcot.

So pros and cons to all resorts.

I'm so torn on which room type to book.
It's between the Standard CL and the Deluxe CL rooms.
Yes, the Deluxe are more money. While saving is always great, Deluxe is in the budget. So take cost off the table as a pro/con.
It's just DH and I. We would likely be around the resort quite a bit. We go often so we tend to split our time pretty equally between resort and parks.
I have read about each room a good bit but not looked at videos or photos too much. I prefer not to do that as I like to see it for myself the first time. I like the surprises.
I've switched our reservation back and forth several times. Last swap was back to Standard but now doubting myself.

Anyone stayed in both and have a preference?

I'm so torn on which room type to book.
It's between the Standard CL and the Deluxe CL rooms.
Yes, the Deluxe are more money. While saving is always great, Deluxe is in the budget. So take cost off the table as a pro/con.
It's just DH and I. We would likely be around the resort quite a bit. We go often so we tend to split our time pretty equally between resort and parks.
I have read about each room a good bit but not looked at videos or photos too much. I prefer not to do that as I like to see it for myself the first time. I like the surprises.
I've switched our reservation back and forth several times. Last swap was back to Standard but now doubting myself.

Anyone stayed in both and have a preference?

Staying for the first time in the tower over thanksgiving in Deluxe Suite CL - As far as i'm aware, the Standard CL rooms are studios, and the Deluxe have a separate bedroom.

At time of booking, standards were not available for our stay, so Deluxe Suite it was! My personal preference would always be a 1-bedroom style, i like having the separate bedroom from the living space.

Staying for the first time in the tower over thanksgiving in Deluxe Suite CL - As far as i'm aware, the Standard CL rooms are studios, and the Deluxe have a separate bedroom.

At time of booking, standards were not available for our stay, so Deluxe Suite it was! My personal preference would always be a 1-bedroom style, i like having the separate bedroom from the living space.
They are not the 1 bedroom. That's a different category. The Deluxe fall between Standard and 1 bedroom.

So what is the difference between “having” a separate bedroom and *being* a 1-bedroom?

The size and layout - you can go onto touringplans website and select each category to see where they are located in the tower.

The deluxe suites have two variations, L shaped wrapping elevators north facing of the building, and triangle shaped facing south side of buildings.

The categorized 1-bedrooms are more in the center being a rectangle spaning what looks like two studios (or slightly more).

My statements are just that both room types (deluxe suite & 1-bedroom) actually have a separate room where the bed is.

All should take advantage of YouTube, plenty of walkthroughs on every room type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter