Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we got pool/marina view, I emailed Disney to ask what longhouses we might get, and they said either Fiji or Samoa. So I'm assuming Samoa is considered pool/marina view.

About to check out of the Poly and head to BC. We were only here one night but it’s been amazing. We got an awesome upgrade to club level theme park view! We got our room about noon yesterday, and spent the day enjoying both pools and the lounge. We watched fireworks from our balcony last night. We were planning on GF for our Labor Day trip but now I’m rethinking Poly! I’ll post some photos when I get home, I’m not sure how to resize them on my phone.

Question - we are booked in a standard view room. As every one else requests, I'd like a 3rd floor balcony or first floor patio. The unusual part is my son is on the spectrum and obsessed with the monorail so we actually WANT a monorail view room.

For those that have had one, is it particularly noisy? Which would be better noise-wise, 3rd floor or first? Any recommendations? (other than keeping the curtains closed at night to prevent providing a show to the monorail riders)

I keep forgetting to post this but @bluejasmine reminded me. This was my storage solution in a studio last month. I used 2 hanging closet organizers, one for each kid. It worked out really great. Their suitcases fit stacked on top of each other under the organizers. My DH and I each took a drawer in the bed and we stored our suitcases in the open area under the bed. It all worked out really well and I felt very organized!
That's brilliant! I'll definitely do this for my grandson! I don't bend well so the drawers are a little daunting to me. Would you say there was plenty of hanging room left? DH and I hang most of our clothes. Years ago I would organize my own kids supplies in the over the door hangers, the last two trips with our grandson they didn't fit the doors. Your hack is perfect, he has a lot of creams and meds, if I don't stay organized then I'm chasing my tail trying to keep him taken care of!

Question - we are booked in a standard view room. As every one else requests, I'd like a 3rd floor balcony or first floor patio. The unusual part is my son is on the spectrum and obsessed with the monorail so we actually WANT a monorail view room.

For those that have had one, is it particularly noisy? Which would be better noise-wise, 3rd floor or first? Any recommendations? (other than keeping the curtains closed at night to prevent providing a show to the monorail riders)
Aotearoa is a favorite longhouse of many Poly guests. I prefer the 3rd floor since the 2nd floor rooms don't have a balcony. On the South side is one of the best Standard view areas on property with great views of the Monorails gliding past the building. There is really no noise from the Monorails but part of the building is near the Luau Cove so the music can be a little loud until after the dinner show is over in the evenings.

Dave

Last edited:

We just stayed in Rarotonga 3rd floor facing the Monorail last week and my 5 year old son (who loves the Monorail) said it was his favorite room at the Poly ever!! We had the curtains and the door open daily and it was not noisy to us but given his excitement and calling out every color Monorail that passed I'm not sure that we would have noticed :-)

We just stayed in Rarotonga 3rd floor facing the Monorail last week and my 5 year old son (who loves the Monorail) said it was his favorite room at the Poly ever!! We had the curtains and the door open daily and it was not noisy to us but given his excitement and calling out every color Monorail that passed I'm not sure that we would have noticed :-)
That’s adorable.

I'm pretty sure that is what our son will do. I'm actually a little nervous that he'll want to sit on the balcony and watch the monorail all day and not want to go to the parks! :rotfl2:

I'm pretty sure that is what our son will do. I'm actually a little nervous that he'll want to sit on the balcony and watch the monorail all day and not want to go to the parks! :rotfl2:
You can always get him to go by taking him on the monorail to the parks. It's fun to watch them, but even more fun to ride on them. Then again, he might want to ride the resort loop over and over again. Good luck!

We ended up adding on to our stay next week and opted to add 2 nights at Poly, CL.

We had a great room for our Poly stay.
Rarotonga, room Room 1820
Here's a map to the room layout
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...[sound]=&filters[balcony]=any&date=2018-06-28
And the resort lay out
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-polynesian-resort?commit=&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[balcony]=any&filters[floors]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[rate_date]=06/28/2018&filters[sound]=&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=any
It faces the monorail, has a first floor patio. There was zero noise from the monorail, or guests, or anything.
Go out one end of the building and you are right at the walkway to the bus stop
Go out the other end of the building and you have a covered walkway to the lobby building. Great for rainy times. And that means you aren't all that far from the pool either.
In my opinion, this is the ideal building, because of the proximity to everything AND you can get to the lobby without getting out in the rain.

About to check out of the Poly and head to BC. We were only here one night but it’s been amazing. We got an awesome upgrade to club level theme park view! We got our room about noon yesterday, and spent the day enjoying both pools and the lounge. We watched fireworks from our balcony last night. We were planning on GF for our Labor Day trip but now I’m rethinking Poly! I’ll post some photos when I get home, I’m not sure how to resize them on my phone.

What an amazing upgrade! Glad you enjoyed the Poly. Hope the rest of your trip at the BC is just as great :goodvibes.

2 more days! BC has been great this week, but looking forward to our 1st Poly stay! Hopefully our room will be ready when we switch over late morning.

Glad you had a great time at the BC! The Poly is our favorite, we love everything about it! Hope you have a great time. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip when you return :).

Hi I had a Standard View on my January Trip for my Daughter's Sweet Sixteen. We were in Aotearoa which was a great location. We ended up with a monorail view and a 3rd floor balcony. I unfortunately don't remember the room number but it wasnt far from the stairs and elevator. It was pretty cold in January so we kept the balcony door closed most of our stay. We never was disturbed by the monorail in fact I usually only knew one had passed from the shadow in the curtains if I looked through.

Here's a link to my IG page where I took a video of the monorail passing by the room the 1st day we got there:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeDfTr0Fc79/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=wqkk66uowicv

It's the 5th slide in the photos.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
That's brilliant! I'll definitely do this for my grandson! I don't bend well so the drawers are a little daunting to me. Would you say there was plenty of hanging room left? DH and I hang most of our clothes. Years ago I would organize my own kids supplies in the over the door hangers, the last two trips with our grandson they didn't fit the doors. Your hack is perfect, he has a lot of creams and meds, if I don't stay organized then I'm chasing my tail trying to keep him taken care of!
There was definitely a decent amount of hanging room left. If you only have 1 closet organizer I think you'll be fine!! There's not a ton of hangers so I would bring some extra. I wonder if you can request extra hangers?

DW and I just received a discount code for this holiday season and are looking into staying at Poly. Is it true that the only King rooms Poly has are standard view only? I was just curious because we will not be going to the parks and would like to have a nice view in our room, but the double queen bed rooms are a deal breaker for DW. Also for those who have stayed in a King bed room, what should I be requesting when contacting Disney about room requests. We would want something on the 3rd floor that does not have a parking lot view.

There was definitely a decent amount of hanging room left. If you only have 1 closet organizer I think you'll be fine!! There's not a ton of hangers so I would bring some extra. I wonder if you can request extra hangers?
. Thanks very much for the information!!

We ended up adding on to our stay next week and opted to add 2 nights at Poly, CL.

We had a great room for our Poly stay.
Rarotonga, room Room 1820
Here's a map to the room layout
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...[sound]=&filters[balcony]=any&date=2018-06-28
And the resort lay out
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-polynesian-resort?commit=&filters[accessibility]=any&filters[balcony]=any&filters[floors]=any&filters[lobby_distance]=any&filters[rack_rate]=any&filters[rate_date]=06/28/2018&filters[sound]=&filters[transportation_distance]=any&filters[ug]=&filters[view]=any
It faces the monorail, has a first floor patio. There was zero noise from the monorail, or guests, or anything.
Go out one end of the building and you are right at the walkway to the bus stop
Go out the other end of the building and you have a covered walkway to the lobby building. Great for rainy times. And that means you aren't all that far from the pool either.
In my opinion, this is the ideal building, because of the proximity to everything AND you can get to the lobby without getting out in the rain.
thanks for that info. My girls are working me hard for the deluxe meal plan and The Poly for our 2021 trip so I am already researching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter