Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw some posts or info somewhere not too long ago that the MB scanners had been removed and/or turned off from the Oasis Pool. FWIW, that hasn’t been the case this trip. Both pools require MB access at all gates.

This is a gate at the Oasis Pool, which has the same hours pretty much all year round if I’m not mistaken. Lava Pool summer hours are 9am-11pm.
96A4CF8D-FC80-457A-9336-CB83A0CE0097.jpeg

Something that doesn’t get discussed much. The special fireworks they do on 7/3 and 7/4 (and 12/30 & 12/31) requires Resort Launch boat traffic to be held around fireworks time.

I assume this is because they shoot fireworks off from the island in the middle of the lagoon and the boat path is in the fallout area and they need to get the EWP barges out of the way. (I don’t know that for sure, just an assumption on my part)

Anyway, warning sign on the dock:

8633C7AC-89DA-4E90-8D18-72156ECD9731.jpeg

Fireworks are at 9:15pm. Last night at least, they didn’t let the boat leave the dock until 9:53pm. Show ends around 9:30pm. Ouch. There were people sitting on the boat just waiting for quite awhile.

Also held until 9:53pm were various fireworks cruises and such.

Anyway, point being - plan ahead if you’re traveling by boat on special nights!

Something that doesn’t get discussed much. The special fireworks they do on 7/3 and 7/4 (and 12/30 & 12/31) requires Resort Launch boat traffic to be held around fireworks time.

I assume this is because they shoot fireworks off from the island in the middle of the lagoon and the boat path is in the fallout area and they need to get the EWP barges out of the way. (I don’t know that for sure, just an assumption on my part)

Anyway, warning sign on the dock:

View attachment 334722

Fireworks are at 9:15pm. Last night at least, they didn’t let the boat leave the dock until 9:53pm. Show ends around 9:30pm. Ouch. There were people sitting on the boat just waiting for quite awhile.

Also held until 9:53pm were various fireworks cruises and such.

Anyway, point being - plan ahead if you’re traveling by boat on special nights!

The line for the boat, around 5:30pm...

4EFEBBC1-E1F3-4489-A859-BFE9FCD6D4B2.jpeg

The line for the boat, around 5:30pm...

View attachment 334725
This makes me nervous. We have a 5:30pm reservation at Narcoossees on our 25th wedding anniversary. We were planning on taking the resort launch there. (We also have a fireworks cruise reserved for that night.) What time would you recommend we line up in order to get a seat on the launch for our reservation? Unless my knee gets worse on vacation, I'm not planning on bringing my wheelchair which I reserved mainly to help with all of the walking in the parks.

This makes me nervous. We have a 5:30pm reservation at Narcoossees on our 25th wedding anniversary. We were planning on taking the resort launch there. (We also have a fireworks cruise reserved for that night.) What time would you recommend we line up in order to get a seat on the launch for our reservation? Unless my knee gets worse on vacation, I'm not planning on bringing my wheelchair which I reserved mainly to help with all of the walking in the parks.

Do you have it for tonight? If not, that like is not the norm!! It was the special fireworks and I guess everyone wanted a front row seat!!

The monorail was down a lot of yesterday evening. I think that probably contributed to that crazy boat line. Though night for the monorail to be down, for sure. :scared1:

Yes! Wow I didn’t know it was still down! We were on it when it broke down at the T&TC, had to walk back here. That was around noon.

Which bar has that? Is it the one in Ohana? It’s on our ‘to do’ list today! Thank you!!

Yes, Tambu Lounge in front of Ohana.

I believe any Poly bar can/will make the Lapu Lapu drink, but you can only get it in a pineapple at Tambu (not 100% certain about that though).

One can also order a Lapu Lapu at Tambu without the pineapple and save a few bucks, but it’s not nearly as fun. :-)

I believe any Poly bar can/will make the Lapu Lapu drink, but you can only get it in a pineapple at Tambu (not 100% certain about that though).

One can also order a Lapu Lapu at Tambu without the pineapple and save a few bucks, but it’s not nearly as fun. :-)

You can get it with the Pineapple at Kona as well.

Thank you so much, as always, you are very helpful!!!! :darth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter