Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY!! :yay:

I kept searching and was able to find a room at Pop for our last minute trip next weekend so I switched from ASMu. Strangely enough I had to reserve one night at a time, even though it was the same room type. So now I just have to call and have them merged and request a renovated room! So excited to go back to Pop! :woohoo:

Are the preferred rooms not refurbished yet? My son and I will be going next month. I got the preferred room because I needed a roll in shower room and those are only available with king beds but of course my son doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as his mom...sigh. We will bring an air mattress and he will sleep on that. I know we will have enough room in the old room but not sure with the new room. Its making me nuts. I would switch resorts but the week I'm going it seems all assesible rooms on property are booked.

Its just so frustrating.

Are the fridges in the rooms true fridges or more of coolers? Hoping to pick up yogurts and cheeses but worried about spoiling.

Are the fridges in the rooms true fridges or more of coolers? Hoping to pick up yogurts and cheeses but worried about spoiling.

Dunno about the old rooms, but if you get a refurb room they seem like real mini-fridges. Put a slice of (hot) pizza in there overnight and had cold pizza the next morning for breakfast. Also put in mini cheesecake, cupcakes that had melted after carrying them 1.5 hours through Epcot/bus ride back to Pop, and a salad. All stayed cold -- or in the case of the cupcakes, became cold. Oh, and kept two 20-oz bottles of water in there, sometimes from warm or room temp -- always cold when taken back out.

Would think yogurt and cheese would do just fine!

All rooms have fridges. I remember the ones in the pre-refurb rooms almost kept things too cold as they sometime froze things I didn't want frozen.

Are the preferred rooms not refurbished yet? My son and I will be going next month. I got the preferred room because I needed a roll in shower room and those are only available with king beds but of course my son doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as his mom...sigh. We will bring an air mattress and he will sleep on that. I know we will have enough room in the old room but not sure with the new room. Its making me nuts. I would switch resorts but the week I'm going it seems all assesible rooms on property are booked.

Its just so frustrating.

I think they have only done Standard rooms as of right now.

Hoping to pick up yogurts and cheeses but worried about spoiling.
Don't.:)

(The below was at All-Star Sports,but all WDW fridges will get COLD now to my knowledge.)

27740674594_104c4b9788_c.jpg

28074373550_225c57ea30_c.jpg

Well I know I am in the minority but I didnt love the new rooms. I requested one and got 80's section with a garden/bus view. The location was great, just cross the parking lot and we were at the bus stop and main building. However our room was just ok. Our bathroom vanity light fell out of its casing 3 times. We called twice, they came once but it never got fixed. The makeup mirror was broken too but they said they couldnt fix it because they didnt have any more mirrors? The pull down bed does take all the floor space so a air matress is not possible for anyone looking to add a bed. The wood platform for the pull down bed comes out a few inches farther than the regular bed and all 4 if us banged our legs on it at different times. The bathroom cabinets had alot of storage but I missed the long clothes rod they used to have. We hang up our stuff and hang some clothes to dry but there was not enough room. I prefer a shower curtain to the bathroom sliding glass door. It wasnt a big deal for us. We are 2 adults, 2 teens but I thought of younger families how hard it would be to bathe little ones. It must also be harder for housekeeping to clean. I dont know. I was really looking forward to the refurb. Thats just me. The reason I am posting is that we just came home from a quick 4 day trip to catch F&W and MNSSHP where we stayed at ASSports. Although that room was older it just fit my family better. The staff there was also above and beyond. Pop pretty much said deal with the dangling light fixture over your sink. Lol!! Just my 2 cents.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the room too much but found another resort that better meets your needs. I'm glad that Disney offers a variety of resorts so that each family can choose what works best for them.

I missed the long clothes rod they used to have. We hang up our stuff and hang some clothes to dry but there was not enough room.

Were you aware that there is a section of the rod that can be extended outside the cupboard, basically doubling the amount of hanging space. It extends in front of the ironing board.

Just wanted to mention it in case you choose to stay at Pop again and want to maximize hanging space.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the room too much but found another resort that better meets your needs. I'm glad that Disney offers a variety of resorts so that each family can choose what works best for them.

Were you aware that there is a section of the rod that can be extended outside the cupboard, basically doubling the amount of hanging space. It extends in front of the ironing board.

Just wanted to mention it in case you choose to stay at Pop again and want to maximize hanging space.
Yep, but its still way shorter than the rods at the other values. It wasnt a deal breaker but it did add anything if that makes sense. :)

Has anyone been recently and felt the mosquitoes were bad at Pop? I know they've been bad since the hurricane but mostly heard of people complaining about sitting on their balcony overlooking the water, which I wasn't concerned about at Pop. But then I read in another thread that people got bit up bad at Pop just walking to their room and they had them in their room. I'm pregnant so I can't slather on deet. I'm hoping they aren't too bad.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but it's our first time staying at Pop. I'm not sure if we'll get a renovated room or not, but I'm worried about bath time for our toddler in the new tubs because of the sliding door. Has anyone had any problems with this or have any suggestions? Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but it's our first time staying at Pop. I'm not sure if we'll get a renovated room or not, but I'm worried about bath time for our toddler in the new tubs because of the sliding door. Has anyone had any problems with this or have any suggestions? Thanks!
It would be harder to bathe a child in the tubs with the sliding glass door.

The wood platform for the pull down bed comes out a few inches farther than the regular bed and all 4 if us banged our legs on it at different times.

The first night we were in the new room, we found that the color of the floor and the color of the bed were so close together that in our peripheral vision, we didn't see the bed corners. So after I unpacked a 12-pack of soda into the fridge, I tore one end of the bright green box into two corners and used my bag clips to clip them to the bed corners. We didn't have any issues after that. It was easy to unclip it in the morning, and re-clip at night, and since the bag clips had rubber surfaces, no damage to the bed.

Well I know I am in the minority but I didnt love the new rooms. I requested one and got 80's section with a garden/bus view. The location was great, just cross the parking lot and we were at the bus stop and main building. However our room was just ok. Our bathroom vanity light fell out of its casing 3 times. We called twice, they came once but it never got fixed. The makeup mirror was broken too but they said they couldnt fix it because they didnt have any more mirrors? The pull down bed does take all the floor space so a air matress is not possible for anyone looking to add a bed. The wood platform for the pull down bed comes out a few inches farther than the regular bed and all 4 if us banged our legs on it at different times. The bathroom cabinets had alot of storage but I missed the long clothes rod they used to have. We hang up our stuff and hang some clothes to dry but there was not enough room. I prefer a shower curtain to the bathroom sliding glass door. It wasnt a big deal for us. We are 2 adults, 2 teens but I thought of younger families how hard it would be to bathe little ones. It must also be harder for housekeeping to clean. I dont know. I was really looking forward to the refurb. Thats just me. The reason I am posting is that we just came home from a quick 4 day trip to catch F&W and MNSSHP where we stayed at ASSports. Although that room was older it just fit my family better. The staff there was also above and beyond. Pop pretty much said deal with the dangling light fixture over your sink. Lol!! Just my 2 cents.
Can I ask what room number you were in? I'd like to remove that one from my TP fax room selections as it sounds like it has issues! Thanks!

Has anyone been recently and felt the mosquitoes were bad at Pop? I know they've been bad since the hurricane but mostly heard of people complaining about sitting on their balcony overlooking the water, which I wasn't concerned about at Pop. But then I read in another thread that people got bit up bad at Pop just walking to their room and they had them in their room. I'm pregnant so I can't slather on deet. I'm hoping they aren't too bad.

I was there for almost two weeks (9/12-9/23) and did not have any issues with mosquitoes. No one in our traveling party did. There was a lot of standing water when we checked in on the 12th, but they must have pumped it out, because I noticed a day or two later that where the standing water had been it was now dry as a bone. The thing I noticed was wasps. I saw a guy get stung on the arm near the food court, and there were wasps hanging out around the stairs near my room to the point I wouldn't use the stairs. I have wasp issues at my house as well, so I know it's hard to keep on top of them (my sister got stung cleaning up hurricane debris at the house), but I didn't see a single mosquito.

I was there for almost two weeks (9/12-9/23) and did not have any issues with mosquitoes. No one in our traveling party did. There was a lot of standing water when we checked in on the 12th, but they must have pumped it out, because I noticed a day or two later that where the standing water had been it was now dry as a bone. The thing I noticed was wasps. I saw a guy get stung on the arm near the food court, and there were wasps hanging out around the stairs near my room to the point I wouldn't use the stairs. I have wasp issues at my house as well, so I know it's hard to keep on top of them (my sister got stung cleaning up hurricane debris at the house), but I didn't see a single mosquito.
Thank you!!

Yep, but its still way shorter than the rods at the other values. It wasnt a deal breaker but it did add anything if that makes sense. :)

This is my biggest concern, the small closet. We usually stay for 10-12 days. I bring 40 wire hangers and hang all of mine and DH's clothes. For the kids, I use a 6 shelf hanging closet organizer. The three drawer dresser usually holds our undies, pjs and swimsuits. I don't know how a renovated room would work for us.

I've requested a renovated room for our Feb trip. It's only two of us so storage isn't a concern. But I'm curious to check out the room and see how it would work for a family of four on a long vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter