Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attempting to select room requests online for our 11/1 arrival. Both drop down menus are blank. There are no options.

Is this a common issue? Should I just call in my requests?

Very common issue that I have heard solved in a couple of ways. What worked for me was doing it in incognito mode others have said they need to accept the terms and conditions.

Attempting to select room requests online for our 11/1 arrival. Both drop down menus are blank. There are no options.

Is this a common issue? Should I just call in my requests?

I have been having that problem too so I had my agent call in my requests. I also will be using Touring Plans to fax in the exact same requests.

Well, tried the suggestions to fix the room request selections not showing up. Incognito mode nor checking the agree to terms and conditions and going back in didn't work. Still blank saying "select". I have mine called in so not a huge deal, I'll keep checking back with it. I'm also doing the touring plans fax, so I think I'm covered anyways.

Just got back 3 days ago - a few thoughts

We had requested an 80s or 90s room and received a renovated room - they are great - I really recommend them. Even the big screen tv is HD, and there is so much room to store stuff. There were usually at least 20-30 crew members working on building 10 (70s), probably more, even on Saturday. I don't know if they were working Sunday.

As others have said, there is no longer scooped ice cream in the food court. If you are looking at the 4 stations, the first on the left has soft serve ice cream, soft serve sundaes, an all day breakfast platter (beware, the food can be cold or dry by nighttime - my daughter who is a vegetarian got one without meat for dinner but did not eat half of it - been under a heat lamp too long)and all day Mickey waffles. That is all throughout the day, so there is basically only 3 stations to choose from. They have not changed the music, or the cartoons playing near the bus stops.

There is a huge construction project going on down the street at the ESPN Wide World of Sports corner which holds up the buses a bit in the morning. It is a drainage, bridge building project on all four corners. It looks as they are possibly building a bypass/access road, possibly to Hollywood Studios. There is also a lot of road construction off to the side at MK.

I had not been there for almost 2 years and was shocked to see armed police, police dogs and to have to go through metal detectors. You knew it was coming, but still hate to see it.

We had requested an 80s or 90s room and received a renovated room - they are great - I really recommend them. Even the big screen tv is HD, and there is so much room to store stuff. There were usually at least 20-30 crew members working on building 10 (70s), probably more, even on Saturday. I don't know if they were working Sunday.

As others have said, there is no longer scooped ice cream in the food court. If you are looking at the 4 stations, the first on the left has soft serve ice cream, soft serve sundaes, an all day breakfast platter (beware, the food can be cold or dry by nighttime - my daughter who is a vegetarian got one without meat for dinner but did not eat half of it - been under a heat lamp too long)and all day Mickey waffles. That is all throughout the day, so there is basically only 3 stations to choose from. They have not changed the music, or the cartoons playing near the bus stops.

There is a huge construction project going on down the street at the ESPN Wide World of Sports corner which holds up the buses a bit in the morning. It is a drainage, bridge building project on all four corners. It looks as they are possibly building a bypass/access road, possibly to Hollywood Studios. There is also a lot of road construction off to the side at MK.

I had not been there for almost 2 years and was shocked to see armed police, police dogs and to have to go through metal detectors. You knew it was coming, but still hate to see it.
I did see a lot of road work everywhere too. Seems like a lot more over passes are going up. With the rumor of a sit down restaurant going in at one of the all stars, it seems like, except for the rooms being done, PoP doesn't get much done in the way of the canteen. But I think that is the last thing that is supposed to be done on the Reno project. I mean AoA is almost a mirror of PoP and theirs is so much nicer, and their stations are better. I hope to see that at PoP soon.

Thanks for the report! I hate that the scooped ice cream is gone, bummer. I had not heard about the all day breakfast station, that is cool! Sorry they were dry. I would not mind mickey waffles during the day haha! Did you daughter try the waffles? I was wondering how they were that late in the day.

I'm not a huge fan of Pop's food stations' offerings, they are okay and better than what we had a the All Stars. We really like AoA's food court. And with all the reports on here about Pop not letting substitute the drink for dessert when you have your mug (like AoA has still been doing) we will probably go over to AoA if we eat dinner at the resort. We mostly eat in the parks though, so not a huge concern.

Is the bridge still open between POP and AoA? I like to alternate eating at both resorts and using whichever bus arrives first but ONLY if the bridge is still open.

Is the bridge still open between POP and AoA? I like to alternate eating at both resorts and using whichever bus arrives first but ONLY if the bridge is still open.

Yes, the bridge is still open. There is a wall that extends across the length of the bridge so that all foot traffic is kept to one side of the bridge but it has not been reported that it is closed.

Just wondering if the option to opt out of mousekeeping is still on offer at pop as we'll be arriving from England tomorrow. If so, how do you go about getting fresh towels, just by asking reception?

Just wondering if the option to opt out of mousekeeping is still on offer at pop as we'll be arriving from England tomorrow. If so, how do you go about getting fresh towels, just by asking reception?

Call housekeeping for towels. We found it easier to just swing by the pool and grab towels from there each day.

For those who opted out of housekeeping, what about your trash? Did they collect trash or give you extra bags for those tiny cans?

For those who opted out of housekeeping, what about your trash? Did they collect trash or give you extra bags for those tiny cans?

We did NOT opt out of housekeeping. However, for some reason, we only received it a handful of days out of our ten day stay. It was fine, I didn't complain. It just was just odd. Perhaps we were in the room during their cleaning time? I don't know. I did manage to get extra towels by the pool and toss garbage out in the trash, also by the pool.

I personally think this "opting out" option is screwing up traditional housekeeping. Either they are cutting staff hours or confusing who's opted in or out, it just wasn't normal housekeeping as it used to be.

I never complained. It didn't ruin my trip. The housekeeping schedule was just off.

When they did clean the room, it was fine. We just never knew when that would be.

Oh towels are available after the pool closes at the front desk.

We also saw baskets of towels near the end of the check in desk.

We noticed the baskets at other resorts too.

(With four people in a room and kids who love their pool time, we go through a lot of towels!)

I think we may be the only one's who were not thrilled with the renovated rooms. :( We stayed in building 9 last week. The beds were comfy, but the pull down takes up a LOT of space, and leaves you with tiny nightstands. I liked having the extra storage space in the sink area, but there isn't enough space for more than one person at a time - whereas the old room I could do my hair while DH brushed his teeth. I liked the glass door in the bathtub, but it doesn't leave a whole lot of elbow room. I loved the lighting though, hotel rooms are always so dark. It's not a bad remodel, just a few nitpicky things. lol That and we had no water on Friday morning, so that kind of put a bad taste in my mouth.

... an all day breakfast platter (beware, the food can be cold or dry by nighttime ... been under a heat lamp too long)and all day Mickey waffles.
Were the Mickey Waffles also under the lamp or made fresh on request? I would not mind having an arrival day first meal of fresh Mickey waffles.:earseek:

As others have said, there is no longer scooped ice cream in the food court.

Darn! One of the best deals was a real ice cream milk shake at Pop, complete with chocolate syrup swirled inside the cup and whipped cream on top. As good as Ghiradellis and a lot cheaper.

Also, if you end up in a non-reno room, can you request a coffee maker?

Darn! One of the best deals was a real ice cream milk shake at Pop, complete with chocolate syrup swirled inside the cup and whipped cream on top. As good as Ghiradellis and a lot cheaper.

Also, if you end up in a non-reno room, can you request a coffee maker?
No, my understanding is that only the renovated rooms have coffee makers and they are not available to other rooms upon request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter