Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wont be staying at POP until December so plenty of time to get my requests in order and I am thinking that the room renovation should be completed by then (fingers crossed) but I'm just wondering if there is an area that we need to avoid with the gondola construction. Any thoughts?

We wont be staying at POP until December so plenty of time to get my requests in order and I am thinking that the room renovation should be completed by then (fingers crossed) but I'm just wondering if there is an area that we need to avoid with the gondola construction. Any thoughts?
Personally, I don't believe it will be a problem. I have not heard any complaints from those staying at Pop about noise being an issue and right now they're driving the pilings. In my thoughts if there was going to be concerns it might be now but doesn't seem to be. We are arriving in 3 days and if my regular area was refurbished (60's lakeview, building 4) I would have no problems at all requesting those rooms.

I order a case of water from Staples.com for $8.99. If you sign up for their free rewards program, you get free shipping. I place the order one week from check in.

I prefer to order from Staples as we don't like Florida spring water. Staples ensures we can receive a case of Dasani or Nestle Pure Life. If you order Poland Springs (which is regional) you could get zephyrhills.
Are the resorts still charging $5 a package for delivery? That could make that water case a lot more expensive than just buying the packs at the resort.

An article I found on WDWInfo:

Walt Disney World Lockers

Lockers can be a lifesaver. They're the perfect place for storing rain gear, jackets, souvenirs, etc.

Each locker location is equipped with a self-service kiosk. Guests paying with cash or credit card may proceed directly to the kiosk to rent a locker. Guests paying with a MagicBand or gift card must see a Cast Member at the nearest merchandise location.

The merchandise Cast Member will process the transaction at a register and give the guest a code to input into the kiosk, allowing them to access a locker.

Locker Locations

Magic Kingdom -

• Inside the park on the right side just before you go under the train station
    • Standard (12.5” X 10” X 17”) $7 per day
    • Large (15.5” X 13” X 17”) $10 per day
    • Jumbo (17” x 22” x 26”) $15 per day
Epcot -

• To the right of the base of Spaceship Earth, near the restrooms
  • International Gateway Stroller rental
Disney's Hollywood Studios -

• Next to Oscar's Super Service

Disney's Animal Kingdom -

• Expedition Storage lockers by Guest Services inside the park
    • Small 11"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
    • Large 17"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/lockers.htm
Also worth adding to keep your receipt if you plan to park hop as you won’t need to pay again at the second park, just like with strollers etc :). We use the lockers all the time. We got caught out on a January trip where the days started warm but by 3pm we’re getting colder and freezing after dark. After one day freezing and buying Disney sweatshirts (who needs an excuse though right?) we rented a locker every day after. We also keep spare bottled drinks and snacks in there

I'm hoping for some opinions from my fellow Pop fans. We have a split stay in June, our last 9 nights are BC and we want something less expensive for the first 5 nights. Our current plan is 1 night Pop and then 4 nights at POFQ before moving to BC. We've never stayed at POFQ and I'm worried we'll wish we just stayed at Pop instead! I would love opinions from anyone who has stayed at both on which one you would choose.

I'm hoping for some opinions from my fellow Pop fans. We have a split stay in June, our last 9 nights are BC and we want something less expensive for the first 5 nights. Our current plan is 1 night Pop and then 4 nights at POFQ before moving to BC. We've never stayed at POFQ and I'm worried we'll wish we just stayed at Pop instead! I would love opinions from anyone who has stayed at both on which one you would choose.
I've stayed at both multiple times and I much prefer POFQ.

Is the option to decline housekeeping in exchange for a gift card still available? We arrive 2/21.

Thanks!

I’ve been reading some awful reviews lately on TripAdvisor. A lot of Disney vets saying the parks have changed and it’s super busy this January compared to ever before. A lot of comments on staff attitudes also. Anyone there now see a big difference?

Are the resorts still charging $5 a package for delivery? That could make that water case a lot more expensive than just buying the packs at the resort.

They did NOT charge me a fee. However, it was five months ago during our August trip. I do not know if they are currently charging it. I will ask when I check in next Friday.

I’ve been reading some awful reviews lately on TripAdvisor. A lot of Disney vets saying the parks have changed and it’s super busy this January compared to ever before. A lot of comments on staff attitudes also. Anyone there now see a big difference?

I know 3 families there now. All 3 have commented on how the rudeness of fellow guests has gone up. And they all commended the CMs for their professional handling of rudeness. Their comments were made independently (they are not together) just during normal conversation on their trips. All 3 are WDW veterans, going for decades.

I know 3 families there now. All 3 have commented on how the rudeness of fellow guests has gone up. And they all commended the CMs for their professional handling of rudeness. Their comments were made independently (they are not together) just during normal conversation on their trips. All 3 are WDW veterans, going for decades.
Okay that’s kind of what the comments I’ve been reading were talking about. Sad to see that other guests are making the experience worse. Why can’t people have common courtesy? Did they say that it seems busier? I’m getting nervous for our stay at the end of February.

Those are our top three favorite resorts! We tend to stay at the YC for long weekends when we don't have park tickets or attending a MK party. My kids LOVE that pool. They would rather be at the pool than in a park.

PO-FQ is lovely. It's small and quiet. We love that they have one bus stop, which we've always had good experience with. My kids also enjoy their pool. The Husband loves the boat to Disney Springs. He's even left us at the pool, hopped on the boat over to DS for take out at the Bongos express window and brought it back for us.

We stay at Pop when we're planning more park days. I'd rather save on the resort and spend money elsewhere like on behind the scenes tours, dessert parties, etc...

It just depends on how much time you plan on staying at the resort.

Personally, I don't believe it will be a problem. I have not heard any complaints from those staying at Pop about noise being an issue and right now they're driving the pilings. In my thoughts if there was going to be concerns it might be now but doesn't seem to be. We are arriving in 3 days and if my regular area was refurbished (60's lakeview, building 4) I would have no problems at all requesting those rooms.
Thank you! Have a fun trip!

Okay that’s kind of what the comments I’ve been reading were talking about. Sad to see that other guests are making the experience worse. Why can’t people have common courtesy? Did they say that it seems busier? I’m getting nervous for our stay at the end of February.
Our trip a couple weeks ago was MUCH busier than expected. There has been lots of discussion on Theme Parks board about the crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter