Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried to view the fireworks from the bridge now that the walls are up for the Gondola construction? We normally stay in building 4, lake facing and I seem to think the fireworks would be in the direction that the walls are for the gondola construction.

Oooo...new Disney bucket list item: Eventually be on the gondola system during one of the firework shows for a new viewing experience.

You read my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing!

How's packing going for you? I still have no idea what to wear. We're only bringing carry-ons, can't over pack. My son told me he needs as much souvenir space as possible!

I did 70s and highest floor. Should I change highest floor to lake view?
It depends which is most important to you. I think most of the 70s building is pretty quiet. Are you booked preferred or standard? I chose 70s and highest floor but on my TP fax I requested a lake view room so we'll see what happens! I'd really be happy anywhere in the 70s section on the top floor.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to view the fireworks from the bridge now that the walls are up for the Gondola construction? We normally stay in building 4, lake facing and I seem to think the fireworks would be in the direction that the walls are for the gondola construction.

Oooo...new Disney bucket list item: Eventually be on the gondola system during one of the firework shows for a new viewing experience.

Don't think there is any way the wall on the bridge is HUGE. You could walk to the landing just before the bridge but we have watched all three parks fireworks from top floors in BLDG 3. You can just go up the stairway at the end close to lake and watch from walkway up there.

4edeadaf-ed6a-43cf-9ca8-befc4d24d9c6 (1).png

You read my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing!

How's packing going for you? I still have no idea what to wear. We're only bringing carry-ons, can't over pack. My son told me he needs as much souvenir space as possible!
Ack! Was stressed about packing until I decided to just take a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of pairs of capris and then layer for tops. Temps are supposed to range between 71 down to 40 for our trip so I'll do the best I can. I think I'm struggling since we normally travel in early September when it's melt-your-face-off hot and I can't dream of wearing jeans to Disney. But, this trip will be different and I'm okay with that! :)

Don't think there is any way the wall on the bridge is HUGE. You could walk to the landing just before the bridge but we have watched all three parks fireworks from top floors in BLDG 3. You can just go up the stairway at the end close to lake and watch from walkway up there.

View attachment 297514

Thanks! I was pretty sure this would be the case. Good to know for sure though.

It depends which is most important to you. I think most of the 70s building is pretty quiet. Are you booked preferred or standard? I chose 70s and highest floor but on my TP fax I requested a lake view room so we'll see what happens! I'd really be happy anywhere in the 70s section on the top floor.
I think I’ll keep highest floor but I did put I did call Disney and had them put 2 specific rooms for me.

Ack! Was stressed about packing until I decided to just take a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of pairs of capris and then layer for tops. Temps are supposed to range between 71 down to 40 for our trip so I'll do the best I can. I think I'm struggling since we normally travel in early September when it's melt-your-face-off hot and I can't dream of wearing jeans to Disney. But, this trip will be different and I'm okay with that!

My worry is once the sun goes down. 14C in the morning is different then 14C at night!

My worry is once the sun goes down. 14C in the morning is different then 14C at night!
Yes! With the humidity I’m afraid it might be quite cool. You and I are well familiar with what damp cold feels like. I think I’m going to pack my daughter’s winter coat if any days are forecasted to drop below 10°C. It keeps changing daily.

Yes! With the humidity I’m afraid it might be quite cool. You and I are well familiar with what damp cold feels like. I think I’m going to pack my daughter’s winter coat if any days are forecasted to drop below 10°C. It keeps changing daily.

I'm trying not to bring a winter coat! I want to be able to roll up our jackets and keep them in our backpack. Also, I just can't remember what that temperature feels like and which jacket I was wearing during that season. Ugh. I'm definitely packing pants!!

Ack! Was stressed about packing until I decided to just take a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of pairs of capris and then layer for tops. Temps are supposed to range between 71 down to 40 for our trip so I'll do the best I can. I think I'm struggling since we normally travel in early September when it's melt-your-face-off hot and I can't dream of wearing jeans to Disney. But, this trip will be different and I'm okay with that! :).

Same here. My family prefers the hot summer months. Kids love the pool time and it's honestly easier to pack for.

I'm going to bring our lighter-weigh winter coats for travel days. For the parks, I plan to layer. I tossed a reusable tote bag into my park bag. I figure if it gets warm midday, I could always pack up our layers and put everything into a locker. I've never used the lockers before, but it makes sense for this time of year.

Just in case of a freak cold spell (hey you never know it happened last week!) I put gloves and hats in the suitcase too.

I'm looking forward to mild temps and wearing capris too!

I figure if it gets warm midday, I could always pack up our layers and put everything into a locker. I've never used the lockers before, but it makes sense for this time of year.

Just in case of a freak cold spell (hey you never know it happened last week!) I put gloves and hats in the suitcase too.

I'm looking forward to mild temps and wearing capris too!

Ooh the lockers. That might be the way to go.

Ooh the lockers. That might be the way to go.

We did exactly that last week. Pretty chilly in the am and cold at night, but warm enough without the jacket during the day. Locker rental for $7 with unlimited in/out privileges was awesome for our park days, could drop off jackets and souvenirs until we needed them.

We did exactly that last week. Pretty chilly in the am and cold at night, but warm enough without the jacket during the day. Locker rental for $7 with unlimited in/out privileges was awesome for our park days, could drop off jackets and souvenirs until we needed them.

This literally just solved my problems. My last resort was renting a stroller LOL

They are at the front of the parks?

I think we may be taking advantage of the locker rental too... this is our first trip without a stroller... and a couple open-to-close days!

This literally just solved my problems. My last resort was renting a stroller LOL

They are at the front of the parks?
I believe they generally are near the entrances. I can only speak for MK and EP, as our HS and AK days happened to be our warmer days of the trip. For the Magic Kingdom, they are to the right of the train station just before you pass underneath the tracks to enter Town Square. For Epcot, bear right after you enter the park from the regular entrance, and they are behind the camera shop, right in the shadow of Spaceship Earth.

Two things we threw in the locker along with our jackets were a lightweight fleece blanket and a small tarp from the dollar store, which was perfect for my wife and I and our four year old son to sit on when while watching the parades or fireworks. The blanket was also nice to throw around your shoulders when the winds were a little chilly or when Branden decided to take a nap in the nice park at MK where they hold the reserved seating for HEA. The tarp is also a nice visual reminder when the inevitable crowd creep sneaks in on your party during afternoon parades or night time shows. Also effective in case the ground is wet or if you get a sudden rain shower!

Congratulations on deciding to go stroller-less! We were worried about not bringing one for our 4 year old son, but he was an absolute trooper, he didn't complain once about walking during our six days at the parks! I'm so proud of him.

Last edited:
Congratulations on deciding to go stroller-less! We were worried about not bringing one for our 4 year old son, but he was an absolute trooper, he didn't complain once about walking during our six days at the parks! I'm so proud of him.

Oh, our daughter is 9, almost 10. The stroller would have been for lugging all our stuff around LOL

An article I found on WDWInfo:

Walt Disney World Lockers

Lockers can be a lifesaver. They're the perfect place for storing rain gear, jackets, souvenirs, etc.

Each locker location is equipped with a self-service kiosk. Guests paying with cash or credit card may proceed directly to the kiosk to rent a locker. Guests paying with a MagicBand or gift card must see a Cast Member at the nearest merchandise location.

The merchandise Cast Member will process the transaction at a register and give the guest a code to input into the kiosk, allowing them to access a locker.

Locker Locations

Magic Kingdom -

• Inside the park on the right side just before you go under the train station
    • Standard (12.5” X 10” X 17”) $7 per day
    • Large (15.5” X 13” X 17”) $10 per day
    • Jumbo (17” x 22” x 26”) $15 per day
Epcot -

• To the right of the base of Spaceship Earth, near the restrooms
  • International Gateway Stroller rental
Disney's Hollywood Studios -

• Next to Oscar's Super Service

Disney's Animal Kingdom -

• Expedition Storage lockers by Guest Services inside the park
    • Small 11"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
    • Large 17"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/lockers.htm

Oh, our daughter is 9, almost 10. The stroller would have been for lugging all our stuff around LOL

:rotfl2:That was the deciding factor on why we ended up rented a stroller for our trip last June. I’d say my niece used it maybe half the time we were moving around the parks, but when she wasn’t it was still being used for our backpacks.

Since I’m the family photographer, my back greatly appreciated it when I was able to store my camera bag on it. I was also able to take advantage of the handlebar and mount my GoPro on it. We’ve gotten some really neat video of us walking thru the parks that way. Our first trip in 2011 has one of my favorite videos where my niece had on a Minnie Mouse hat on and it looked like Minnie Mouse was giving us a guided tour of the park. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter