Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand people have different tastes. But the value resorts are obviously going to have less "perks" than mod or deluxe resorts. We had our first wdw trip last year at a mod (POR) and next one this fall at ASM and I am excited about it. I did tons of research over the last year or so on rooms and resorts onsite and offsite. With so much info available thru here and other sites, there really isnt a reason anyone should go into wdw not knowing what to expect. There are pics of everything resort related from rooms to amentities all over the web, especially tripadvisor. The value resorts are definitely known to be geared more toward families with kids. So the noise is a given. The refurb pics for value...pop (and now ASM) have been up on the web for months so knowing the floors are laminate is a given. I agree with whoever said it is NOT a pig with lipstick. Sometimes it seems like the expectation for value resorts is what is expected at deluxe resorts. To complain about having an outside entrance into the rooms is a bit frustrating to me because all the pics show outside entrance. So unless one goes get a reservation without any research, there really is no reason anyone should not already know ahead of time what to expect.

When we stayed at POR last year, I was a little disappointed by the outdated room. But it was clean and had what we needed and we knew what we were going to get because of the pics I saw beforehand. (We stayed in thr alligator bayou and wanted the other section....forgot what it was called) The outdoor area was quiet and peaceful except by the smaller pool...which is to be expected. It was pricey...but then again...so is all of disney. I knew this going in.

I would just recommend do your research no matter where you want to stay and want to do. Then you wont be caught off-guard.

How many floors are there at the buildings at Pop and are the preferred rooms in "quiter" buildings or areas? What preferred rooms would you recommend?

How many floors are there at the buildings at Pop and are the preferred rooms in "quiter" buildings or areas? What preferred rooms would you recommend?

What preferred room you request would probably depend on what you want to be closest to and/or the theme or decade you like, pool placement, etc... It's a subjective choice depending on what you are after, I'd look at the map and choose, or let us know what you are wanting for suggestions.

To an extent, I understand the “surprise” people get when they go to Disney with minimal research. I have a few friends who were one and done because expectations far exceeeded reality.

Disney value resorts aren’t cheap compared to off site (or even hotels in other touristy areas). But included in the value price is transportation to the parks and to and from the airports (whether you choose to use it or not), EMH, package delivery to your resort, Magic Bands and other Disney touches not found elsewhere.

That being said, how people can spend thousands of dollars on vacation without knowing some basics about your lodging (or how to use fast pass or dining options as another unrelated topic) is beyond me. Coming to a forum dedicated to Disney research and details and expecting sympathy for what appeared to be a non planned trip probably wasn’t the best choice either. But it’s his opinion, no matter how much I disagree with it.

Checked in today. We have two back to back stays and they have us the housekeeping discount for the first stay minus 1 day. Our room became available an hour or so after arrival. We got all requests met and then some. We are in Room 4138 and it has a tub and no connecting door and is lakeview. Hopefully we get to keep this room the whole trip. Bonus points for being first floor. I didn’t expect to get all requests met. Would have been happy with bathtub only. I will put Room info on that thread too.

We’re in the group that DOESN’T like inside walls. We may be in the minority but we love walking around at night and I like the Disney resorts that feel like motels.
I know I'm weird, but we were able to stay at the Yacht Club in May. I loved the walk to Epcot, but I did not like the hotel interior down the corridor. Like you, I preferred Pop's style. I am grateful for my first deluxe stay, but I'll stick to Pop and spend my money in the parks. My colleague is the opposite and loves the deluxe. Many choices for many tastes.

I like inside walls when I am staying anywhere but somewhere warm and tropical. If I am in a big city - I don't want to be in a motel. But being from Canada, even the cool weather in Florida feels great to me - and I love going out and feeling the morning sunshine and the 'smells' right out of the resort.
We stayed at the Yacht Club, and while beautiful, we found so many faults with it - one big one was no really good and easy access quick service. We often will grab something when we return to the resort and it was so limited it was boring at Yacht club (had to trek waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over to beach club, which felt long at the end of the day). I also hated that if we wanted to refill our mugs or get coffee in them before the pool one opened, we had to go ask at the coffee shop for it to be filled (stand in line, wait, etc..). I just want to fill my mug and go! I actually was underwhelmed by stomalong bay (gasp!) and honestly while it was nice, it wasn't how I expected it to be after the way people here talk about it. The one thing I loved was the proximity to Epcot, which we spend lots of time at.
We are staying at Pop this December and I am looking forward to it! Great food court, one bus stop, poolside room - great for us!

I know I'm weird, but we were able to stay at the Yacht Club in May. I loved the walk to Epcot, but I did not like the hotel interior down the corridor. Like you, I preferred Pop's style. I am grateful for my first deluxe stay, but I'll stick to Pop and spend my money in the parks. My colleague is the opposite and loves the deluxe. Many choices for many tastes.
We haves stayed at akl and weren’t super impressed because we like the spread out resorts instead of having the rooms all inside one building. We are trying bc in October so that’ll be another interior walkway resort but it’s our first time there and I’m still excited.
I like inside walls when I am staying anywhere but somewhere warm and tropical. If I am in a big city - I don't want to be in a motel. But being from Canada, even the cool weather in Florida feels great to me - and I love going out and feeling the morning sunshine and the 'smells' right out of the resort.
We stayed at the Yacht Club, and while beautiful, we found so many faults with it - one big one was no really good and easy access quick service. We often will grab something when we return to the resort and it was so limited it was boring at Yacht club (had to trek waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over to beach club, which felt long at the end of the day). I also hated that if we wanted to refill our mugs or get coffee in them before the pool one opened, we had to go ask at the coffee shop for it to be filled (stand in line, wait, etc..). I just want to fill my mug and go! I actually was underwhelmed by stomalong bay (gasp!) and honestly while it was nice, it wasn't how I expected it to be after the way people here talk about it. The one thing I loved was the proximity to Epcot, which we spend lots of time at.
We are staying at Pop this December and I am looking forward to it! Great food court, one bus stop, poolside room - great for us!
We’re from the Midwest so we LOVE going to Florida and enjoying the nice weather when it’s snowing at home.

We haves stayed at akl and weren’t super impressed because we like the spread out resorts instead of having the rooms all inside one building. We are trying bc in October so that’ll be another interior walkway resort but it’s our first time there and I’m still excited.

BC would be awesome!! You just can't beat that walk to Epcot!!
I'm stressing over really important things right now like, "Should I go Standard instead of Standard Pool View?" Hahaha I have typically done Preferred in the past but fell in love with the 80s section last spring!

BC would be awesome!! You just can't beat that walk to Epcot!!
I'm stressing over really important things right now like, "Should I go Standard instead of Standard Pool View?" Hahaha I have typically done Preferred in the past but fell in love with the 80s section last spring!
I’m really excited for the pool at bc! We are going in October and will swim no matter the temperature.

We always book standard and did so at pop in March. We loved our room in building 10 on the top floor. It was so close to the buses.

We’re from the Midwest so we LOVE going to Florida and enjoying the nice weather when it’s snowing at home.
If you like spread out resorts, try Caribbean Beach. That one is so spread out they have a small jitney (minibus) to take guests from the main house to the other buildings!

We just got back from Pop last night and enjoyed our stay immensely! This is our 2nd stay at Pop and previously we had stayed mostly Deluxe and a couple of times at moderates. I was really worried and we loved it so much we stayed again. Our experience was nothing but great! We got the room area we requested, everything was clean and refurbished which I think looks fabulous and the beds were comfy, mousekeeping was great, towels delivered quickly the two times we requested them and all interactions with staff were good. The buses going to parks were some of the best. We did wait once at Epcot in the middle of the day for 20 minutes and at close at MK one night for 45 but all in all I drove my car way less than in the past when staying at Deluxe and mods by far. There is construction and a smell I did not notice last year but it is only in certain areas and was not smelly in my room so not a big deal to us. The lack of water slide and hot tub is really the only thing we miss staying mod or deluxe. I also like where Pop is located in relation to all of the parks!

Getting excited for our Pop stay in mid-late August :) We have 2 standard rooms reserved (we're one of those weird families that gets 2 rooms for 4 people), each with a split stay (both stays at Pop). When I added the extra (pre-package, RO) reservation they supposedly linked all the reservations together so that we could get connecting rooms and not have to move rooms. Should I call to double check? Should I make any other requests? I was able to do online check in for 1 room (both stays) but not the other for some reason, and the room request section wasn't working. The most important is that they're connecting, I'd love to have a King bed in one room but those seem hard to come by so not even sure we should worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter