Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting excited for our Pop stay in mid-late August :) We have 2 standard rooms reserved (we're one of those weird families that gets 2 rooms for 4 people), each with a split stay (both stays at Pop). When I added the extra (pre-package, RO) reservation they supposedly linked all the reservations together so that we could get connecting rooms and not have to move rooms. Should I call to double check? Should I make any other requests? I was able to do online check in for 1 room (both stays) but not the other for some reason, and the room request section wasn't working. The most important is that they're connecting, I'd love to have a King bed in one room but those seem hard to come by so not even sure we should worry about it.
Just a heads up that connecting rooms and not moving between reservations are both requests and neither can be guaranteed prior to your arrival. You can request them although they are just requests.

You may request a king room but the more requests you add to your reservation, the more Disney will choose where to put you as they won’t know what your top priority is.

Just a heads up that connecting rooms and not moving between reservations are both requests and neither can be guaranteed prior to your arrival. You can request them although they are just requests.

You may request a king room but the more requests you add to your reservation, the more Disney will choose where to put you as they won’t know what your top priority is.

Oh, I know. If we have to move we will and if we're not connected we'll deal (though I really hope we're at least in the same building). I should probably skip any further requests as to not confuse the room assigner :)

Oh, I know. If we have to move we will and if we're not connected we'll deal (though I really hope we're at least in the same building). I should probably skip any further requests as to not confuse the room assigner :)

It's not so much confusing the assigner as it is limiting the options the assigner has to pick from with each request that is added.

Example... I'm just using letters because I don't know the specifics for stats of how many of each type.
Pop has A number of rooms.
B (a lower number than A) number of those form a connecting set.
C (a number lower than B) number are a King connecting to 2 queens.
Also request a specific Decade and you're looking at D (a number lower than C).
Also request a specific Building and you're looking at E (a number lower than D).
Also request a specific Floor and you may be looking at ONE set.

So you can see how the more requests there are the more it limits the options the assigner has. The requests are clear and not confusing - they're just limiting.

So your best odds for connecting AND being able to stay in the same rooms for both stays would be to JUST request connecting rooms. Still not a guarantee, but your best odds would be to leave the requests as "Connecting" and "Remain in the same rooms for both stays".

If you like spread out resorts, try Caribbean Beach. That one is so spread out they have a small jitney (minibus) to take guests from the main house to the other buildings!
That takes spread out to another level lol. We like por and pofq in terms of how spread out they are. We really just like the fact that we get to walk outside but we have always gone in March and have had good luck with no rain.

So we haven’t been to pop since last year and I haven’t been checking this pop thread so I didn’t know about the refurb rooms.. holy cow these are awesome. We rolled in about midnight and were quite surprised when we opened the door to our room in the 70s section. Although it’s not really themed like the past rooms, It’s definitely snazzy’er and makes you forget you’re in a value resort.

Love it!

4ABF333B-0BBA-4927-B8DD-C67C74CAC1C5.jpeg
1F2F57E6-9C0B-42FE-9DF3-B2B81BDF8235.jpeg 9550C418-8959-4436-B361-8D3A70F1F77B.jpeg

0ED3D775-FFEE-44AD-9675-20A2E74A0233.jpeg

So we haven’t been to pop since last year and I haven’t been checking this pop thread so I didn’t know about the refurb rooms.. holy cow these are awesome. We rolled in about midnight and were quite surprised when we opened the door to our room in the 70s section. Although it’s not really themed like the past rooms, It’s definitely snazzy’er and makes you forget you’re in a value resort.

Love it!

View attachment 332393
View attachment 332394 View attachment 332395

View attachment 332396

We checked in yesterday and love the new rooms too! We love that we can put everything away in cubbies etc and the Room is relatively neat considering we are here for 15 nights. There are only two of us. My daughter tested the two beds and preferred the Murphy bed.

Any difference in comfort from these pull down beds to the regular? I don't always like the pull out couches, so hoping this is more like a bed.

Any difference in comfort from these pull down beds to the regular? I don't always like the pull out couches, so hoping this is more like a bed.

I was last at Pop in October and I slept on the murphy bed - I found it extremely comfortable! Slept like a rock. Definitely much, much better than your standard pull-out couch bed... it's actually a real, thick mattress. The only real difference between it and the regular mattress in a standard two-bed room is the fact that it's a hair shorter (so that it can be folded back up and away). But I thought it was very comfy.

I was last at Pop in October and I slept on the murphy bed - I found it extremely comfortable! Slept like a rock. Definitely much, much better than your standard pull-out couch bed... it's actually a real, thick mattress. The only real difference between it and the regular mattress in a standard two-bed room is the fact that it's a hair shorter (so that it can be folded back up and away). But I thought it was very comfy.

They are both Queens, the Murphy bed isn’t shorter ;-)

Not shorter. It is exactly the same size. This is why it sticks out slightly more than the other one. It has caused a few bruised shins as people aren't expecting this.

My mistake then - I was under the impression that it was a couple inches shorter on the sides (saw various bloggers measure out the beds for comparison). In any case, would definitely recommend the bed regardless

Thanks to everyone for the great information about pop century! I cannot find any thing about the murphy beds... Are they only for children? Adults? Weight Limits? My mom and I are heading down in September, we have stayed at pop before. But after reading about the refurbished rooms and the pull down bed I'm worried that we will have to share a bed! Any info about this is appreciated!

I am over 250 and I slept on it with no problem

Hi all! Our first trip to WDW is this September and we will be staying at POP! From what I've read, it sounds like an awesome place to stay! We are excited :)

How do you request a certain room or building? We can sleep through noise pretty well so that's not a huge issue, but we would prefer to be close to wherever the busses for parks pick up.

When the Gondolas are up and running will this change the preferred room buildings/locations at all? Where will the Gondalas be at Pop?

When the Gondolas are up and running will this change the preferred room buildings/locations at all?

In my opinion, not at first. Most people will probably prefer to be close to the food court and bus stops still. But if Pop starts getting a large amount of requests to be in the backside of the 50's, 60's and 70's then you can bet your bottom dollar they will make a new category or make them preferred also.

Where will the Gondalas be at Pop?

The station that will serve both AoA and Pop will be in the middle of Generation Gap bridge that connects the 2 resorts.

Hi all! Our first trip to WDW is this September and we will be staying at POP! From what I've read, it sounds like an awesome place to stay! We are excited :)

How do you request a certain room or building? We can sleep through noise pretty well so that's not a huge issue, but we would prefer to be close to wherever the busses for parks pick up.
I always call and have them add them to our reservation. Try to stick to only one or two requests if you can. We were in Building 10 (Standard) in March and were about as close as you could get to the buses. You could probably just put "close to transportation" on your reservation.

My family and I are staying at POP in November. We have 2 rooms, one for my son and I and one for my sister and her family. We both booked standard rooms, but I would really like to request the Pac Man area rooms because my sister is a huge Pac-Man fan. But in pictures the only Pac-Man section rooms I see face the Computer Pool. Are there any standard rooms in the Pac-Man section or are they all in the Pool View room category?

Also, are there King bed rooms that connect to non-King bed rooms? I would prefer for my son and I to have a King bed room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter