Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timer would be an amazing add to battery lights! I need to decide if I'm going to decorate this year!

@scrappinginontario please keep us updated on availability (if any) of the christmas mugs at Pop! I think I arrive when you leave. If you are there on the 14th I hope you get to participate in the Pop birthday celebration! Have a wonderful trip!
I will update on the availability of mugs for sure! I haven't heard of anyone lately not being able to get them so hopefully that bodes well for those of us going in the next few weeks!

Thanks for the heads up about Pop's birthday celebration! We will still be there on the 14th so will see if anything special is being done. Since they've put it in their activities calendar I'm guessing something special will be done that day!

Since they've put it in their activities calendar I'm guessing something special will be done that day!
Look at the information at the top of the activities calendar again--I think all the items listed at top are special events for the 14th only if I'm reading it correctly!

Look at the information at the top of the activities calendar again--I think all the items listed at top are special events for the 14th only if I'm reading it correctly!
Thanks! I hadn't realized those activities were specific to the 14th. We'll be at Epcot that day with a pretty full schedule but our first FP is for Figment so we don't really need that one. Might stay and try to do some of the character meets prior to heading to the park.

Thanks for the heads up @Ladyfish77!

That’s what we did. We only put early check in and they got us a room right when we got there at 9:30 am

Our flight lands at 9:30, so I'm hoping we'll be at Pop by 10:30 or 11. I'd like to be able to head up to the room for a few minutes before we head to the park.

Thanks! I totally missed that too. I'm leaving on the 14th for the dark side but may stop to check out the characters first.

Our flight lands at 9:30, so I'm hoping we'll be at Pop by 10:30 or 11. I'd like to be able to head up to the room for a few minutes before we head to the park.
I think as long as you tell them that you will take any open room you should be fine getting a room. I just told her we will take anything.

Just got back from six wonderful days at Pop! We were on the third floor of building 6 (70s section) and it was quiet and peaceful the entire time we were there (11/8-12/3). We opted out of housekeeping and took the gift card and were only in the room for a security check once, which was very quick and the woman who did it was very nice.
Holiday mugs are there in abundance - about half of the available mugs on any given day were holiday-themed.
Never had an issue with noise, bugs, or anything else unpleasant! The only hiccup was that the power went out (not sure if it was just in our building or resort-wide) very late, about 1am, after we got back from the 11/30 Christmas party. Not a huge deal, and I heard it kick back on after about 40 minutes or so, so there were no issues with having things fully charged up for the next day.
Buses were quick. Longest wait we experienced was Sunday night at Epcot after Illuminations, and even that was only about 15 minutes or so, to wait for a second bus after the first one that arrived filled up.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the quality of service we received at Pop Century. I have long called this resort the best bang for your buck on property and I stick by that even more with the renovated rooms. Can't wait to plan another trip!

I can’t find any with timers either, with the exception of tiny wire lights for wreaths.

3 sleeps left for us! Woohoo!!

Timer would be an amazing add to battery lights! I need to decide if I'm going to decorate this year!

@scrappinginontario please keep us updated on availability (if any) of the christmas mugs at Pop! I think I arrive when you leave. If you are there on the 14th I hope you get to participate in the Pop birthday celebration! Have a wonderful trip!

I just had lunch with a friend and guess what?! She was on her way to Costco to purchase battery lights with timers!

In Canada they are at Costco. Made by Sylvania and you get 4 strings for $11.99. I'm going to buy some on my way home tonight. I have some from Dollerama but I don't really trust their electronics so will feel better buying these ones!

There is no actual timer on it. It’s just built in that when you turn them on the stay lit for 6 hours then turn off for 18.

For example these on Amazon Canada
https://www.amazon.ca/Christmas-Wat...keywords=timer+battery+christmas+lights&psc=1
Good to know! I bought some and will take more time to check out how they work. Not sure the 6 hours on/ 18 off will really work for us as I'm guessing we won't be around any evenings around the 4-6pm timeframe to turn them on. Hmmmm....might go back to our dollar store ones after all.

Thanks for mentioning this!

Good to know! I bought some and will take more time to check out how they work. Not sure the 6 hours on/ 18 off will really work for us as I'm guessing we won't be around any evenings around the 4-6pm timeframe to turn them on. Hmmmm....might go back to our dollar store ones after all.

Thanks for mentioning this!
You could turn them on the night before you get there? They’ll be ‘off’ while travelling.

You could turn them on the night before you get there? They’ll be ‘off’ while travelling.
That's an option to consider but what are the rules about flying with batteries in checked baggage? Is it just lithium batteries that need to be in carry-on luggage or all batteries?

Just did a search. Regular alkaline batteries are fine in both checked and hand luggage.

Attachments

• 22A69005-57FD-4AC6-97D0-59A3C02C3AA7.png
    22A69005-57FD-4AC6-97D0-59A3C02C3AA7.png
    304.6 KB · Views: 4
Thank you! The challenge is that we are flying out of Canada so often our safety rules are different from the US. I think to be safe I'll pack them in my carry on rather than need to replace 9AA batteries paying Disney prices when I get there. ;)

But, thanks for checking @chelynnah !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter