Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yay, I’m so pleased my timer battery light suggestion has helped people. So fun to see everyone who’s picked some up. Now I just wish I could be there to see all these awesome window displays. Hope you all have great trips

Oh yay, I’m so pleased my timer battery light suggestion has helped people. So fun to see everyone who’s picked some up. Now I just wish I could be there to see all these awesome window displays. Hope you all have great trips
I just wanted to say thank you for the suggestion! It is very much appreciated! I wish you could see the fruits of your suggestion as well. If Santa comes early and gives you a trip, holler at us and we can all let you know what rooms there in. :santa:

Anybody here at Pop right now that is interested in a few leftover groceries? We are leaving in the morning and have the following that cannot be taken on the plane

4 cartons of yogurt (yoplait, 3 peach & 1 strawberry)

3 Motts apple juice pouches

2 motts applesauce pouches

2 cans of lemon La Croix sparkling water

PM me ASAP if interested as we are leaving on the 9:05am tragical express tomorrow morning

I just wanted to say thank you for the suggestion! It is very much appreciated! I wish you could see the fruits of your suggestion as well. If Santa comes early and gives you a trip, holler at us and we can all let you know what rooms there in. :santa:
Unfortunately not in the cards. Our trip isn’t till Feb. I’m in the UK, so we just had our Disney Christmas fix at Disneyland Paris. It was beautiful :)

Sitting at our gate at MCO for our journey home after a lovely week at Disney!

Some thoughts about POP:

The new rooms are very nice! So many great designs. Lots of storage options.

Loved having the coffee maker!

I did notice the lack of resort specific Disney touches (ie. the decades stuff that used to be present in the rooms)

Bus service was almost always great. There were only 2 times the whole week we waited more than 10 minutes for a bus.

I fail to understand The reason for bus overcrowding. It is very uncomfortable and extremely dangerous.

We never had any issues with housekeeping and never had a security check while we were in our room.

The only issue we experienced was an early morning awakening at 6:45am by some chainsaws and vehicles doing tree trimming in the courtyard right outside our room (1242).

We had attended the MVMCP the night before and were trying to sleep in.

I did email the GM with my concern and suggestions but did not hear anything back.

Am I wrong to think that most work is typically done during the mid day hours when guests are at the park?

The only other minor issue that I found was that, for me at least, I found the beds to be quite uncomfortable. Too soft for my preference. I actually ended up sleeping on the Murphy bed the last 3 nights and found that to be a bit better.

At any rate, it was a good stay and I am looking forward to seeing the completion of the skyliner system. Should be a great addition to transportation options for Pop guests!

I fail to understand The reason for bus overcrowding. It is very uncomfortable and extremely dangerous.

The sole reason is to get guests from point A to point B as quick as possible.

Am I wrong to think that most work is typically done during the mid day hours when guests are at the park?

In our experience, construction/refurb work is usually kept between the hours of 9AM and 5PM. Landscaping, powerwashing, etc are usually done before the resort "wakes up" for the day.

The only other minor issue that I found was that, for me at least, I found the beds to be quite uncomfortable. Too soft for my preference. I actually ended up sleeping on the Murphy bed the last 3 nights and found that to be a bit better.

Other than the one bed being able to fold up, the 2 beds in the room are identical. Exact same mattress and base. Once you get to be about 6 months out from a refurbishment, the mattresses are all very different because of the different amounts of use and different body types using each one. It's why I shake my head when people ask "how are the beds at xxxx resort?" Other than comfort being very personal, as you found out there can be a big difference of comfort between 2 beds in the same room.

Looking forward to my first stay at POP in February! It's only for one night, at the tail end of a split stay with CBR. Thinking about booking a longer stay there later in the year!

Couldn't find the battery operated lights at Costco. Found them at Walmart for a great price! I'm having a harder time finding cute window clings to decorate the windows. I don't want to order online since they may not arrive on time. I'm going to keep looking!

Couldn't find the battery operated lights at Costco. Found them at Walmart for a great price! I'm having a harder time finding cute window clings to decorate the windows. I don't want to order online since they may not arrive on time. I'm going to keep looking!
Do you have amazon prime?

When I got my battery lights I also got super cute window clings at Hobby Lobby (snowflakes and a snowman !!). I think Michaels had some cute clings too.

Review from early in November (Jersey Week). I like the updated rooms with the hard floors and plenty of USB jacks! I used the coffee maker (would have preferred they do the K-cup machines like in the moderates) and the coffee was doable though a little strong for my taste. I faxed a request for a room at the parking lot side of 80s or 90s on the ground level for a closer walk to the buses. I arrived and had the right building but right next to the elevators - as it was still very early I asked for a swap and got what I wanted just on 2nd floor and that was fine.

I did find the noise level higher than I remembered - my MVMCP day I was going to sleep in but apparently the family above me had an early flight and suitcases started rolling and flying around at 5am. I just got up - went and did RD at MK and then came back later for a nice quiet nap. I used the laundry off of the computer pool halfway through my trip - very clean and I like the timers on the machines so you know exactly when to return (just ask for help - I've never used such a high-tech laundry so it took a minute to figure it out) and bring your credit card as it doesn't take cash or magic band.

I had a horrible week with the buses - so am glad to hear that was an exception. I had 3 times with a wait well over an hour and one of those times I ended up getting an Uber so I didn't miss a reservation (I complained at guest services and they apologized and gave me a credit for the amount of my Uber).

That all being said - I will be back there MLK weekend so hoping for a better bus experience because in years past and at recent stays at the all-stars I have had few issues.

Review from early in November (Jersey Week). I like the updated rooms with the hard floors and plenty of USB jacks! I used the coffee maker (would have preferred they do the K-cup machines like in the moderates)

Which Moderates have K-cups? CBR, POR and POFQ still have the pods as of last month. Haven't stayed at CSR since their room refurb so maybe they have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter