Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just landed at pop! We got a grand total of 0(!) of our room requests so we are gonna chat with the front desk...

Just landed at pop! We got a grand total of 0(!) of our room requests so we are gonna chat with the front desk...
I’m sorry to hear this. Hopefully they can switch your room.

We arrived today also. Got our second choice for location (70’s) and I believe a Shower only room which we wanted. We’re going to ‘Ohana for supper and then will check out our room.

I’m sorry to hear this. Hopefully they can switch your room.

We arrived today also. Got our second choice for location (70’s) and I believe a Shower only room which we wanted. We’re going to ‘Ohana for supper and then will check out our room.
Have fun at Ohana!

They couldn't move us to the 70's :( So we are stuck all the way out in the 80's! But we will deal! We are at disney!!!

We also finished our window! We are proud minimalists

122nrs4.jpg

Does anyone know what that big geeen thing behind the walls was next to building 2 by the car park? It was there for the whole of our stay making a loud noise! Didn’t spoil our stay though

Ugh! Bit of a frustrating start to our stay at Pop. Landed at 10:30am. Arrived at Pop via DME at 12:30, room not ready. Completely understandable.

Checked 4 things with luggage services then we headed to Typhoon Lagoon snd ‘Ohana. Luggage services assured us the 4 bags would be sent to room along with 2 checked bags as soon as they received room notification.

Received email at 1:41 with room number, stating it’s ready.

Arrived at resort at 8:00 pooched after being up since 2am. Enter (great!) room and it’s completely empty!! Had hoped to quickly unpack and get us to bed as we have an 8am BoG reservation.

We walked back over to luggage served as nobody seemed their phone.?? Thankfully he was able to locate 1 piece of luggage and 4 items dropped earlier. 2nd suitcase still MIA more than 8 hours after arriving at resort!

Took what we had unpacked and got my Ddauto bed much later than I had hoped.

2nd suitcase was just delivered as I typed this, at 9:40pm. The luggage staff are very friendly, just seems to be too much for them to do. Hoping my situation is an anomaly.

Better now. Time to get done sleep. MK tomorrow!

Yikes scrappinginontario, that sucks :(

Our MK is also tomorrow, maybe we will see you there!

Little things keep happening here... like the safe batteries were dead, and there were no coffee cups in our room on arrival!
Here's to hoping the rest of our trip is smooth :rolleyes:

Ugh! Bit of a frustrating start to our stay at Pop. Landed at 10:30am. Arrived at Pop via DME at 12:30, room not ready. Completely understandable.

Checked 4 things with luggage services then we headed to Typhoon Lagoon snd ‘Ohana. Luggage services assured us the 4 bags would be sent to room along with 2 checked bags as soon as they received room notification.

Arrived at resort at 8:00 pooched after being up since 2am. Enter (great!) room and it’s completely empty!! Had hoped to quickly unpack and get us to bed as we have an 8am BoG reservation.

We walked back over to luggage served as nobody seemed their phone.?? Thankfully he was able to locate 1 piece of luggage and 4 items dropped earlier. 2nd suitcase still MIA more than 8 hours after arriving at resort!

2nd suitcase was just delivered as I typed this, at 9:40pm. The luggage staff are very friendly, just seems to be too much for them to do. Hoping my situation is an anomaly.

Dang sorry about your luggage issues. I’m glad you had a good dinner at ohana though! We’ve only been there once and I ate so much food

Was adventures fall open? As we were getting ready to leave there was complete panic as someones arm got stuck on the conveyor belt.

Was adventures fall open? As we were getting ready to leave there was complete panic as someones arm got stuck on the conveyor belt.
it wasn’t. I knew something had happened as the helicopter was just taking someone away when we arrived in the afternoon. So awful that that happened. Praying that person is okay!!

How did you do your request. I wonder if any way is better than another. I've called and added requests and I've also done through touring plans. I've found calling has been better for me but have no idea if this is just a fluke!

@scrappinginontario sorry for the bag issues, but glad they have all shown up now. Still debating whether to get our luggage or let them get it from the airport. I've only done it once before and it was fine, but seems there have been a lot of problems lately and with it being so busy right now I'm sure they are overworked.

How did you do your request. I wonder if any way is better than another. I've called and added requests and I've also done through touring plans. I've found calling has been better for me but have no idea if this is just a fluke!

@scrappinginontario sorry for the bag issues, but glad they have all shown up now. Still debating whether to get our luggage or let them get it from the airport. I've only done it once before and it was fine, but seems there have been a lot of problems lately and with it being so busy right now I'm sure they are overworked.
I think it all depends on what you put as your request and how specific it is. It also will be different each time because of who else is staying at the resort when you arrive.

All of my three pop stays, I have called and done the online check in request(when it works...) Both with the same requests.

The last two stays I got exactly what I requested.
It's crazy though, they gave me like the opposite of what I requested this time. I wanted the top floor but they gave me bottom floor...

I think it all depends on what you put as your request and how specific it is. It also will be different each time because of who else is staying at the resort when you arrive.
Since it's so busy I only requested floor I wanted and close to transportation. I'll report back next week and let you know if I got any of my requests!

How did you do your request. I wonder if any way is better than another.

Definitely not. The room assignors don't give any method more weight than another. What people don't understand is that assigning rooms at WDW resorts is so different than any other destination. They run at more than 85% occupancy every single day. There are guests checking in and out every single day with all different lengths of stay. It's impossible to grant everyone their requests.

It's like the biggest, most difficult game of Tetris ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter