Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally impressed with buses this morning! Heading to Epcot a little later than we’d hoped so lines are long. They have just filled 5 Epcot buses back to back! Other parks have been the same.

I ran into this yesterday on my way to Hollywood Studios for EMH - there were at least three buses worth of people waiting and sure enough, three buses showed up one right after the other. We had really good bus luck this trip!

I can't imagine how difficult a job they have. And then the complaints...

Everyone wants a high floor (noise) and close to transportation (easy walk at end of long day) but there are only, what, 200 rooms (not preferred) that fit that. And those rooms do not all become available on they same day - as dansdad pointed out - so there might be, what, less than 30 rooms that fit that request. And maybe 50/80 people checking in who want them.

I've had excellent results with TP requests. On the off-season. I've noticed there is currently no availability at POP for the dates I'm going. If they are completely booked that week, I suspect that means getting a request this trip is going to be difficult. Imagine all the requests (even very general, no specific ones) they are getting for that week...

Totally impressed with buses this morning! Heading to Epcot a little later than we’d hoped so lines are long. They have just filled 5 Epcot buses back to back! Other parks have been the same.

We left for the epcot bus (late because I slept in LOL) at 9:05 and we waited 40 min to get on a bus (the queue super extended past the chains). It wasn't the best, but could have been worse!

I can't imagine how difficult a job they have. And then the complaints...

Everyone wants a high floor (noise) and close to transportation (easy walk at end of long day) but there are only, what, 200 rooms (not preferred) that fit that. And those rooms do not all become available on they same day - as dansdad pointed out - so there might be, what, less than 30 rooms that fit that request. And maybe 50/80 people checking in who want them.

I've had excellent results with TP requests. On the off-season. I've noticed there is currently no availability at POP for the dates I'm going. If they are completely booked that week, I suspect that means getting a request this trip is going to be difficult. Imagine all the requests (even very general, no specific ones) they are getting for that week...

Of course, we have to remember that there are a higher number of people on the DIS who make requests than the general public. Based on what I have seen of hotel guest behavior, I believe more people just check in and THEN if they don't like the room, come back to change it, rather than making detailed requests ahead of time. I doubt most WDW guests even know about room requests. And even among those of us who know, not everyone makes a request. Sometimes I prefer to play hotel roulette and just see where I end up, especially if I know that there really isn't a horrible location on the property. At Pop, I've stayed in all sections, and on all floors, and had great vacations. I did make a request for 80's, but really, I would be happy anywhere as far as location goes. Now, if I end up with a king bed room, that's a different story. My sister and I couldn't share a bed as kids, and we can't share one now. So two beds are a must! So far, that hasn't been an issue at Pop - I imagine those king rooms are requested a lot.

Does anyone have a picture of the inside of the fridge at Pop? Will they hold a 1/2 gallon of milk? Or even 2? I have kids that love milk before bed and when they wake up in the morning, so I'm hoping some will fit in the fridge.

Does anyone have a picture of the inside of the fridge at Pop? Will they hold a 1/2 gallon of milk? Or even 2? I have kids that love milk before bed and when they wake up in the morning, so I'm hoping some will fit in the fridge.
I could fit 3. 1 laying flat on each shelf. There was still space for other things.

Good morning. We will be arriving for our first stay at pop in 8 days. How early should I send my room requests in and what is a good location to request? I know you want to list in order of priority and not request a lot. We are in a standard room with 2 beds. I would like a upper floor with a tub. Just not sure on what location to request or am I too late already to send in a request? Thanks!

We really liked 50's lake view, so building 3 top floor with standard should get you just that. Not too long a walk, but you can see the fireworks from the hotel
Good morning. We will be arriving for our first stay at pop in 8 days. How early should I send my room requests in and what is a good location to request? I know you want to list in order of priority and not request a lot. We are in a standard room with 2 beds. I would like a upper floor with a tub. Just not sure on what location to request or am I too late already to send in a request? Thanks!

Personally I only request what I would like should they only be able to grant one if my requests. I choose 69’s and 70’s as I would be happy in with either of these locations. I don’t choose 50’s, ground floor as they may think I’d like any ground floor at assign a section I’d prefer not to be in.

I know there was discussion of this before but we just returned from a trip 12/1 through 12/7 and we stayed at PoP. We usually never send room requests but had normally just used what was available on the online check in. People had commented that that feature had been disabled. I thought so too since we were able to use it for our May trip at POFQ but not able to use it for our September trip at PoP (yep three trips this year, yay!) For grins I looked before our last trip and lo and behold the function was working. I requested 70's building, upper floor. And that is exactly what we got! I would note this however, we were booked into a preferred room for our trip. So when I looked the options that were presented to me based on paying for a preferred room were buildings 50's, 60's and 70's. Looking at room categories at PoP Preferred, Pool View, Standard, I am assuming the options I saw were because they are preferred because they are close to the busses and the food court. I guess you can request one of them if you booked standard but would imagine you might not get them because you did not pay up for them.

Am I too late?

Between unexpected health emergencies and the usual holiday chaos, I forgot to put in a room request. Two of our group check in December 12, the remaining 3 check in December 13. I’ve read about preferences for various locations, but understand keeping requests low might help them be fulfilled. With that in mind, my priorities are quiet and both rooms near by. My children are adults so a connecting room isn’t necessary, an adjacent would be convenient, I’d be fine with just nearby (I.e., same floor a few rooms apart or at least same building).

To complicate matters more, I made both reservations at the same time, same MDE, same payment, etc, but made the rookie mistake of not linking the reservations. So, am I too late to try to rectify this or just wait until we arrive tomorrow night and see what the reservation gods have bestowed upon us?

Personally I only request what I would like should they only be able to grant one if my requests. I choose 69’s and 70’s as I would be happy in with either of these locations. I don’t choose 50’s, ground floor as they may think I’d like any ground floor at assign a section I’d prefer not to be in.
You request the 69’s? I didn’t even know that was an option. Sorry I’m being a butt today

The shelves are removable. Remove one shelf and you can stand them up.

Am I too late?

Between unexpected health emergencies and the usual holiday chaos, I forgot to put in a room request. Two of our group check in December 12, the remaining 3 check in December 13. I’ve read about preferences for various locations, but understand keeping requests low might help them be fulfilled. With that in mind, my priorities are quiet and both rooms near by. My children are adults so a connecting room isn’t necessary, an adjacent would be convenient, I’d be fine with just nearby (I.e., same floor a few rooms apart or at least same building).

To complicate matters more, I made both reservations at the same time, same MDE, same payment, etc, but made the rookie mistake of not linking the reservations. So, am I too late to try to rectify this or just wait until we arrive tomorrow night and see what the reservation gods have bestowed upon us?

The rooms are assigned usually around 5 days out, so at this point it's probably luck of the draw. I'd be very surprised at this time of year if they'd be willing (or even able) to hold a room empty for a night.

Just wanted to pop in (I'm sure that never gets old) and say hi! We are staying at Pop for the first time next month. After a couple trips with mod stays, I am looking forward to seeing if values work for us. I would love it if they do, because that means more funds to put towards the next trip, right? :) Thanks for all the info here-I've learned a ton already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter