• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We

Thank you for that information!!! It would be helpful to be able to ride the skyliner instead of taking a cab. I might even double check with a cm at the skyliner at the beginning of our trip since our Cape May reservation isn’t until later in the week and see if it’s still the same. Fingers crossed it is 😊
It should work my friend just did this yesterday and you're welcome.

Are only the 50s and 70s buildings open at the moment? Those are the only 2 building options I see for Room Requests at the moment.

Thank you!

Arrived yesterday. We landed at Sanford and had a car waiting for us. Murray Hill Transporation, stopped at Publix for a pick up. I had Mobil ordered on Thursday. They will pick us up next week for the return trip.
Arrived around 2 and our room was not ready. Dropped our luggage and headed for Epcot. When we got to the transfer station at CBR we got the room ready text.

Enjoyed a few hrs at Epcot and got back to our room at 7. Luggage was waiting and about 10 minutes later the skies opened.

Loved the skyliner. Today was AK. We headed out around 7:10 and a bus was coming as soon as we walked out.

afternoon break and the computer pool was quiet and relaxing.

Totally love the new rooms. So much storage.

Hello! Can anyone tell me what the refillable mug situation is currently at Pop please? Are CMs handing you the paper cups with refills, or are we refilling ourselves now?

My last stay at Pop was in January 2020. I noticed then that the mini-refrigerator was not keeping milk cold enough and it eventually soured. I tried adjusting the temp control but it didn’t help. I am now finding out that the mini-refrigerators are actually beverage coolers and now have signs on the cooler door stating that fact and they only cool to temp 41 degrees or higher?! Milk needs to be kept at 40 degrees or lower as do other foods and MEDICATIONS that guests commonly keep in their rooms. I guess I will be packing a small, foldable cooler for those items and fill it with ice daily. I don’t understand why Pop doesn’t have actual mini-refrigerators in their rooms when the Disney web site states that it does. 😡

My last stay at Pop was in January 2020. I noticed then that the mini-refrigerator was not keeping milk cold enough and it eventually soured. I tried adjusting the temp control but it didn’t help. I am now finding out that the mini-refrigerators are actually beverage coolers and now have signs on the cooler door stating that fact and they only cool to temp 41 degrees or higher?! Milk needs to be kept at 40 degrees or lower as do other foods and MEDICATIONS that guests commonly keep in their rooms. I guess I will be packing a small, foldable cooler for those items and fill it with ice daily. I don’t understand why Pop doesn’t have actual mini-refrigerators in their rooms when the Disney web site states that it does. 😡
I'll preface by saying I don't keep medications in our fridge so cannot relate to that but we keep our fridge at home at 41 degrees and do not have any problems with milk or other dairy items going sour and we have our milk unopened for a week or more before we begin using it on many occasions.

I'm sorry you had problems with items souring but could it possibly be the one in the room you assigned was not working properly?

Have other people had problems with milk souring or other foods going bad?

What a pain that will be for you @Disneylvr to have to bring a cooler plus have to take time to fill it and drain it daily. Sorry you're having to do that!

For those have been recently, are people still lining up for the Skyliner really early to get to Studios or Epcot?

I'll preface by saying I don't keep medications in our fridge so cannot relate to that but we keep our fridge at home at 41 degrees and do not have any problems with milk or other dairy items going sour and we have our milk unopened for a week or more before we begin using it on many occasions.

I'm sorry you had problems with items souring but could it possibly be the one in the room you assigned was not working properly?

Have other people had problems with milk souring or other foods going bad?

What a pain that will be for you @Disneylvr to have to bring a cooler plus have to take time to fill it and drain it daily. Sorry you're having to do that!

I’ve read a lot about this recently on other sites, not the DIS. Guests have actually posted pictures of thermometers that show the cooler temps to be around 50 degrees or even higher. These are recent or even current guests reporting this. I’m anxious to know if anyone on the DIS has had problems with the “beverage cooler.” I never had this problem with the regular mini-fridge the rooms used to have before the room renovations.

I’ve read a lot about this recently on other sites, not the DIS. Guests have actually posted pictures of thermometers that show the cooler temps to be around 50 degrees or even higher. These are recent or even current guests reporting this. I’m anxious to know if anyone on the DIS has had problems with the “beverage cooler.” I never had this problem with the regular mini-fridge the rooms used to have before the room renovations.
We have stayed 5 times in the renovated rooms and to date have not had problems with food or beverages spoiling in the fridges. One visit the milk and yogurt we had was left from friends who stayed the week before us.

We're only 1 family but hopefully others will share their experiences also as your post was the first I've heard of this happening. Wondering if it's more wide-spread but just has not been reported in this thread or the old Pop thread?

Last edited:
We have stayed 5 times in the renovated rooms and to date have not had problems with food or beverages spoiling in the fridges. One visit the milk and yogurt we had was left from friends who stayed the week before us.

We're only 1 family but hopefully others will share their experiences also as your post was the first I've heard of this happening. Wondering if it's more wide-spread but just has not been reported in this thread or the old Pop thread.
I have stayed there 6 or 7 times since 2017 and alwatys with a fridge most recently in October and never had an issue. I'll be staying there again starting September 1st until September 11 and can check again but we also often keep perishables in the fridge.

We're only 1 family but hopefully others will share their experiences also as your post was the first I've heard of this happening. Wondering if it's more wide-spread but just has not been reported in this thread or the old Pop thread?
We've never had any issue with fridge temp or food spoiling. Our last visit was at the end of June/early July 2021 and beverages, including choc milk, leftovers, and cake were kept in the fridge with no issues.

Nobody is doubting you. We are just saying it may have been that particular fridge that had an issue.

I am just trying to inform future guests that the current beverage coolers may or may not store their dairy, lunch meat, meds….at safe temperatures. I too thought it was just my isolated experience but apparently others have had this problem as well. Just not DISers I guess. I belong to several Pop Century groups. Love, love, love this resort. BTW, those are not my photos but those of another recent guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter