• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

They will eventually, but I doubt they'll do it before the next major refit of the food court and there are no immediate plans for one.

Andre

I am not a huge fan and hope they do not put them in, unless they are in addition to the regular dispensers. As a novelty they are fun, but they are slow. Imagine the lines to get your drink!

I am not a huge fan and hope they do not put them in, unless they are in addition to the regular dispensers. As a novelty they are fun, but they are slow. Imagine the lines to get your drink!

They did fit twice as many dispensers when they changed the machines over at FQ, but with the old style two people could be filling drinks at once from different nozzles.

Andre

Anyone know what the current pool hours are at POR? I'll be staying there in about two weeks.

Just booked 11 days next June at POR! Will probably wind up doing a split with BWI depending on the discounts, but SO excited to be going back to where all our Disney adventures began!!! :tigger:

I'm trying to book a 2 night stay Dec 30th-Jan 1st and it shows unavailable but when I add the Jan 2nd it brings up a preferred room for all 3 nights. Is there a 3night minimum over the holiday? We were planning staying off site after our POR stay and really were hoping to stay the Dec 29-1st at POR but the 29th isn't available.

Can anyone tell me how the walk is from the royal room buildings to POFQ food court? Is one building better than another?

Can anyone tell me how the walk is from the royal room buildings to POFQ food court? Is one building better than another?

From the southern end of Parterre Place, it's about 600 yards, or 7 minutes walk to the FQ food court - not much further than to the POR food court from those rooms in fact. The menu at POFQ improved after the refurb last year, but overall I think I slightly prefer the Riverside food court.

Andre

From the southern end of Parterre Place, it's about 600 yards, or 7 minutes walk to the FQ food court - not much further than to the POR food court from those rooms in fact. The menu at POFQ improved after the refurb last year, but overall I think I slightly prefer the Riverside food court.

Andre

Thank you!

Is there a bridge other than the one located close to Oak Manor to get to the walkway?

Yes, you can cross via the bridge at the far end of Parterre Place, there's a footpath/sidewalk adjacent to the road.

Andre

Great! Thanks!

I have been reading through the thread and appreciate all of your help and insight!

I'm so confused! I have a Royal Room River View booked. Will it already be in a specific building? Any tips on requests? I was thinking higher floor but it might be nice to be ground floor. Again, so confused lol. TIA for any replies!

I'm so confused! I have a Royal Room River View booked. Will it already be in a specific building? Any tips on requests? I was thinking higher floor but it might be nice to be ground floor. Again, so confused lol. TIA for any replies!
You will be in Oak or Parterre buildings in the Mansion section.The site www.portorleans.org has room maps for each building to give you an idea of what floors you could be placed.

Just booked 9 days at POR in a standard room for April 2018. Just wondering if the buses are as bad as some reviews would have me to believe. Also, how long is the walk from POFQ to POR? Because if the buses are really full at night and those aren't, we may just catch a POFQ bus and walk back over to POR at the end of the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter