Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back Saturday from our first stay on the CCV side of the Lodge. Had room 5115 which is an "alternate" studio and absolutely LOVED it! The layout is fantastic not to mention the views, decor, etc. Very happy with the room but now I know if we stay in CC again and don't have an alternate studio we'll be a little let down lol. The Lodge remains my favorite resort :love:
What, Might I ask is an alternate studio? And how is it different? TIA

The alternate studios at Copper Creek have a bit of a separate bed area because they are in the corner locations in the building that used to be Deluxe rooms.
View attachment 313729

They are very nice looking and quite desirable, but there aren’t very many of them and they are not in their own bookable category. They are located mid-wing on the 2nd through 7th floor (rooms ending in 115) and at the end of the first floor (1166 and 1168).
What is the bed situation for these? Is it still Queen bed & pull out couch....Or KIng in the BR & a couch/bed in the LR?

It looks like WL will be the first resort to roll out a new feature in the MDE app where you can unlock your resort room with your phone. This article was posted on the DIS today: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ding-digital-key-feature-at-wilderness-lodge/
Looks cool, but with Magic Bands I'm not sure how much I'd use it. If it could eventually replace Magic Bands, that could be impressive...
I saw that. At this point I think it’s a little redundant.

Got back Saturday from our first stay on the CCV side of the Lodge. Had room 5115 which is an "alternate" studio and absolutely LOVED it! The layout is fantastic not to mention the views, decor, etc. Very happy with the room but now I know if we stay in CC again and don't have an alternate studio we'll be a little let down lol. The Lodge remains my favorite resort :love:
Girl, you got an alternate studio? You better be posting pics on your TR! :)

What, Might I ask is an alternate studio? And how is it different? TIA

Nevermind...!!!!! Just looked up^^^.lol

Sorry, just getting back to the DIS now! The layout is what really makes the alternate studios so cool because you haven't PAID for a 1 bedroom but in a sense, you have one, just minus the door lol. It really is like a separate room and the space is great.

The alternate studios at Copper Creek have a bit of a separate bed area because they are in the corner locations in the building that used to be Deluxe rooms.
View attachment 313729

They are very nice looking and quite desirable, but there aren’t very many of them and they are not in their own bookable category. They are located mid-wing on the 2nd through 7th floor (rooms ending in 115) and at the end of the first floor (1166 and 1168).

Thanks so much for the details! They look great!

View attachment 313729

Nice. I will take the Alt also next trip please.

View attachment 313729

How many can fit in the alternate studio?

Unfortunately to get over 4 people at Copper Creek you’d have to go to a 2 bedroom, which sleeps 8.
Boulder Ridge Villa studios do sleep up to 5 people.
Ok, we are currently booked at BRV in a studion for 5. Worried it may be too small. We have always stayed in a one bedroom there but my youngest is now 3.

Wish me luck... I just put in a DVC rental request for two studios at Copper Creek in January. There is availability, so hopefully they can find me a renter! Eek! This will be our first time staying at this resort or any deluxe, and first time renting DVC points. I know I'm going to want to buy once I go deluxe. Hope my hubby is ready. :love2:

Wish me luck... I just put in a DVC rental request for two studios at Copper Creek in January. There is availability, so hopefully they can find me a renter! Eek! This will be our first time staying at this resort or any deluxe, and first time renting DVC points. I know I'm going to want to buy once I go deluxe. Hope my hubby is ready. :love2:

Well, that was fast! It's already booked! I can't believe it! :yay::yay::yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter