Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hey everyone! I have upcoming reservations at both the YC and the BC, and I have a LOT of questions, so I hope you will bear with me and help :P!! I have stayed at the YC once, but it was a couple of years ago prior to the room renovations. Since then I have not kept up with this thread :duck:so I even have a few YC questions. I see it is over 1000 pages :crazy2:, and I have no idea where I left off prior to our last trip, so while I will try to catch up I don't really see that fully happening. I might have to more of less follow from here :flower:.

Our first 4 nights are in a YC CL SV room. I'll tell you my ideal, and then after you laugh at me :rotfl:can you give me your advice on what you would do and what requests you would add to your reservations? I would like to have a bathtub (almost a must with 2 one year olds), a non shared balcony, a decent view (I know its SV, but the best possible in that category), and decently close to the lounge. So now can anyone tell me how possible or impossible that is? How many of the rooms SV CL have showers and not tubs? How "bad" can the view be, and what requests (if you were only requesting relating to view) would be recommended for the best in that category? How far from the lounge can you be, say compared to the farthest rooms in Poly CL or Atrium CL? Last time we booked SV but were upgraded to GV, and were super close to the lounge with a great view, so I didn't end up having to worry about getting a bad view.

I only stayed at the BC CL once & that was several years ago so I can't help with that. But Dee does have a "view" thread for both the BC & the YC on the resort boards community forum. So you might want to check those out.

At YC, there are a few standard rooms with very bad views. They are the furthest rooms from the lounge, way down the hall. The rooms closer to the lounge overlook the port cochere & front entrance. I don't think we know exactly how many or which rooms have the tub shower or which have the shower only. Most rooms have individual balconies, I think there is just the one large balcony but not sure exactly where that is located. Personally, in your situation, I would suggest asking for : bathtub & close to the lounge as my priorities. Wouldn't talk about view since close to lounge will get you a better view. And since the odds of a shared balcony are really slim, I would just prioritize the tub & lounge & gamble with the odds on that one. I think adding more than 2 requests starts to work against you sometimes.

I also just want to warn you that the new floors do seem to make things louder. The hall noise may be an issue near the lounge if your kids are light sleepers. And if you get a room with a connecting door, remind your kids to use their indoor voices, since that noise carries to the connecting room too. Not trying to imply anything about your kids, just pointing out an issue with the rooms since the remodel! :goodvibes If the hall noise does bother, I have heard that a towel along the bottom of the door may help, although I haven't tried it myself.

Enjoy & have a great vacation!!

I only stayed at the BC CL once & that was several years ago so I can't help with that. But Dee does have a "view" thread for both the BC & the YC on the resort boards community forum. So you might want to check those out.

At YC, there are a few standard rooms with very bad views. They are the furthest rooms from the lounge, way down the hall. The rooms closer to the lounge overlook the port cochere & front entrance. I don't think we know exactly how many or which rooms have the tub shower or which have the shower only. Most rooms have individual balconies, I think there is just the one large balcony but not sure exactly where that is located. Personally, in your situation, I would suggest asking for : bathtub & close to the lounge as my priorities. Wouldn't talk about view since close to lounge will get you a better view. And since the odds of a shared balcony are really slim, I would just prioritize the tub & lounge & gamble with the odds on that one. I think adding more than 2 requests starts to work against you sometimes.

I also just want to warn you that the new floors do seem to make things louder. The hall noise may be an issue near the lounge if your kids are light sleepers. And if you get a room with a connecting door, remind your kids to use their indoor voices, since that noise carries to the connecting room too. Not trying to imply anything about your kids, just pointing out an issue with the rooms since the remodel! :goodvibes If the hall noise does bother, I have heard that a towel along the bottom of the door may help, although I haven't tried it myself.

Enjoy & have a great vacation!!

Thanks for this! Great to know the "terrible" view rooms are far down the hall, so I'll just leave view out of it and do the close to lounge since really that's more important anyway since its all SV anyway. Unfortunately I do think that there are 3 or 4 rooms that share a balcony, and they are pretty close to the lounge. I'm trying to go into this trip worrying less about things like this, in fact I initially wasn't going to do any room requests and just see what happened, but I pretty quickly realized that just isn't me :rotfl:! I couldn't let go completely without at least trying to get my requests. So I am thinking of using TPs room requester and choosing one of the close rooms without the shared balcony, and then putting tub, private balcony, close to lounge please in the comments and then having DSS put the same request and wording on my reservation, and then letting it go and realizing that no matter what it's all good and I'm at disney. Particularly since we only have 4 nights each at 3 different resorts this stay, if something isn't "perfect" about a particular room it isn't for the entire stay.

The BC is the resort I know very little about, and like I mentioned previously the TP room map makes it look like there could be rooms with what could be considered better views in the CL SV category? Any advice or answers to the questions in my above post would be greatly appreciated!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Does anyone know if they started doing the changing of the guard again at SAB? We missed it so much last year and are hoping they brought it back. Kids always had a blast dancing with the lifeguards.

Looking for suggestions on room request. We have stayed at BC a few times and were very lucky both times with an amazing view of the boardwalk and Crescent Lake. We are headed down in a week and have a standard view. We requested a full size balcony and want to also request a view of something other than a rooftop. I realize that this is often what SV is but wondering if I should call BC directly or do I call the Disney reservation line to put in this request. Or.....do I just chance it and hope for the best???

Hey everyone! I have upcoming reservations at both the YC and the BC, and I have a LOT of questions, so I hope you will bear with me and help :P!! I have stayed at the YC once, but it was a couple of years ago prior to the room renovations. Since then I have not kept up with this thread :duck:so I even have a few YC questions. I see it is over 1000 pages :crazy2:, and I have no idea where I left off prior to our last trip, so while I will try to catch up I don't really see that fully happening. I might have to more of less follow from here :flower:.

Our first 4 nights are in a YC CL SV room. I'll tell you my ideal, and then after you laugh at me :rotfl:can you give me your advice on what you would do and what requests you would add to your reservations? I would like to have a bathtub (almost a must with 2 one year olds), a non shared balcony, a decent view (I know its SV, but the best possible in that category), and decently close to the lounge. So now can anyone tell me how possible or impossible that is? How many of the rooms SV CL have showers and not tubs? How "bad" can the view be, and what requests (if you were only requesting relating to view) would be recommended for the best in that category? How far from the lounge can you be, say compared to the farthest rooms in Poly CL or Atrium CL? Last time we booked SV but were upgraded to GV, and were super close to the lounge with a great view, so I didn't end up having to worry about getting a bad view.

Our next 4 nights are BC CL SV. I have never stayed here and really don't have much knowledge of the resort other than the shared parts with YC. I looked at TP room view finder, and it looks like the SV rooms are all across the front of the hotel and then there are 6 rooms down a little hall. Do the rooms down the little hall that don't face the front of the resort have more desirable views, or are they somehow worse? Because just on the flat TP map they seem like they would be better, and their view photos don't seem right for some of them. What are the general SV CL views? My priorities for here are full balcony (I really, really would like this. what percent of the rooms have one?), decent view for SV, and close to lounge. Do any rooms have shared balconies or only showers?

We cannot upgrade to a better view even if we wanted to, because we need the rooms that sleep 5 since we have 4 kids, 2 of which are infants. We're taking advantage of the last 2 years we can stay CL without needing 2 rooms, a suite, or the deluxe rooms that sleep 6 at WL or BW :laughing: After that the majority or our CL days may be over :sad:. I also wasn't sure if I should post here of over on the CL thread, but thought I would start here since my questions are all resort specific and over on that thread I don't seem to run across as many YC and BC CL reports, lately it seems to be more Poly, GF, and BWI centric. Maybe I should have split all of my questions in into like a dozen posts instead of one, it will take a dedicated Dis'er to take pity on me and tackle this :rotfl2::worship::disrocks:
I stayed CL at the YC a few years back. The rooms that face the front of the resort and are furthest from the lounge have ridiculously bad views. Your essentially looking at the service area and dumpsters. Service vehicles start backing up before six, if my memory serves. We got a dumpster view and I immediately asked to be moved. They couldn’t move us until the next morning, but we ended up overlooking the front of the resort, which was just fine. A week of service vehicles waking me up before sunrise would have made me crazy. So I would ask to be close to the lounge for starters.

I stayed CL at the YC a few years back. The rooms that face the front of the resort and are furthest from the lounge have ridiculously bad views. Your essentially looking at the service area and dumpsters. Service vehicles start backing up before six, if my memory serves. We got a dumpster view and I immediately asked to be moved. They couldn’t move us until the next morning, but we ended up overlooking the front of the resort, which was just fine. A week of service vehicles waking me up before sunrise would have made me crazy. So I would ask to be close to the lounge for starters.
You do NOT want the two that are next to the lounge unless you have heavy-duty earplugs. I speak from experience. You've got the balcony crowd at the lounge watching HEA, PLUS the service room directly across the hall. The CMs are very considerate in terms of talking and such, but there's only so much they can do about equipment bouncing around.

You do NOT want the two that are next to the lounge unless you have heavy-duty earplugs. I speak from experience. You've got the balcony crowd at the lounge watching HEA, PLUS the service room directly across the hall. The CMs are very considerate in terms of talking and such, but there's only so much they can do about equipment bouncing around.

That makes sense, too. I’ve never had a room right next to the lounge. I was next to a service elevator at universal once and it was the worst sleep I’ve had in years.

That makes sense, too. I’ve never had a room right next to the lounge. I was next to a service elevator at universal once and it was the worst sleep I’ve had in years.

Thanks! Boy, now maybe I'm thinking I should either just put private balcony and leave it up to chance, or actually put something along the lines of "pretty view, please, with private balcony" and leave it at that! Because the furthest rooms are of the service area and dumpsters (which I faintly remember worrying about getting last trip, I've read they are some of the worse views at WDW!) and the closest rooms are super loud. I can't win! :rotfl2: What's left - "not super close to the lounge but not the terrible view rooms way far from the lounge" :rotfl: I've never been bothered by noise before, but if it's a combo of guests going to the lounge, meeting outside the lounge, CMs servicing the lounge, and the actual service elevator/room that does sound like it could be a tad noisy. Plus with the kids, if they actually do nap or sleep in on a day we can it might be nice if they weren't woken up inadvertently. I am definitely way overthinking this.

Anyone with advice on Beach Club CL SV rooms? No one? Bueller, Bueller.... :confused3 Good views, views to avoid, and how many have full balconies? Or even just general advice, recommendations, anything?

Does anyone know if they started doing the changing of the guard again at SAB? We missed it so much last year and are hoping they brought it back. Kids always had a blast dancing with the lifeguards.

I would love to see this brought back again! It was one of those things that made the BC/YC special and we missed it last year too :(

Ninafeliz I’d just leave it to fate for BC regarding view but ask for a full balcony and then if you don’t like the room you get you can always ask what others are available :)

Just curious why there are never any lagoon/pool views available to book at the yacht club. Do they save them for convention people? I would move from the beach club to a yacht club in a minute to guarantee a full balcony and I also like the views better from the yacht club side as well.

Page 1186-1188

Be back with replies in a minute.

There are many garden view rooms that have a view of the high fireworks from Illuminations, although the trees could block some of them. There are standard view rooms that have a view of the Star Wars fireworks from HS. We had a standard view room last January with a good view of them. I believe that there are standard view rooms that have a view of the fireworks from MK, although they are off in the distance. Some water view rooms might have a view of the Star Wars fireworks. Water view rooms face the Boardwalk and the Star Wars fireworks would be behind them. There are probably some water view rooms that would have a view of Illuminations, although that might be limited to the upper floors or at the ends of the building.

So basically, what you are saying, is you *could* have a fireworks view with any view category at the resort. I agree. We had a fabulous MK fireworks view from a BC SV (Club Level) room on the front side of the resort.

:goodvibes

DH and I will be staying at BC 9/30-10/4. First stay without kids.:jumping1::jumping1:

:welcome:

Awesome time of year to have an adults-only trip. My husband and I did that a couple of years ago.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I'm arriving at the Beach Club a week from Sunday (yay!). Anyone know what the current hours are for Stormalong Bay and the quiet pools?

Have a fantastic trip!

:cool2:

The hours were 9am - 11pm last week for Stormalong Bay.

Thanks for this info. I wonder if those were special spring break hours or if they will continue for the next several months. Last year it seemed like SAB was closing at 10 pm for most of the year.

:fish:

Do any of the BC rooms have the big showers? and what category are they?:idea::idea:

Not like at the YC.

Some of the handicapped rooms may have showers only.

:umbrella:

I'm going to be staying at the Beach Club for the first time when I come down for the Dark Side Half. I haven't stayed at any of the Epcot Resorts before, so I'm looking forward to staying in a new area.

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:darth:

Can't stay away from my favorite resort for too long - dropping in for a one-night stay on 4/16-17 after my birthday cruise on the Disney Dream with my besties!

Hooray!

I'll add you to the list.

Sounds like a fantastic way to celebrate your birthday.

BC, YC or BCV.

:sail:

Looking for suggestions on room request. We have stayed at BC a few times and were very lucky both times with an amazing view of the boardwalk and Crescent Lake. We are headed down in a week and have a standard view. We requested a full size balcony and want to also request a view of something other than a rooftop. I realize that this is often what SV is but wondering if I should call BC directly or do I call the Disney reservation line to put in this request. Or.....do I just chance it and hope for the best???

The request for a full balcony should be your priority, and possibly only, request. If you want to add a secondary request for no rooftop view, I think the best way to phrase that would be "Facing front entrance (parking lot)" as that would be the option for standard view rooms.

Definitely add this to your reservation through the Central Reservations Office. You may call the resort if you wish, within 5-6 days from your check-in date.

::yes::

Last edited:

Our next 4 nights are BC CL SV. I have never stayed here and really don't have much knowledge of the resort other than the shared parts with YC. I looked at TP room view finder, and it looks like the SV rooms are all across the front of the hotel and then there are 6 rooms down a little hall. Do the rooms down the little hall that don't face the front of the resort have more desirable views, or are they somehow worse? Because just on the flat TP map they seem like they would be better, and their view photos don't seem right for some of them. What are the general SV CL views? My priorities for here are full balcony (I really, really would like this. what percent of the rooms have one?), decent view for SV, and close to lounge. Do any rooms have shared balconies or only showers?

We cannot upgrade to a better view even if we wanted to, because we need the rooms that sleep 5 since we have 4 kids, 2 of which are infants. We're taking advantage of the last 2 years we can stay CL without needing 2 rooms, a suite, or the deluxe rooms that sleep 6 at WL or BW :laughing: After that the majority or our CL days may be over :sad:. I also wasn't sure if I should post here of over on the CL thread, but thought I would start here since my questions are all resort specific and over on that thread I don't seem to run across as many YC and BC CL reports, lately it seems to be more Poly, GF, and BWI centric. Maybe I should have split all of my questions in into like a dozen posts instead of one, it will take a dedicated Dis'er to take pity on me and tackle this :rotfl2::worship::disrocks:

:welcome: back!

When is your trip?

I know that the length of this thread can be intimidating, but my suggestion is to look at Page 1 and then the last 10 or 20 pages to catch up. I try to keep the first page updated with current resort info.

I am not sure how to advise you on the room requests, but I'll make a stab at it.

For the Yacht Club:

I think that most of the rooms with 2 Queen beds (which you would have) should have a tub, but there could be exceptions. Not really sure which rooms have which set ups since the renovation. If the shared balcony is an issue, then I would make "No shared balcony, please" your priority request. Add "Room with bathtub please" and maybe... "not at far end of hallway"

For the Beach Club:

I can't remember. Do any of the club level rooms have a shared balcony? (What about on other floors?). I think not, but if I am mistaken, someone let me know.

As far as I know, all of the rooms at the Beach Club have both a tub and shower, unless it is a handicap-accessible room.

The BC CL SV rooms either look at the front entrance parking lot or they will have a view of the pebble rooftops (and maybe the pool, or Crescent Lake beyond). I personally don't think I would mind that, but others have said they don't want to see rooftops.

My suggestion for a room request for the Beach Club is "Full balcony please". There is a higher percentage of full balconies at club level than in the standard rooms of the resort, I think it is about 75-80%.

:goodvibes

Just curious why there are never any lagoon/pool views available to book at the yacht club. Do they save them for convention people? I would move from the beach club to a yacht club in a minute to guarantee a full balcony and I also like the views better from the yacht club side as well.

Do you happen to be a party of 5? The Lagoon View rooms at YC have a maximum capacity of 4.

Do you happen to be a party of 5? The Lagoon View rooms at YC have a maximum capacity of 4.
Do any of the lagoon views have a day bed? We booked in the lagoon view category, but were hoping for a day bed because of our teen daughter and son.

Do any of the lagoon views have a day bed? We booked in the lagoon view category, but were hoping for a day bed because of our teen daughter and son.

At YC, no. A very small percentage of BC Lagoon View rooms have daybeds. But YC Lagoon View is listed with a maximum occupancy of 4 and no day bed.

You may be able to request a rollaway bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter